X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3 Mod

I'm officailly renaming it Call to Civilization

Yeah it uses a lot of civ3 graphics and some concepts but his out grown simply being a civ3mod and is the only mod now that comprehensively uses al ot of the ne AE features.

UPDATE

NEW VERSION AUG 13, 2006

Requires (and installed in this order):
    Ctp2 and patch (of course)
    PLAYTEST 10-23-2005 (or later) http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...ytest.1of3.rar

E's Build Rev 627 (or later) http://apolyton.net/upload/view/2610_ECtp2exe627.rar
    E's Tiles 8-05-2006 http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...E-tile1.15.zip
    E's Diplomod http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...d7-13-2006.rar
    E's Civ3 Mod 08-13-2006 http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...2006-08-13.rar

New SCENARIO INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS!
    Thanks to BureauBert's testing you can install the Civ3mod in the scenario folder and not over the original (Apolyton Edition) Game.
    After the latest playtest and build 583 (or higher) are installed. Copy the contents of the rar to the scenario folder under scenarios.
    Then Copy Diplomod06-02-2006 matching the folders.
    Then add the latest Tilefile (dated May 16,2006) from the zip by adding the tile folder to the graphics subfolder in the Scenario's default folder
    Finally, you'll have to re-add civilisation.txt to the scenario's default\gamedata and the civ.str to scenario's english\gamedata

If I missed a step let me know.

Features 7-17-2006
    - Farms require irrigation to built first
    - Building Railroads removes the imp below so build them sparingly
    - AI knows how to use SneakAttack units, watch out!
    - Galleys have a 50% chance of sinking at sea (AI not affect at some levels)
    - Buildings enable some goods

FEATURES 6-21-2006
    - Some Wonders exclude others from being built

FEATURES 5-28-2006
    - Sleeping a unit that is obsolete in a city can upgrade them if you have enough gold
    - Galleys and Ironclads can now move into sea, but they sink if they start their turn there
    - Deserts, jungles, glaciers are hostile terrain and units that start there turn their lose HP
    - A religion is discovered with certain advances as a feat.
    - Religious units now build there holy buildings when they convert cities
    - The Heroic Epic is OnePerCiv and adds 1 HP to all your existing units

FEATURES 4-15-2006:
    - Human's can gift units to AI they are not at war by disbanding them in the AI territory
    - Railroads dont givea move bonus when you are at war with that player
    - Barbarians now have navies
    - Elephant and Horse units are now more restrictive only the city collecting them can build the unit, so protect it!

FEATURES 3-26-2006:
    - 13 different Citystyles
    - Limited Settling - Settlers only can settle on grass, Plains, and Desert (desert is not recommended)
    - Advanced Farms enable goods - These goods are different per terrain and have a TRADEFOOD value. Tradefood means that if you create a traderoute of that

good the city wont get the food bonus but the receiving city will. It works to build cities in your empire or to other players
    - Plantations - special improvements that give high value gold goods
    - Buildings add to Radius - Courthouses and Bureaucracies increase your city radius, not population
    - TradeProduction - Some goods (like Lumber) increase production in the city that has it. If you dont trade you keep it, if not the recipient gets it. Oil

gives a huge bonus.
    - Units costs Gold - The more units you build the more expensive your palace (seat of government) is. This value is based on the number of units, readiness

