LA: We are bad voters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA: We are bad voters

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

"The public showed scant interest in the contest, which fell outside the conventional election calendar. Turnout was projected to be light — perhaps around 30 percent. What was unclear was how a flood of negative advertising would sway voters."

I did vote though.. for Walter Moore...

I can see why the public didn't take much interest.... Moore is a good candidate because he isn't a mainstream politican.. however, most people heard of the big corrupt three: Hahn of course, Villaraigosa and Hertzberg.

This sucks. We either are going to end up with one of the big corrupt three as i call them. Those guys have their heads up the asses of union and special interest groups...
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

It's a freaking mayoral election, who the freak cares?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

"LA: We are bad people" is more apt.

What a crazy-ass city. Would never want to live anywhere near it.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        "LA: We are bad people" is more apt.

What a crazy-ass city. Would never want to live anywhere near it.
        Yep. That is also true. It is one crazy ass city... very indeed. I have never agreed with you more. Even more then I do with you talking Apple..

Imran, this city is bleeding.. we need someone new.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

LA

Chicago > LA
          New York > LA
          Atlanta > LA
          B♭3

Comment

Chicago is a stretch.. so is Atlanta.. Atlanta is full of overweight people.. how do I know? My uncle lives there... he tells me about all the fat people in the malls...

New York is way better then L.A.. so yeah that is something I agree with you on.

Comment

Atlanta does have a lot of fat people but Chicago is a nice place if you can put up with the cold weather. LA's problem is it was designed by a blind, one armed, retarded chimp using a crayon plus it is way to big to be managable as one city. It needs to be broken up into three or four pieces so that each area can get what they're looking for in their local government.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

What wrong with having fat people in your city?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Nothing except I like skinny ladies not fat ladies.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

A fat city is an unhealthy city.

Unhealthy cities are expensive medically and ugly physically.

Y'all need to work out, eat healthy, and be less hickish.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                      Nothing except I like skinny ladies not fat ladies.
                      So just avoid the fat ladies .

A fat city is an unhealthy city.

It's also a city that has some mighty fine eatin'.

Comment

All it says is you guys don't get enough exercise (sex) to burn it off.

Comment

LA is the ******* of California, just slightly better than the dingleberry that is Hollywood (Yes, I know Hollywood is technically in LA, but...)
                          B♭3

Comment

q, what does that make bakersfield and fresno?
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

dingleberries, I'm sure. or, excreta.

(I honestly don't really care about California, I'm just having fun.)
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X