Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links to downloads are in the following README quote box!

Requires (and installed in this order):
    Ctp2 and patch (of course)
    PLAYTEST 10-23-2005 (or later) http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...ytest.1of3.rar

E's Build Rev 557 (or later) http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...Ctp2exe557.rar
    E's Tiles 3-24-2006 http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...E-tile1.15.zip
    E's Civ3 Mod 01-01-2006 http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...2006-03-26.rar

Recommended:
    E's Diplomod (because diplomacy pictures are cool) http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...E-Diplomod.zip

FEATURES:
    - Bureaubert's Frenzy2.1 SLIC
    - 13 different Citystyles
    - Limited Settling - Settlers only can settle on grass, Plains, and Desert (desert is not recommended)
    - Advanced Farms enable goods - These goods are different per terrain and have a TRADEFOOD value. Tradefood means that if you create a traderoute of

that good the city wont get the food bonus but the receiving city will. It works to build cities in your empire or to other players
    - Plantations - special improvements that give high value gold goods
    - Buildings add to Radius - Courthouses and Bureaucracies increase your city radius, not population
    - TradeProduction - Some goods (like Lumber) increase production in the city that has it. If you dont trade you keep it, if not the recipient gets it. Oil gives a

huge bonus.
    - Units costs Gold - The more units you build the more expensive your palace (seat of government) is. This value is based on the number of units, readiness

level, wages, and the shield gold factor.
    - GoldPerCity - Some improvements get more expensive as you add more cities to your empire.
    - GoldPercitizen - Food and health imps like Granaries, Aqueducts, and hospitals are more expensive as your population grows.
    - SmallWonders - Some buildings you can only build one of in your empire, they give huge percent increases
    - Slavers can be killed without starting a war although it affects regard
    - Privateers have sneakattack and sneakbombard capabilities
    - NonlethalBombardment - most artillery and bombers dont kill Units.
    - Collateral Damage - tiles with a unit and an improvement will have th improvement destroyed when bombed by bombers.
    - TileBombardment - some unitscan destroy tile improvements
    - CultureOnly units - Legions and Samurai are available to only specific civilizations
    - NeedsGood - Some units like Horses and Elepphants require any city to be collecting or buying that good
    - Buildings enable goods - some buildings give your city a good (not always tradeable); i.e. stables give horses
    - IncreaseBombard range: most artillery have different bombard ranges
    - Oil wells and drilling platforms are restricted to the oil good
    - Barbarians only produce guerrillas and they reproduce each turn so expect "guerrilla wars" in the modern era
    - Multiple Building PreRequisites - some buildings require multiple buildings throughout the empire to build (like the feat)
    - CityStyle Bonuses - Some Citystyle cities will have bonuses too, and you keep the bonus if you conquer the city
    - Rivers are VERY valuable more food and gold
    - Tyrranies and Theocracies have high food coefficients, weak in many ways they have huge populations so expect third world like situations
    - Barracks make Veteran units
    - Only religious units can perform the "reform order"

NOTE:
    - Sadly all my Civ3 units are Multi-Dimensional Single Frame (MDSF) so they aren't animated
    - I haven't added descriptions. Sorry. If you want to know what units require goods and other stuff you'll have to see the txt files

01-01-2006 version
    PLAYABLE!
    TO DO work:
    Updated CTP2 sprites Infector and Ecoterrorist sprites to Civ3 size
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Hi E!

I just gave your Mod a try -- the graphics looks great. The units I have seen so far are amazingly perfect, the terrain is more "realistic", generally I like the smaller units and goods.
      I basically like the settling restriction. I have a similar restriction in my own Mod (no movement and settling for early settlers and no movement for early military units on mountains), but later in the game an improved settler type is able to move and settle anywhere.

The lack of descriptions may not annoy people who are familiar with the Civ-series, I hardly know what I am doing -- specially regarding wonders . But I know that editing the great library is by far the hardest work and I don't seriously complain.

I think it would be a good idea to ship the mod either as a scenario (IIRC scenarios have been fixed in the playtest), or as a ModSwapper-Mod (with it's own copy of all textfiles and a gamefile.txt of its own, but in this case we have a problem with the TileFile ). As it is delivered now it requires a separate installation -- otherwise it screws up the original installation. At least people should be aware that they should put the Civ3-Mod into a copy of the entire "Call To Power II"-directory.

