Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIV2 Strategy-Guide Example

Dear Apolytoners,

I'm just writing a CIV2 Strategy Guide - that means, I search and collect threadsfrom all Forums I know.

The Guide will be in 2 languages - English and German
    (for I'm German).

It's hard work - maybe someone wil help me?

It's written in HTML, CSS and Javascript. I didn't use PHP and a MYSQL Database, for it should be usable for a common user.

To give you an impression, I upload the Guide and post it here.

It's still incomplete some pages are under construction,
    some are missing, but as I said, it's only to give you an impression (note: to keep it small, I've omitted most of the pictures).

I've already integrated some top threads,
    eg. Solos ELG, Peasters ECG, DaveV's ICS, Pauls OCC and some others.

Other threads (e.g. La Fayettes 3 Arrows) will follow

Help and suggestions are welcome.

Upload-Part1:
    Attached Files
    There are no silly questions - only silly answers
    <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

Upload Part II

Upload Part II

unzip the the file und move the folder called "Grafik" into the CIVBOOKS-folder.
    Attached Files

Comment

Elephant's "Tips and Tricks for New Players" from CFC would be a good addition. Or maybe you have it already... I didn't check the whole guide yet.

Is this going to be mainly a collection of links, like the Great Library ? Or, are you planning to write some advice yourself ? I think some of the longer threads could be summarized, if you don't mind some work.

Requests (to anyone) for new topics -

* A guide to multi-player strategy
      * A guide to playing for high score
      * A note on the different versions of civ2 - differences, compatibility...
      * A short practical guide to choosing/playing governments (there is an active thread at CFC)

If I can help, with English or whatever, just let me know.

Comment

@Peaster
        Thx for your hints. Every help is welcome.
        I've nearly no experience with Multiplayer.
        At the moment I'm still collecting threads an d reformatting hem. There's no time left for writing by myself (why shoukd I? There are a lot of excellent threads written by players who understand much more of the game than me).
        It's easy to add more books and chapters. Maybe I'v forgotten one or more "books".

BTW, the book of Fantasy is reserved for scenarios and modpacks
        I've begun the government section. Some times ago, I had contact with starlifter at CFC (-> "power democracy")

My nick at CFC is sethos (I love Egyptian pharaoh names). I've posted the Guide there, too.

My primary forum is the German Civilization Webriing Forum. Members from other countries are welcome (you may post your threads in English, if you want).
        It has a good MP section.

If anybody has interest in helping with the Guide, please let me know. My graphic skills are very poor,
        for example.
        Last edited by Martin Gühmann; September 7, 2012, 11:42.

Comment

An MP section might generate some more interest. There hasn't been much done in that arena. Different settings would impact it greatly but there are many general things.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

ramses, perceive there are two main views:
            How it works = game mechanics
            How to play = how to exploit game mechanics.

There may be different opinions 'how to play Civ2', but game mechanics are stable. Therefore I think it would be good to differentiate these 2 scopes and maybe keep them separated.
            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

@SlowThinker
              If you explain it more detailed, I'll put it in the Strategy Guide, too.

Comment

Working...
              X