level, wages, and the shield gold factor.
    - GoldPerCity - Some improvements get more expensive as you add more cities to your empire.
    - GoldPercitizen - Food and health imps like Granaries, Aqueducts, and hospitals are more expensive as your population grows.
    - SmallWonders - Some buildings you can only build one of in your empire, they give huge percent increases
    - Slavers can be killed without starting a war although it affects regard
    - Privateers have sneakattack and sneakbombard capabilities
    - NonlethalBombardment - most artillery and bombers dont kill Units.
    - Collateral Damage - tiles with a unit and an improvement will have th improvement destroyed when bombed by bombers.
    - TileBombardment - some unitscan destroy tile improvements
    - CultureOnly units - Legions and Samurai are available to only specific civilizations
    - NeedsGood - Some units like Horses and Elepphants require any city to be collecting or buying that good
    - Buildings enable goods - some buildings give your city a good (not always tradeable); i.e. stables give horses
    - IncreaseBombard range: most artillery have different bombard ranges
    - Oil wells and drilling platforms are restricted to the oil good
    - Barbarians only produce guerrillas and they reproduce each turn so expect "guerrilla wars" in the modern era
    - Multiple Building PreRequisites - some buildings require multiple buildings throughout the empire to build (like the feat)
    - CityStyle Bonuses - Some Citystyle cities will have bonuses too, and you keep the bonus if you conquer the city
    - Rivers are VERY valuable more food and gold
    - Tyrranies and Theocracies have high food coefficients, weak in many ways they have huge populations so expect third world like situations
    - Barracks make Veteran units
    - Only religious units can perform the "reform order"

NOTE:
    - Sadly all my Civ3 units are Multi-Dimensional Single Frame (MDSF) so they aren't animated
    - I haven't added descriptions. Sorry. If you want to know what units require goods and other stuff you'll have to see the txt files

01-01-2006 version
    PLAYABLE!
    TO DO work:
    Updated CTP2 sprites Infector and Ecoterrorist sprites to Civ3 size
    Add Civ3 goods in place of Ctp2 ones
    Update some units with PTW icons
    Add Strategic Resource dependecies for units (horse, elephant etc)
    Last edited by Ekmek; December 10, 2006, 18:35.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Sounds interesting E, especially interested to see how far youre going to go transferring over things like cultural borders and strategic (depletable) resources, that can also be traded and used.

By the way that hot point needs adjusting on that city
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

i would love to see all the stuff you have been working on released in a mod...this Civ3 mod will have all your work in it right? i am not sure what would be civ3ish...

perhaps the subtitle for yours can be something like What Civ3 Should Have Been or CtP2.2:civ3.3? (.3 based on # xpansions, or am i wrong)

Comment

there won't be much Slic really, mainly it will be a graphics mod, but with modified text files (civs, units, advances) slicing some civ3 features may be in a later version...

Comment

IMHO, those graphics look worse than CtP2. I wouldn't mind some Civ3 feautures in CtP2, but the graphics are good as they are .
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

That is a degraded screenshot though, and also civ3 units look better than ctp2 units on the civ3 terrain E made because they use a similar pallete.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

to each his own...

Comment

just an update...I only have 14 units left but in the new screenshot (in first post) you can see the results from the resized Slaver. It fits in pretty good, IMHO.

Comment

Yeah it does E. BTW whats that bloke holding the suitcase? and the one stood to his right?

Comment

thats the Civ3PTW machine gunner (to replace the the CTP2 machine gunner). My mod just replaces graphics right now, and I try to get it as close to ctp2 as I can. Later it will feature Civ3 advance tree etc.

Comment

Did you already finish the machine gunner with animation or none? Id like to use it if youve got attack animations on it, if youll allow me to?

Comment

omg new screen!
                        hmmm, civ3 units are closer to RTS... like the three tile ships and the floating helis...

Comment

the machine gunner is no animation but multidirectional single frames. here's a taste
                          Attached Files

Comment

UPDATE. THEY ARE DONE!

1) These are for the standard game (so far) I will do conversions for Cradle and CTC later.

2) They are Multi-Directional Single Frame (MDSF) images. They have different graphics and directions for death, move, attack, and idle but there is no animation.

3) Civ3 only goes up to the modern age so I did not replace or doing anything beyond stealth fighters etc.

4) I have received the unique units (lawyers, slavers) to match the size of the Civ3 stuff but they are also MDSF.

Here's a preview of the units on my terrain:

Civ3 Cities for Ctp2

E's Civ3 Units for Ctp2

E's new tiles for Ctp2 here! Feb 15, 2005 edition

Comment

Would it not be possible to incorporate culture and strategic resources by tweaking the released source code? I think that a fusion of civ3 and ctp2 (not just a cosmetic overhaul) could be quite good. Mind you I have no idea just how much work that would involve (probably a lot).

Comment

Working...
                              X