my first game of aldebaran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first game of aldebaran

I just felt the need to post this does anyone else find this mod difficult I love it though. I played the syndicate on map of the planet and got stuck between the peacemakers and that empress chick. Any ways this was my first game of it and the tech tree confused me but i had allot of fun, I ended up going to war with the empress chick (( I hate her hehe))) she sent some 4-2-1 infantry my way and I managed to probe a few and hold her but she kept coming and overwhealmed me haha. She whiped out one of my eastern cities so I guess I need to try a new game plan haha like finding out what tech has crawlers. anyways to the people that made this mod thank you I love it and if you have it yet you should get it, its allot of fun and challenging.

Go here and check out the newest version of Aldebaran!

You could also post the same there, people need a bit of inspiration. The project is almost finished, just the last finish lane to go.

And if you are even more interested, or interested in Aldebaran for SMAX, you could make your own contributions to the project.

Not having SMAX?

..and scroll to the very bottom.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

hmm

can't get the smax file from there to work..odd thanks for any help you can provide!
      A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Bring more converts to the dark caverns of the AC-Creation forum. :twisted:
        #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
        #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

can't get the smax file from there to work..odd thanks for any help you can provide!
          It's really odd.

download whichever archive you have, unarchive it, run the installer, set target and voilaa, after some unarchiving you have SMAX!

Note that it's a PC version..
          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

ok played my second game did better this time managed to figure out what tech gave me what lol. is there any way to bring the spartans in instead of the uni id like to try them against these super factions.

Comment

Slh: in SMAX you can choose any seven factions you like.
              ftp://ftp.sff.net/pub/people/zoetrope/MOO2/
              Zoe Trope

Comment

You have to edit the alphax.txt file. Go to #Factions and change one of the faction names to SPARTAN.

I'm not exactly sure if that's right.... but it should be
                I once was a slave to the Alderbaran 2 project!
                Now I shall work towards cIV:AC!... Oh Wait, that's dead too...
                It's Nword like 'lord' and 'sword'

Comment

Working...
                X