The Next Great American Sports Film Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Next Great American Sports Film Classic

On April 8th, a movie opens that will revolutionize the sports movie genre as we know it. In the vein of classics like "Rudy", "Breaking Away", and "Miracle", comes a movie so thrilling and so heartwarming that it'll make you get up and say "Hey, why not?"

I give you:

FEVER PITCH

Just watch the trailer...it will make tears well up in the corner of your eye.

April 8th, 2005, you will believe...again
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

On April 8th, a movie opens that will revolutionize the sports movie genre as we know it. In the vein of classics like "Rudy", "Breaking Away", and "Miracle", comes a movie so thrilling and so heartwarming that it'll make you get up and say "Hey, why not?"

You mean a movie where a woman tries to (and probably succeeds) in pulling her man away from his sports fanaticism is an inspirational film like Miracle?

(Oh, and Rudy sucked ass)
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

JIMMI FALLON - THE WORLDS 2ND WORSE RED SOX FAN. WHAT A POSER

(john kerry is the worse - his favorite red sox player is Manny Ortez)
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

HOWEVER: that movies trailer sent a chill down my spine. people who arnt hardcore fans of losing teams (red sox fans for example) wouldnt understand .
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

at least this isn't about a crappy remake of the longest yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
            HOWEVER: that movies trailer sent a chill down my spine. people who arnt hardcore fans of losing teams (red sox fans for example) wouldnt understand .
            But you KNOW that at the end of that movie, Fallon is going to go with Barrymore to Paris and miss the September games out of love. It's a silly romantic comedy, it's gotta end that way.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Just FYI...the ending of the movie was changed due to...certain circumstances surrounding the 2004 World Series
              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Yes, I realize... but being a romantic comedy... the woman always gets what she wants.

Comment

But you KNOW that at the end of that movie, Fallon is going to go with Barrymore to Paris and miss the September games out of love. It's a silly romantic comedy, it's gotta end that way.
                  nah, at the end they make out on busch stadium's infield

Comment

The only saving grace of this movie is Barrymore getting abaseball upside thehead.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

You know what's really bad about it though. I just looked it up on IMDB and it is based on "Fever Pitch", a novel about the author's obsession with Arsenal's soccer club. Yeah, ok, adapting it for a US audience. But a movie on the novel was made in 1997! They are making a remake and it isn't even 10 years since the original!

Comment

but they didnt have to change the name cuz pitch works for both sports

Comment

Well if they are making a 'remake' there is no reason to change the name.

Comment

you do if the name no longer makes sense. if an american movie is called '1st and 10' and the limeys remake it for soccer, they need to change the name.

Comment

if you want a really good movie
                              This website is for sale! comboverthemovie.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, comboverthemovie.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                              X