Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got to add a *bump* to this because I've seen some people asking about Civ3 stuff.

I still need to finish the new units for the mods. Ithink I'm going to focus on finishing the AOM stuff before CTC or Cradle.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

I got to add a *bump* to this because I've seen some people asking about Civ3 stuff.

I still need to finish the new units for the mods. Ithink I'm going to focus on finishing the AOM stuff before CTC or Cradle.

Comment

Okay I've updated my Civ3 cities

Civ3 Cities for Ctp2 28 Aug 2005 [/

For stuff beyond modern (computer, genetic, diamond) I have reduced them to one sprite to make room for more city styles as it stands these are the city style I have now:

MesoAmerican
        Roman
        Arabian
        Spanish
        European
        U.S. (and Canadian)
        Native American
        African
        South East Asian (polynesian etc)
        Indian (as in India)

Somehow I put Indian in twice but I'll add Egyptian back in later. Also for African and European there are unique graphics for the Rennaissance and Classical age.

Included is the a new agecitystyle, citystyle, and civilisation txt files for the playtest versions

Also I have the small tga in the zip so you can see them in the editor (although they are small)
        Last edited by Ekmek; August 31, 2005, 01:48.

Comment

Originally posted by E
          Included is the a new agecitystyle, citystyle, and civilisation txt files for the playtest versions
          I dont see those E.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I put them in the zip. Atleast I thought I did. When I get home I'll see what the problem is. sorry.

Comment

Ok it should be good to go

Civ3 Cities for Ctp2 28 Aug 2005

Comment

anyone try it?

Comment

Yep, i only tried them on the original CtP2 tiles so far so they dont fit as well as some of the screenshots show above on the civ3 terrain. The orientation on the tiles looks pretty good on most, without getting some kind of "jumping" effect when the sprite changes anyway.

I started making a big screenshot with all styles, sizes and ages but i did it on the original terrain which isnt as good, may try to put them on the civ3 terrains tomorrow, will be good to promote them though, they definitely deserve it.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

with a lot of my coding goals almost dne I've also worked on doing a mod CIV3 The Way It Should Have Been

I'm taking the units, buildings, and advances from civ3 so it h as that flow plus the graphics I've done. I'll add in the strategic resources and the hidden nationality stuff once I'm done. I'm also looking to redo the diplomacy interface. but so far advances, units, and building txt files are almost done.
                    Last edited by Ekmek; December 3, 2005, 11:38.

Comment

Originally posted by E
                      with a lot of my coding goals almost dne I've also worked on doing a mod CIV3 The Way It Should of Been
                      I resist the temptation to correct people's English most of the time (If nothing else, it's hypocritical ), but since this is a title, I would advise you to change it to "CIV3 The Way It Should have Been".

Anyway, it sounds intriguing. I hope you get some interest.

Comment

The code work your doing will break new ground for CtP2 E . A diplomacy screen update that gives a sense that the AI is not just a computor program is hard to do.
                        SMAC comes to mind as I havnt seen anything better.
                        Adding or combing the intel screen with more screens that give information on how the AI relates to us might improve things.

Comment

The civ3 mod is playable!

Its in a rough form but most of the graphics are there. Here's the readme (also attached). Report any probs here. I really did this mod or me because I always wanted to see a Civ3/Ctp2 mix and I think I'm close. I still have some work to do and I havent made this with modmanager so you'l have to back up files.

README:
                          Firaxis Civilization III Mod for CTPII by E

Requires:
                          Ctp2 and patch (of course)
                          PLAYTEST 10-23-2005 (or later)
                          E's Build Rev 505 (or later)
                          E's Tiles 12-27-2005 http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=96137
                          E's Civ3 Mod 01-01-2006 http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...laytestMOD.zip

01-01-2006 version
                          PLAYABLE!
                          TO DO work:
                          Add Samurai Civ3 sprite
                          Update strings to avoid stuff like UNIT_ and ADVANCE_ in windows
                          Updated CTP2 sprites Infector and Ecoterrorist sprites to Civ3 size
                          Add Civ3 goods in place of Ctp2 ones
                          Update some units with PTW icons
                          Add Strategic Resource dependecies for units (horse, elephant etc)

Here is the link (I had to re-upload it twice):

Attached Files
                          Last edited by Ekmek; January 1, 2006, 19:31.

Comment

WAAAH. I'm trying to install this dealie, but it gives me errors concerning the units.txt file (seems like every line has an error)
                            ---

Comment

sorry, my civ3mod is going through a lot of updates at the moment.

Comment

Depending on how Fugi does with my Rev buids I may have a new BETA of m civ3mod out soon here's a sample of the features:

FEATURES:
                                - Limited Settling: Settlers only can settle on grass, Plasins, and Desert (desert is not recommended)
                                - Rivers are VERY valuable more food and gold
                                - Advanced Farms enable goods: These goods are differnt per terrain and have a TRADEFOOD value. Tradefood means that if you create a traderoute of that good the city wont get the food bonus but the receiving city will. It works to build cities in your empire or to other players
                                - Plantations: special improvements that give high value gold goods
                                - Buildings add to Radius: Courthouses and Bureaucracies increase your city radius, not population
                                - TradeProd: Some goods (like Lumber) increase production in the city that has it. If you dont trade you keep it, if not the recipient gets it.
                                - Units costs Gold:
                                - GoldPerCity
                                - SmallWonders
                                - Slavers can be killed without starting a war although it affects regard
                                - Privateers have sneakattack and sneakbombard capabilities
                                - NonlethalBombardment - most artillery and bombers dont kill improvements
                                - TileBombardment - some unitscan destroy tile improvements
                                - CultureOnly units Legions and Samurai are available to only specific civilizations
                                - NeedsGood: Some units like Horses and Elepphants require any city to be colecting or buying that good
                                - Buildings with goods: some buildings give your city a good but is not tradeable (stables give horses)
                                - IncreaseBombard range: most artillery have different bombard ranges
                                - Oil wells and drilling platforms are restricted to the oil good
                                - Barbarians only produce guerrillas and the reproduce each turn so expect "guerrilla wars" in the modern era
                                - Tyrranies and Theocracies have high food coefficients, weak in many ways they have huge populations so expect third world like situations
                                - Barracks make Veteran units
                                - some buildings require multiple buildings throughout the empire to build (like the feat)
                                - Only religious units can perform the "reform order"
                                I have more to add but this shows a good sample of how much has been added to ctp2

Comment

Working...
                                X