Paradox 6-pack (paging LoTM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradox 6-pack (paging LoTM)

I was just browsing EBgames.com looking at the new releases when i stumbled apon this. a "strategy 6 pack" that includes Hearts of Iron, Victoria, Europa Universalis 2, Two Thrones, Crown of the North, and the asian edition of Europa Universalis 2 that hasn't been released in the west.

All for $20

This sure came out of nowhere - talk about a bargain.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Nowhere? You don't visit PIF often do you? It's a good buy for anyone not owning those games already.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

General Ludd

I think I'll go for it even if I dont have the new PC for another month or so - I will certainly go for this as soon as I do. Even just the first 3 would be a chore to find at that price - the other 3 are a bonus.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

hell, i'll give up meat at lunch for a week in gratitude. You just saved a chicken or two.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Should keep him occupied for a while.

Comment

Yeah, considering I've played mostly Paradox games since 2001(that's not far from the truth, while I have played other games, I always come back! ), and those games mostly sums up the ones I've played, it should be enough for some time...! I played EU1 from 2001 to EU2 came late 2001, EU2 until early 2004, alternating with Victoria and HoI1 when they came, CK mostly 2004, together with EU2, and alternating CK, HoI2, a little bit Victoria and some EU2 from then on until now. Pretty much sums up some great years.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
              Yeah, considering I've played mostly Paradox games since 2001(that's not far from the truth, while I have played other games, I always come back! ), and those games mostly sums up the ones I've played, it should be enough for some time...! I played EU1 from 2001 to EU2 came late 2001, EU2 until early 2004, alternating with Victoria and HoI1 when they came, CK mostly 2004, together with EU2, and alternating CK, HoI2, a little bit Victoria and some EU2 from then on until now. Pretty much sums up some great years.
              Is that you Johan?

It's an excellent buy bar none. I already have everything except for the Asian Edition and the newer SR3. Thanks to this pack I'll soon have those too.

Comment

I was going to suggest buying direct, but for that price you can't do better than EBGames, even if it means Paradox only get about 10 cents out of it. The MegaPack on the Paradox shop is less games for more cash. Of course it does not include the new HoI2 unlike the megapack, but it looks like that will need months to be patched and modded into a decent challenge anyway.

Two Thrones is useless without a patch and it looks like it will get one just this side of never, but the pack is a bargain for the main games alone.
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon

Is that you Johan?
                  I have aboslutely no idea what you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                    I was going to suggest buying direct, but for that price you can't do better than EBGames, even if it means Paradox only get about 10 cents out of it. The MegaPack on the Paradox shop is less games for more cash. Of course it does not include the new HoI2 unlike the megapack, but it looks like that will need months to be patched and modded into a decent challenge anyway.

Two Thrones is useless without a patch and it looks like it will get one just this side of never, but the pack is a bargain for the main games alone.
                    apparently the 6 pack is a paradox release, they announced it on their website, and it should be available from different sources. I assume theyll get something out of it - though i really dont know the economics on old games rereleased (shovelware, though there are other uses for that word). - how much goes to the distribution chain

yeah, i was prepared to pay $10 for EU2 alone, and was expected to pay about that much within the year for Vickie and one other Paradox game (though I might have skipped HOI, given that i hear good things about CK, and HOI2 is out) so lets say $10 for EU2, at least 10 for vic, and at least $5 for HOI. A 30 value right there.

Comment

Man that's a good bargain.

*Asmodean runs to ebgams.com*

Asmodean
                      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Looks good! Ive got EU2 already, I didnt really stick with it but it showed enough potential that I still want to play the others.

Can you play HoI et al multiplayer, and is there much of a community? I didnt get confident enough with EU2 to ever play it multipayer, but it was always nice to now there were people theres whose games I could jump into if I wanted.
                        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Snotty: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?

It's a living community on most of their games.. But HoI2 just came out, remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

It's a living community on most of their games.. But HoI2 just came out, remember.
                            As opposed to the hordes of undead that play HoI?

Comment

Pardon? I just implied that since the successor has come out, it might be less who play the first one right now...

Comment

Working...
                              X