No announcement yet.

A Project: Creating Cpt. Nemo's Red Front for CtP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A brief update. I couldnt get the map to "CTD on exit" again, and i generated a new crash.txt at some point with another game so i lost the old crash.txt, so if anyone is investigating that "CTD on exit" its probably not particular to my map anyway.

However, exiting anywhere in the game can be a problem sometimes. Occaisionally i exit the game and ctp2.exe keeps running, until i terminate it. IIRC something like this has been reporting before anyway.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I need some help with a bit of slic. I want to only allow these civs to research these particular advances, all the rest arent allowed.

Advanced Artillery - 1 & 5

Advanced Flight - 1 & 5

Advanced Flight II - 1

Advanced Flight III - 1

Adv. Mobile Warfare - 1 & 5

Adv. Mobile Warfare II - 1 & 5

Adv. Mobile Warfare III - 5

Adv. Mobile Warfare IV - 5

Civil Defence - 1 & 5

Einsatz-Gruppe - 5

Jet Propulsion - 5

Propellants - 1

I tried copying some code from other scenarios but its not exactly what i want, and it failed miserably when i tried to change it.

Thanks in advance anyone.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

I added a CultureOnly flag to advances so only civs with a certain citystyle can research it.

haven't tested it thoroughly. But you could create a citystyle for each civ (even if you re-use graphics) and then assign it as cultureonly to the advances.

I'll add civilizationonly advances to my list though.
        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by E
          I added a CultureOnly flag to advances so only civs with a certain citystyle can research it.

haven't tested it thoroughly. But you could create a citystyle for each civ (even if you re-use graphics) and then assign it as cultureonly to the advances.
          Ah, i didnt see that!

I have unique styles for 1 & 5, which are the only civs with unique advances so this should be fine if it works. Thanks

Comment

Doesnt seem to work I got a CTD everytime just with

Code:
            ADVANCE_ADVANCED_ARTILLERY_RF {

Prerequisites ADVANCE_EXPLOSIVES

Cost 13952
               Icon ICON_ADVANCE_EXPLOSIVES
               Branch 0
               Age AGE_SIX
               CultureOnly CITY_STYLE_ASIAN
            }
            (i assume this is right?).

I guess i still need that slic code for now if anyone wants to help.

Comment

can you post the crash for it. Just to make sure.

Comment

Yep here it is:
                Attached Files

Comment

Well Maq, it would be more confortable if you would post next time the content of the crash.txt and not the crash.txt isself. To download attachments you have to be logged in, but if I do so I lose the marks of the new posts and of course I don't want to use every public computer to log in.

Well this time I post the content of both crash.txts for you:

Code:
                    0x00462d5d  [?SetHasAdvance@Advances@@QAEXH@Z + 0x6d]
                    0x00501af6  [?LoadAdvances@MapFile@@QAE_NPAEH@Z + 0x86]
                    0x00500d86  [?LoadMap@MapFile@@QAE_NPAU_iobuf@@@Z + 0x1c6]
                    0x004ff3a0  [?Load@MapFile@@QAE_NPBD@Z + 0x30]
                    0x006f7137  [?FileAction@ScenarioEditor@@SAXPAVFileDialog@@IPBDPAX@Z + 0x67]
                    0x006cd42c  [?LoadCallback@FileDialog@@SAXPAVaui_Control@@IIPAX@Z + 0xcc]
                    0x006147ab  [?MouseLDropInside@aui_Button@@MAEXPAUaui_MouseEvent@@@Z + 0xdb]
                    0x00696da8  [?MouseLDropInside@ctp2_Button@@UAEXPAUaui_MouseEvent@@@Z + 0x18]
                    0x00636d65  [?MouseDispatch@aui_Region@@QAEXPAUaui_MouseEvent@@H@Z + 0x2c5]
                    0x00635275  [?HandleMouseEvent@aui_Region@@QAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAUaui_MouseEvent@@H@Z + 0x115]
                    0x006351e8  [?HandleMouseEvent@aui_Region@@QAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAUaui_MouseEvent@@H@Z + 0x88]
                    0x00644229  [?HandleMouseEvents@aui_UI@@QAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@HPAUaui_MouseEvent@@@Z + 0x99]
                    0x00644863  [?Process@aui_UI@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@XZ + 0x23]
                    0x0040c112  [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@QAEHIAAI@Z + 0x1a2]
                    0x0040c50d  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x12d]
                    0x004071f1  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3a1]
                    0x00406ca5  [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
                    0x007ca1bc  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                    0x77e814c7  [__onexitbegin + 0x774de6ef]
                  Code:
                    0x004aa439  [?GameObj_Access@@YAPAVGAMEOBJ@@PAV1@I@Z + 0x9]
                    0x00497e36  [?AccessData@CivilisationPool@@QAEPAVCivilisationData@@VCivilisation@@@Z + 0x16]
                    0x0049b0a2  [?AccessData@Civilisation@@QBEPAVCivilisationData@@XZ + 0x12]
                    0x004b4e7d  [?InitPlayer@Player@@QAEXHHW4PLAYER_TYPE@@@Z + 0x9fd]
                    0x004b4453  [??0Player@@QAE@HHW4PLAYER_TYPE@@W4CIV_INDEX@@W4GENDER@@@Z + 0x33]
                    0x004fc740  [?gameinit_Initialize@@YAHHHAAVCivArchive@@@Z + 0x1600]
                    0x0040aea8  [?InitializeGame@CivApp@@QAEHAAVCivArchive@@@Z + 0x178]
                    0x0040d36d  [?Execute@StartGameAction@@UAEXPAVaui_Control@@II@Z + 0xd]
                    0x0040c112  [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@QAEHIAAI@Z + 0x1a2]
                    0x0040c50d  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x12d]
                    0x004071f1  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3a1]
                    0x00406ca5  [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
                    0x007ca1bc  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                    0x77e814c7  [__onexitbegin + 0x774de6ef]
                  -Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                    Well Maq, it would be more confortable if you would post next time the content of the crash.txt and not the crash.txt isself. To download attachments you have to be logged in, but if I do so I lose the marks of the new posts and of course I don't want to use every public computer to log in.