Finally I managed to crash the game . The crash occurs when I am told that someone else is about to complete a wonder -- but it rather seems to be some goody-hut problem. And I am unable to tell if it's a problem of the playtest or the Mod (well, a CTD is always a problem of the program, of course). Anyway here comes the crash.txt:

Code:
        0x0047ffa3  [?GetMinPrerequisites@Advances@@QBEJJJ@Z + 0x6]
        0x00480049  [?GetMinPrerequisites@Advances@@QBEJJJ@Z + 0xac]
        0x004ce35a  [?ChooseType@GoodyHut@@AAE?AW4GOODY@@ABJ@Z + 0x177]
        0x004ce5f8  [?OpenGoody@GoodyHut@@QAEXABJABVMapPoint@@@Z + 0x33]
        0x00492eb2  [?CheckTerrainEvents@ArmyData@@QAEXXZ + 0x60]
        0x0049eeec  [?GEVHookCallback@MoveUnitsEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x7d0]
        0x005bc5df  [?Run@GameEventHook@@AAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAViterator@?$list@UNode@GameEventHook@@V?$allocator@UNode@GameEventHook@@@std@@@std@@PAVGameEventArgList@@AAJ@Z + 0x63]
        0x005bc576  [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PAVGameEventArgList@@JAAJ@Z + 0x7e]
        0x005bd1ea  [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@JAAJ@Z + 0x3a]
        0x005bae94  [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAH@Z + 0x2f]
        0x005bd048  [?ProcessHead@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x33]
        0x005bcfeb  [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x7b]
        0x0040f031  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0x103]
        0x00407dc0  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3b6]
        0x00407837  [WinMain@16 + 0x74]
        0x008add4c  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
        0x7c816d4f  [__onexitbegin + 0x7bc6a157]
      The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

Thanks Bureaubert,

havent seen that crash before (or yet) any chance you can post the save game?

I've had a lot of wonders built by the AI (they beat me alot) and I never got any huts in my last game (the ai is that quick).

Comment

post the save game?
          Sure, but beware it's slightly modded to APOL UltraGigantic -- you may feel somewhat lost when looking at the minimap . I put the const and map textfiles into the zip, though I don't think you need them to start from the savegame.
          Attached Files
          The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

Bureaubert

Still working on your crash. I think part has to do with # of advances. But what level of barbarians was this? this may have an impact. I think the large map where goody huts would survive into advanced ages may have an impact as well (but one that I'll try to fix)

Comment

Yeah, I am the ultra-giga-map crash tester

Barb level was "villages only" -- I don't like dealing with too many spearmen in the beginning of the game

Comment

Originally posted by BureauBert
                Barb level was "villages only" -- I don't like dealing with too many spearmen in the beginning of the game
                d'oh there goes that proposed solution. hmmm...I guess if you are dying to finish the game you can use the cheat to erase all the goody huts :wow:

but i'm runing out of ideas on this except maybe its because my tech tree is kind of small. i added double prereqs and it did nothing.

Comment

runing out of ideas on this
                  Well, this one still remains :

the large map where goody huts would survive into advanced ages may have an impact as well (but one that I'll try to fix)
                  if you are dying to finish the game ...
                  Don't worry, I am just waiting for the next build to try and crash it on a super-mega-ultra-large map if I can't find another possibility .

Comment

well my tech tree is only 23 advances smaller than the original ctp2, which is fine because the game ends in the modern age. I have redone my techs to require two, which is something I see a lot of in ctp2 and that you haveto finish an age before going on to the next.

unfortunately, i think because in your game the cubans are finishing age 2 or 3 but still have stuff to research in 1 (like code of laws) my fixes wont affect it. But I'll uploaded the latest civ3mod with changes soon and a new build and maybe you'll have enough patience to start a new game (and then crash it )

Comment

I'm putting up my latest Civ3 mod here:

Note you'll have to get the April 15th tiles (updated some tileipms and some forest tiles)

And you'll need the 562 build of the playtest. So far it seems real stable.

However, Bureaubert you are free to continue that last game you had but not sure how stable it'll be so you might want to start a new one just in case (well in between Modern Times Modding )

I have a great game going. I wont go into details now but I will say I did lose three cities but having an elephant inmy territory saved my rear. I have since limited elephant warriors to only the city with the elephant. It was not a cake walk to takethem back but limiting the elephants will make it challenging.

TThe other tip I have is manage your readiness and taxes well. You go broke fast. So don't expect massive armies. I know some love that. but you have toplan for it. Often I've had to go to peace and cut my science ate to buildup my treasury so I can go to war. If you stay a war readiness and build lots of units you'll go broke fast.

It has made each turn challenging and you really feel a difference between peace and war. And trade is important, it helps your finances so do what you can to trade and that includes late game tileimps that give goods.

The Ai is better than i thought. No kidding I saw a greek settler wander through my territory and then rendevous with a galley from the other direction to go off and settle an island. Never saw that before.

