Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global-scale Intercontinental Thermonuclear War!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global-scale Intercontinental Thermonuclear War!!!

I will post details on my plans for a nuclear strike on GS as soon as we get Tactical Nukes (4 turns). In the meantime, I know some of you have extensive PBEM experience and was wondering if you've fought a nuclear war. If so, post your experiences.

Right now my plan calls for a 3-nuke strike on the first turn of the war. Two will be strategic strikes against Eye of the Storm and Tempest (2 of GS's 3 main cities) via Nuke Subs prowling in the south. The third strike is against Elipollis to stall a GS movement north when we invade Roleplay.

Questions, since I have not played a nuclear war in YEARS (literally):

1) The nuke kills what percentage of city units? Do they damage the rest?

2) Does the nuke pollute ALL the tiles around the city or just a number?

3) Do tactical nukes have to be loaded to a Sub in port or does any coast suffice?

4) If there's a forest tile, does the nuclear blast destroy the forest?

Yes, I'm too lazy to make a practice scenario to clear these doubts
    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Re: Global-scale Intercontinental Thermonuclear War!!!

Originally posted by Master Zen
    I will post details on my plans for a nuclear strike on GS as soon as we get Tactical Nukes (4 turns). In the meantime, I know some of you have extensive PBEM experience and was wondering if you've fought a nuclear war. If so, post your experiences.

Right now my plan calls for a 3-nuke strike on the first turn of the war. Two will be strategic strikes against Eye of the Storm and Tempest (2 of GS's 3 main cities) via Nuke Subs prowling in the south. The third strike is against Elipollis to stall a GS movement north when we invade Roleplay.

Questions, since I have not played a nuclear war in YEARS (literally):

1) The nuke kills what percentage of city units? Do they damage the rest?

2) Does the nuke pollute ALL the tiles around the city or just a number?

3) Do tactical nukes have to be loaded to a Sub in port or does any coast suffice?

4) If there's a forest tile, does the nuclear blast destroy the forest?

Yes, I'm too lazy to make a practice scenario to clear these doubts
    1: Not sure. I'll look it up and post back

[edit] All I can find is 50% chance to kill. No official word on weather they are damaged, but I BELIEVE so IIRC.

2: Yes, all 8 tiles get polluted

3: not entirely sure haven't used tacticals much. can you rebase? Might not need the sub in town at all if so. If not, I would guess it needs to be IN TOWN.

4: Yes, it removes the forest and pollutes the tile, but DOES NOT DOWNGRADE the tile.
    Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; March 15, 2005, 11:32.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

All improvements in the tile get destroyed as well Hitting their capital will cripple them as it will cancel any lux trades they have with anyone.

Up to 75% of the population will be killed. I do not believe that you have to directly hit a city for this to happen. Ie, hit next to a city and 75% of the population is killed and 50% of the units destroyed + all 8 tiles surrounding the strike (minus the tile the city is on) get polluted and imps destroyed. This should be done on coastal cities. I have to get to sleep now, but I will ran a test either later today or tomarrow morning.

Remember to strike at their sources of uranium!!!!
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

They don't have uranium

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Never had a nuclear war.
          In SP or PBEM.

In fact, I have virtually no experience in modern warfare at all. (Except ONCE against Vondrak who kicked my ass)
          "No Comment"

Comment

H_E vs Vondrack seems to be a recurrring PBEM classic

Comment

It was nasty ...

Vondrack used grunt force.
              I used every trick in the book.
              "No Comment"

Comment

Sounds like the Lego War but with roles reversed...

Comment

See the 1340 AD turnthread to see our new Evil Planâ„¢.

Here's the target list:

Yellow line = range from Devil's Horn
                  Orange line = range from Devil's Horn + Sub moves
                  Red line = range from prepositioned sub 2 tiles off Devil's Horn.

IMO, priority targets should be:

1) The GS Uranium (and Arashi beside it)
                  2) Santa Barbara (Roleplay - so we can invade)
                  3) Elipolis (to not allow GS to help RP)
                  4) Olibanum Gale/Whirlwind (can hit both with 1 burst)
                  5) Monsoon
                  6) any possible battleship stack near their coast

Comment

Working...
                  X