Well this time I post the content of both crash.txts for you:
                    I understand your situation, ill post the text next time. Thanks

Comment

Since the artwork is mostly done now (great library/interface pictures arent), heres a screenshot. Work can now begin on the AI...

Also if anyone wants to make those great library/interface pictures theyre more than welcome to help... I also needs lots of good unit sounds
                      Attached Files

Comment

OOOOOOOH Looks good. feel free to use my terrain stuff if you want

How many units did you make? did you resize them or keep them Civ3sized? Did you borrow from my civ3mod? It looks like you made some new ones and they do look great!

Comment

The winter version looks even sweeter Ill post that when i have time.

I made around 90 unit sprites, theyre in the directory. I dont think i borrowed any units from your civ3 mod because you made them smaller? Theyre their original sizes, since im only using 1 original CtP2 sprite i resized that instead.

Could you post the farms from your civ3 mod? Im still thinking about changing the farms if i can find something really good.

Im using the dead tile for the minefield terrain at the moment, id wanted to use that with the barbed wire graphic (from activision's ww2 scen) on it, but im having trouble with overlapping borders, and i dont want to decrease the size of the barbed wire graphic to fit inside the tile borders. Any ideas?

I should also say the sawmill isnt mine, i took it from the original red front, i just gave it a tree and made it a good sprite.

Comment

Looking good, Maq.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Wombat Sighting!

Maq, I have a minefield graphic in my E-tiles. Or are you just looking for the tgas. oYou can extract them using tiledit ftom my Tilefile.

How are you using minefields. I did hardcode hostileterrain and minefields as options in the game. HostileTerrain deducts HP if you end your turn there. Minefields do the same but require a tileimp with minefield on it to deduct HP.

Comment

Originally posted by E
                                Wombat Sighting!
                                They always come back

Maq, I have a minefield graphic in my E-tiles. Or are you just looking for the tgas. oYou can extract them using tiledit ftom my Tilefile.
                                I dont have your civ3 mod on this computer, plus im on dial-up for the moment so i was just lookin for an easy way Ill download it and have a look.

Im looking for any minefield graphic, but i particularly like the barbed wire from the ww2 scen. The problem comes when the borders are placed they overlap the edges of the barbed wire. i havent experimented much, but would it be possible to incorporate the edges of the barbed wire into the borders, so when the borders are placed it will look like the whole of the barbed wire is there?

How are you using minefields. I did hardcode hostileterrain and minefields as options in the game. HostileTerrain deducts HP if you end your turn there. Minefields do the same but require a tileimp with minefield on it to deduct HP.
                                Im using a terraformable terrain with the hostileterrain flag. To be precise im using polar hills and the dead tile as the tileset for it, reason for this is i couldnt allow the game to terraform to dead tiles (so the player can create minefields), so instead used the polar hill entry which never gets used in the map.

Comment

Working...
                                X