Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a new mod coming soon called Ages of Man at the end of April that has these options and more

Comment

AoM doesnt have culture but (from what ive read) does make trade goods more strategic (not that they were any strategical concern before), for extra gold (unit upgrades etc) and happiness.

As for E's mod or civ3 concepts in general for CtP2, I personally hate culture, most of all conquering cities through cultural conversion.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

That looks really good E :b;

I'm downloading the tiles and cities right now, and will tell you how it goes.
        I just started a CTC game, so i'll have to wait on using the units.
        "

Comment

The tiles are perfect now . I dont think you can improve it more . Landscape has richer deeper colers .
          The units worked but I found it was best to use 800x600 reslution . The sea units are great.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back guys. I'm working on CTC units now, and since I have more civ3 graphics I think I can diversify the leader units better so I might include a CTC extenion that just changes unit sprite # to use different leader graphics then re-using graphics.

bytheway, I we still only allowed 255 sprites I know Martin increased t but thought it slowed the game so moved it back down to 255. But isnt the Ai the reason for the slow?
            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by E
              bytheway, I we still only allowed 255 sprites I know Martin increased t but thought it slowed the game so moved it back down to 255. But isnt the Ai the reason for the slow?
              I don't know the details, but I suspect that it was a quite independant cause of slowness.

Comment

Originally posted by E
                No that has nothing to do with slow down anything at least nothing significant. It was a save game compatibilty issure, that made Fromafar to reduce the number of possible sprites. Or why he used the number 255.

The AI is another issure, and Calvitix is responsible for the AI.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I really like the cities and tiles E.

I espacially like the rivers, they blend in perfectly with the terrain but alsohave more prominent presence compared to the original tile set.

I have one minor criticism, there is a sharp contrast between the fog and visible area. It makes things look a little boxy, but its not a big deal.
                  Attached Files
                  "

Comment

The borders look just as flat as the original tiles - curving fog of war over mountains and hills, on forest too and the rest are flat as the terrain is, gives a sense of 3D if you see the FoW distorting its shape over a mountain or forests not letting the FoW past then rolling down on to plains completely flat. You can see it slightly with the hills on that screenshot, bottom and to the left, the FoW slightly bends over the hills. I prefer this look than the one he had before with the heavy border overlaps.
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Excellent job on the units - I've already replaced some of the ones I have on my personal setup with some of your civ3 units.

Any chance to get the Medieval Infantry and the Crusader soon???
                      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Glad you guys like it

EPW/Maq - I havent found a way to change FoW. I did like how Civ3 made it more round and fog-like.

EPW - Soon I should finish CTC units so you can add them to your game (my sprites copy over the original so you should back them up)

Hex - I'm converting Cradle/CTC stuff now. And wil do Med INf and Crusader. Since there are a lot of units out there I maybe making a "patch" file to diversify some of the graphics you re-use, especially for leaders, to make new graphics for them.

Once I finish CTC and Cradle units, I'm willing to take requests

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                          The borders look just as flat as the original tiles - curving fog of war over mountains and hills, on forest too and the rest are flat as the terrain is, gives a sense of 3D if you see the FoW distorting its shape over a mountain or forests not letting the FoW past then rolling down on to plains completely flat. You can see it slightly with the hills on that screenshot, bottom and to the left, the FoW slightly bends over the hills. I prefer this look than the one he had before with the heavy border overlaps.
                          It just seems to be more noticable than with the original tile set. After playing a bit more I do agree with your arguement.

EPW - Soon I should finish CTC units so you can add them to your game (my sprites copy over the original so you should back them up)
                          Thanks
                          "

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian
                            Any chance to get the Medieval Infantry and the Crusader soon???
                            I'm still working but since I finished the Medieval Infantry and the Crusader I'll post them now...

PS you'll ahve to change the numbers
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Ekmek; April 25, 2005, 12:20.

Comment

got them...

Thanks, E!
                              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                              ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

most are doen, but I gota little sidetracked by doing some additional units. but since I have more graphics to choose from I think I can diverse if some of the sprites that are re-used, especially the leaders units.

And I'm willing to take requests now (1 or 2 at a time though please)

Comment

Working...
                                X