Sorry I still havent updated the Great Library so you might want to get a little familiar with stuff like buildings and tileimps especially before you start.

have fun let me know any problems (of course)

Comment

PS I didn't update the hagia sophia's production cost from my showonmap testing it should be 4000 instead of 40. here is the right wonder.txt
                        Attached Files

Comment

I should add that enjoyed some of my own playtesting last night using my Civ3mod.

It wasn't a 'clean' play since I opened the cheat a few times to rename AI civs to my liking and occasionally stopped to fix a value or flag in my txt files.

I did encounter a 'Bureaubert' crash a day before when a civ got wiped out by a nationwide revolt anf it caused the governor crash listed below. But I'll add it my bug fixes if I see it again. The game I was playing last night was stable and i stopped at turn 250-ish but look forward to more tonight.

some notes

- upgrading is great and helps a lot

- I fought a few battles with units at half HP because I had to stay in a peace readiness so I wouldn't bankrupt my economy. I had to choose my battles well and have achieved a stable front with one of the AIs.

- Anarchy bankrupts my country. A side effect to some of the gold flags and the penalties in Anarchy makes it cost some -200000 gold a turn while in anarchy. basically it cleaned out my treasury and probably sold buildings (but I never get a pop up for it...hmmm). A pain, but pretty realistic and you do recover after emerging from anarchy. so govt switching is something to think about carefully.

- AI aggressiveness is there. I lost one city early but fortunately it was far from my empire at the time and prevented stamroling I was able to take it back after much work. AI declared war on me a few times. I was able to wipe a size 1 border city (twice, they were in the same spot) but invasion seems remote at this time. I just don't have the cash to go to a war readiness and finance the army sizes I need. Nice realism.

- AI is a wonder hog. One city cranked out four wonders. I'm thinking of introducing a city 'WonderCap' flag.

- Trade is definetely critical and the tradeFood and TradeProduction goods are real beneficial. Its also nice to shift happy goods to less happy cities. I also introduced specialty traders (hores wagons and camel caravans) that give different advantages if you have the right good.

i'm looking to get out a new civ3mod soon, but I'll probably wait until I finish this game.

Comment

Ok, I've updated the Civ3 mod now its set up as a scenario for your playtest folder. YOu need te latest build, the latest DiploMod, and the latest tiles (links provided) I uploaded all of them tonight.

Post here for questions about the game.

PLAYTEST 10-23-2005 (or later) http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...ytest.1of3.rar

E's Build Rev 583 (or later) http://apolyton.net/upload/view/2610_ECtp2exe583.rar
                            E's Tiles 5-16-2006 http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...E-tile1.15.zip
                            E's Diplomod http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...d6-02-2006.rar
                            E's Civ3 Mod 04-15-2006 http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...2006-06-02.rar

New SCENARIO INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS!
                            Thanks to BureauBert's testing you can install the Civ3mod in the scenario folder and not over the original (Apolyton Edition) Game.
                            After the latest playtest and build 583 (or higher) are installed. Copy the contents of the rar to the scenario folder under scenarios.
                            Then Copy Diplomod06-02-2006 matching the folders.
                            Then add the latest Tilefile (dated May 16,2006) from the zip by adding the tile folder to the graphics subfolder in the Scenario's default folder
                            Finally, you'll have to re-add civilisation.txt to the scenario's default\gamedata and the civ.str to scenario's english\gamedata

If I missed a step let me know.

FEATURES 5-28-2006
                            - Sleeping a unit that is obsolete in a city can upgrade them if you have enough gold
                            - Galleys and Ironclads can now move into sea, but they sink if they start their turn there
                            - Deserts, jungles, glaciers are hostile terrain and units that start there turn their lose HP
                            - Religious units now build there holy buildings when they convert cities
                            - THe Heroic Epic is OnePerCiv and adds 1 HP to all your existing units

FEATURES 4-15-2006:
                            - Human's can gift units to AI they are not at war by disbanding them in the AI territory
                            - Railroads dont givea move bonus when you are at war with that player
                            - Barbarians now have navies
                            - Elephant and Horse units are now more restrictive only the city collecting them can build the unit, so protect it!

