No announcement yet.

FG: Galactic Overlord 8, Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth is self evident, and so is the commands for my next turn.

The name for the newly build base in the prebuild round is: Axis, if anyone is interested.

P.S. Can I build a temple to tentacle demons for one bp or something?

Comment

• Here is something to think about
      THE MOON.--Hidden enemies, danger, calumny, darkness, terror, deception, occult forces, error

Chapter 1.1
      The Temple of Axis
      "That's not a moon... that's a temple of tentacle demons!" Such were the last words of many a reckless explorer wandering into the Agath Sector. Indeed, rumors had spread that many of the new creations being commissioned by galactic warlords were far from benevolent.

- - - - -

In a small coffeeshop, two merchants pondered the future. The first, hailing from the mysterious planet Moolah, slowly sipped on his drink.
      "This whole peace and prosperity thing is a sham. Lasers like that," he said with a broad sweep of his arm, "are not used for slide shows."
      "Why the pessimism?" asked the Danzian manager. "The economy is growing at over 25%."
      "You new money people are so shortsighted. Do you not remember the tales of the last Galactic War?"

- - - - -

For the time though, shiploads of tourists would flock to the dark temple on Axis and boast of the sights to their acquaintances back in the Core. The columns and statues looked grand but harmless... who would think that they might be in fact missiles and robots?
      Attached Files
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• The only path to truth lies in the comprehension of the fundamental nature of life that with hidden within us all. There is no better means to understanding than facing the darkness within ourselves directly, though both action and thought.

Imaginations are merely reflections of the self.

Comment

• @Smiley:

I see you haven't received my orders yet, despite them waiting for you in your PM inbox...
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• edit: Orders are being reconsidered.
            Last edited by snoopy369; February 26, 2005, 13:32.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Just got around to wading through the inbox.

11/20.

Exodus Phoeni has until the 20th person sends to send orders, or he will be dropped. Likewise, anyone wishing to join in the two remaining slots may up to that point as well.
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Personel assignments are in, due to overwhelming requests for personal leave, all leaves are denied.

Comment

• Double post... whoops.

Comment

• We have completed our entirely peaceful preparations for peace and friendship.
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Update on the spreadsheet:

We are 99% done with it. I am run-time testing it now (when another game discussion is done with, civ-related).

Comment

• Update #2 on the spreadsheet:

The combat calculations are perfected!!! The spreadsheet properly calculates combat. Now we must only transfer the formats and pictures from Smiley 's spreadsheet (easier to do that, and thus reset the weird picture problems) ... and the world will be SAVED once more! (or at least the spreadsheet will work ... )

Comment

• Great job!

Meanwhile, orders status is 14/20

Waiting for:
                          Snoopy
                          Hercules
                          Jonny
                          Paddy the Scot
                          Lord Nuclear
                          Ljube

Do I smell Alliance? Hmmmm....

Comment

• Here, you mostly smell Spreadsheet Programming.

Good news though - it's totally done Combat works to a T, graphics work (as long as you are ... careful ... to do things in the right order), and the colors and icons are right

I'll follow this up with a longer post on the way the spreadsheet interprets Smiley's combat rules. They follow them directly, but some things weren't spelled out and so are ... assumed.

Comment

• Spreadsheet Combat Interpretation

The spreadsheet calculates losses in the following manner:
                              For the first damage taken:
                              0. Figure the OOBs to deal damage to; OOB1=the first OOB weapon non-maneuver starting with the OOB element targetted; OOB2=next OOB weapon not OOB1 or maneuver; OOB3=the remaining oob weapon.
                              1. OOB 1, Shiptype Frigate.
                              * randomly order the fleets
                              * deduct one ship from each fleet (until damage < one ship's hitpoints)
                              * assign remaining damage, if less than one ship's hp, to the next fleet
                              * if more damage left AND more ships left, repeat (start by rerandomizing fleets)
                              * if more damage left but no more Frigates of OOB 1, go to next bigger ship, repeat until get to titans and finish them off
                              2. OOB 2, shiptype frigate
                              * same as OOB1 ...
                              3. OOB 3, shiptype frigate
                              * same as OOB1 ...

And then we cycle to the next damage taken.

A few points:
                              * Half points of damage are rounded down. Sorry. Don't have odd numbers that might be divided by two if you're concerned.

* Ships fire at full strength until destroyed completely. This seems to be consistent with the rules as I read them.

* It does allow for partially damaged ships of multiple shiptypes in one weapon; ie if you take damage to your Dreadnought, and later on your fleet (through alliance maybe or something) adds some Battleships, the damage sticks with the dreadnought as well as any taken by the battleships.

That's it! Here's a screenshot of the GUI for the current round ...

Last edited by snoopy369; February 27, 2005, 08:02.

Comment

• And since IMG code doesn't seem to work there, here is a smaller screeshot of it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X