The Apolyton ???? Discussion Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Apolyton ???? Discussion Group

I'm thinking of re-starting the discussion group idea again. However, I'm thinking of doing a different group, but wanted to give y'all a chance to have some say-so.

Here are the options:

Movies
    Science Fiction Novels

Take your pick!
    Movies
    35.29%
    SF Novels
    29.41%
    Bunch of boring political ****. Oh, wait - we already do that on a daily basis. ;)
    5.88%
    Bananas
    29.41%

Bananas of course!!!!
    "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
    "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

No!

Wait, is that merely a contradiction?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Whatever happened to the Apolyton Sci-fi book club?
        Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Why stick with sci-fi? The sad fact is that most sci-fi is remarkably badly written (except, i.e. LeGuin). We could branch out...
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

Erotica!
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Serial killers......
              If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

All my victims are still alive.
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

The Superiority of Appl Linu Windo BANANAS!
                  B♭3

Comment

We should discuss plans to send cats to the moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                      Whatever happened to the Apolyton Sci-fi book club?
                      Died due to lack of interest/participation by Apolytoners, and overwork on the part of the moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
                        Why stick with sci-fi? The sad fact is that most sci-fi is remarkably badly written (except, i.e. LeGuin). We could branch out...
                        Because that's what I read and what I care to read. If you want to moderate, say, a Harlequin Romance discussion group then, by all means, go ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                          Erotica!
                          with bananas
                          "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                          "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

What about a discussion group discussing what to discuss?
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                              What about a discussion group discussing what to discuss?
                              And what would the merits of that be?
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                              X