FEATURES 3-26-2006:
                            - Limited Settling - Settlers only can settle on grass, Plains, and Desert (desert is not recommended)
                            - Advanced Farms enable goods - These goods are different per terrain and have a TRADEFOOD value. Tradefood means that if you create a traderoute of that good the city wont get the food bonus but the receiving city will. It works to build cities in your empire or to other players
                            - Buildings add to Radius - Courthouses and Bureaucracies increase your city radius, not population
                            - TradeProduction - Some goods (like Lumber) increase production in the city that has it. If you dont trade you keep it, if not the recipient gets it. Oil gives a huge bonus.
                            - Units costs Gold - The more units you build the more expensive your palace (seat of government) is. This value is based on the number of units, readiness level, wages, and the shield gold factor.
                            - GoldPerCity - Some improvements get more expensive as you add more cities to your empire.
                            - GoldPercitizen - Food and health imps like Granaries, Aqueducts, and hospitals are more expensive as your population grows.
                            - SmallWonders - Some buildings you can only build one of in your empire, they give huge percent increases
                            - Collateral Damage - tiles with a unit and an improvement will have th improvement destroyed when bombed by bombers.
                            - CultureOnly units - Legions and Samurai are available to only specific civilizations
                            - NeedsGood - Some units like Horses and Elepphants require any city to be collecting or buying that good
                            - Buildings enable goods - some buildings give your city a good (not always tradeable); i.e. stables give horses
                            - Barbarians only produce guerrillas and they reproduce each turn so expect "guerrilla wars" in the modern era
                            - Multiple Building PreRequisites - some buildings require multiple buildings throughout the empire to build (like the feat)
                            - CityStyle Bonuses - Some Citystyle cities will have bonuses too, and you keep the bonus if you conquer the city
                            - Tyrranies and Theocracies have high food coefficients, weak in many ways they have huge populations so expect third world like situations

NOTE:
                            - Sadly all my Civ3 units are Multi-Dimensional Single Frame (MDSF) so they aren't animated
                            - I haven't added descriptions. Sorry. If you want to know what units require goods and other stuff you'll have to see the txt files

01-01-2006 version
                            PLAYABLE!
                            TO DO work:
                            Add Civ3 goods in place of Ctp2 ones
                            Update some units with PTW icons
                            Add Strategic Resource dependecies for units (horse, elephant etc)

Comment

UPDATE

21 JUNE 2006

E's Build Rev 597 (or later) http://apolyton.net/upload/view/2610_ECtp2exe597.rar
                              E's Tiles 6-13-2006 http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...E-tile1.15.zip
                              E's Diplomod http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...d6-21-2006.rar
                              E's Civ3 Mod 04-15-2006 http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...2006-06-21.rar

New SCENARIO INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS!
                              Thanks to BureauBert's testing you can install the Civ3mod in the scenario folder and not over the original (Apolyton Edition) Game.
                              After the latest playtest and build 583 (or higher) are installed. Copy the contents of the rar to the scenario folder under scenarios.
                              Then Copy Diplomod06-02-2006 matching the folders.
                              Then add the latest Tilefile (dated May 16,2006) from the zip by adding the tile folder to the graphics subfolder in the Scenario's default folder
                              Finally, you'll have to re-add civilisation.txt to the scenario's default\gamedata and the civ.str to scenario's english\gamedata

If I missed a step let me know.

FEATURES 6-21-2006
                              - Some Wonders exclude others from being built

FEATURES 5-28-2006
                              - Sleeping a unit that is obsolete in a city can upgrade them if you have enough gold
                              - Galleys and Ironclads can now move into sea, but they sink if they start their turn there
                              - Deserts, jungles, glaciers are hostile terrain and units that start there turn their lose HP
                              - Religious units now build there holy buildings when they convert cities
                              - The Heroic Epic is OnePerCiv and adds 1 HP to all your existing units

FEATURES 4-15-2006:
                              - Human's can gift units to AI they are not at war by disbanding them in the AI territory
                              - Railroads dont givea move bonus when you are at war with that player
                              - Barbarians now have navies
                              - Elephant and Horse units are now more restrictive only the city collecting them can build the unit, so protect it!

FEATURES 3-26-2006:
                              - Advanced Farms enable goods - These goods are different per terrain and have a TRADEFOOD value. Tradefood means that if you create a traderoute of that good the city wont get the food bonus but the receiving city will. It works to build cities in your empire or to other players
                              - TradeProduction - Some goods (like Lumber) increase production in the city that has it. If you dont trade you keep it, if not the recipient gets it. Oil gives a huge bonus.
                              - Units costs Gold - The more units you build the more expensive your palace (seat of government) is. This value is based on the number of units, readiness level, wages, and the shield gold factor.

NOTE:

01-01-2006 version
                              PLAYABLE!
                              TO DO work:
                              Add Civ3 goods in place of Ctp2 ones
                              Update some units with PTW icons
                              Add Strategic Resource dependecies for units (horse, elephant etc)

Comment

The diplomod link doesnt exist E, is there anywhere else i can get it?
                                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                                X