The Navy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Navy

What do they have you do for basic training?

What is enlisted life like?

I would ask a recruiter if I thought for a minute he might tell me the truth.

Rum, sodomy and the lash, I hear.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Keelhaulings every day.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

If it's anything like in here, which I think it MIGHT be, it's just the same as with everyone else. At least in here, no matter where you go, who you are, how sexy your sister is, you go to the same basic training and boot camp. If you're dyslexic, homophobic or have an extra nipple, you still go to the same procedure which is very similar to the basic training to the regiment next to you, meaning it's the same.

AFTER the basic training, then it gets different. Well this is what I assume, I don't know.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
          Rum, sodomy and the lash, I hear.
          I never new the navy could be so fun
          eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Don't believe him, he'd enlist years ago if this was the case.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

oh, its a bit late now, i already sent of my membership form
              eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

It will be simple really... you will learn how to speak, walk, run, crawl, shoot, make your bed and whole bunch of scientifically proved 'best' methods. You will learn all kinds of signs and ranks, how to salute, how to this and that. How to dress yourself, and you will definitely learn to WAKE up. Then after a while, you might even learn how to dig a foxhole or just how to dig. How to take care of your equipment, how to take care of your equipment and how to take care of your.. did I say it already? well you learn that.

You learn you are nothing special, that you're a punk that you are, and no one gives a **** and if you want to call your mommy and cry, well you have to ask permission first, and most likely you won't get it unless it's on your spare time. And another thing, you will not have any spare time.

Most likely you will be accomodated comfortably with other young lads, who are into designer clothes and fashion, ancient philosophies and cultures. Or not. Maybe what they really are into is farting, making it flash with fire at least once in their lives, and also learning how to masturbate without making any noise or moving the blanket while in bed.

You will learn that the 3 bucks is not a lot of compensation for your 24/7 job per day, and that the coffee you just bought wasn't a wise move if you are into saving money. Oh that's right, it was ME who didn't get paid, damn, ****!

Anyway, people who go for the biggest signing bonuses (I heard there are countries who have those) are most likely people who are thinking of making career moves, people who calculate what they can get and people who like the best trade off with salary and how dirty your hands will get. In other words, pussies who claim to be patriotic, but aren't there to fight and kill, which is the main and only function of the army. Which is why you will go to where the action is and where YOU are needed the most, not where you think you will have a jolly good time with your friend Michael, where you can shoot some hoops and dance to some goddamn 90s hits at the local bar and never get laid. NO. If you go to the army, you go there with right reasons or you're an ******* who takes credit from people who really put out. Yeah everyone is needed and even the gas pumper in there is doing an important task, true, but you are needed the most where... in the fighting units, in infantry, and where the battle is happening. That's the truth, and if you don't think so, then step into the army with disgrace as your aura or forget about it.

And no, it won't be fun. You say it was fun after it's all over and you THINK it was fun. You will hate the crap. You will most likely feel many times, that you could actually kill someone, like yourself. You think your head will explode, and that if someone as much as flips you as a joke, you will eye gouge them to death. You will most likely puke at some point, and be wet, hungry and TIRED all the time, and that's just to begin with. But you do it because it's your duty as a citizen. You don't do ti because you wants to get paid. There are other jobs for that.

The real tester is, if you had to do it for free, would you? If yes, then you go. If not, forget it. Not for you my son.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I think he doesn't care about being patriotic, he just wants to get away from home.

Comment

I think he doesn't care about being patriotic, he just wants to get away from home

Patriotic is cool, but Im nowhere near home. Im in hell right now as most of already know.

Pekka is the basic training over there for the army the same as the navy?

Originally I was going to join the Army or the Marines so I could call myself a badass, but I started having trouble. Im about 99.99% sure Im epileptic, havent gone to a doc about it yet, and my seizures consist of just about every muscle in my body going into spasms when I stand up (30% of the time). However Ive been going to bed every night for the past month at 10pm and waking at 6am and havent had a seizure in that period of time, so Im pretty sure it all under control as long as I get my beauty sleep.

Which is why I cant join the army or marines, in combat situations I wouldnt be able to trust my body to function properly. However its my understanding that the navy is a bit more relaxed, and I would be able to sleep enough. If thats so then I can join the navy and finally get out of Barrow.

Comment

If it's recommended by the Village People, who can disagree with it?
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                        I think he doesn't care about being patriotic, he just wants to get away from home.
                        yeah, I was never overly patriotic and I joined the navy. My home life sucked, I couldn't stand living with my mother.

Comment

You should become a pirate, they get the best girls.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Re: The Navy

Originally posted by Space05us
                            What do they have you do for basic training?

What is enlisted life like?

I would ask a recruiter if I thought for a minute he might tell me the truth.
                            It's tough to describe basic training.

but you get up around 5:00 AM and go to bed around 11:00 PM. Those aren't bad hours, but remember, you aren't sitting around all day.

We did morning PT (physical training like running, pushups etc), and then went to the mess hall for breakfast. We'd usually have to wait in line 1/2 hour or so. Then you get 15 minutes to eat. Which seems like a lot of time, but by the time you sit down and put jelly on your toast, you need to get your ass moving.

Then we'd form up. You hardly ever walk anywhere by yourself (only if you go to medical for some reason). You are always in formation, and always walk in formation.

The morning routine could vary. Along with phsyical excersize, we also had classes. The classes are very easy for most. The hard part is staying awake. 5 to 6 hours of sleep wasn't enough for me, especially doing all that excersize.

then lunch.

boot camp can seem silly. But basically because everyone has different jobs in the navy, they have to start you off on something simple. The idea is to teach attention to detail, how to follow procedure and orders. So yes we had to fold our clothes a certain way, make our beds a certain way, and of coures dress a certain way. So we had inpections on our lockers, our beds, and of ourselves. And we practiced these things to (we had time limits for all these things).

We also had basic firefighting training, and some basic training on shipboard systems (mostly damage control in nature). And of course you learn how to read compartment numbers on ships. That's real easy, you'd have to be ****** not to figure that out

Another thing we practiced was marching. This was the one we practiced the most. You have to learn about face, and making turns and all that stupid ****. This is all important because of the ceremony at the end. It has to look good. People have to step in unison. We used to carry rifles (they were for show only). But in the middle of my boot camp (in 1991) they discontinued carrying rifles. But we still had to march. If you were particularly good, you'd be in the honor guard. Look how some high school marching bands march for an example.

so in summary it's: marching, personnel inspections, locker/bed inspections, basic classes to learn about ships and firefighting, and getting yelled at by CC's (company commanders)

I didn't go into detail on what CC's do if you or your company screws up. If they screw up on marching or something, they often punish the entire company, and make them run laps. A real pain when you are wearing steel toed boots. If we screwed up on inspections (which took place inside the barracks), they'd have us do pushups, 8 count bodybuilders, jumping jacks, crunches, etc.

And I went in Florida. If it was too hot out, we'd have black or red flag days. Which meant we were drilled inside. It was airconidtioning. But you'd still find yourselves slipping on the tile because of all your sweat.

Comment

You should become a pirate, they get the best girls.

they also end up dead or in jail in some third world country.

Comment

Working...
                              X