No announcement yet.

FG: Galactic Overlord 8, Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't remember why we agreed that spies couldn't shut down people's shields. Hmm...

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Because then they would be uberpowerful. It would basically be a choice between using a spy or losing.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Spies can only stop an attack or the building of a spy or shield.

Spies do not stop enemy spy usage.

The only way to lose stockpiled spies and shields is if you lose all your bases after losing a battle or encountering a shield.

Anti-spy devices are immune to the above.

Still at 20/22. Update when Snoopy sends me the new spreadsheet, or 16 hours from now at the latest. The default build will be no BPs spent and a shield generator built.
        Visit First Cultural Industries
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

The link in your sig "contains no data"

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

So it goes to one of Spike's posts then?

Comment

Due to time constraints I am stepping out of this GO game.

Comment

That was a quick Murray...
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                  Due to time constraints I am stepping out of this GO game.

I'm very sorry to hear this.
                  This will be the first GO without you.

Smiley, get Theben in as Pilkka instead of Doc.

Comment

I thought Theben was having computer problems or something?
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• He hasn't been around lately. He's not a good bet to participate.
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Well there's still the question of Exodus Phoeni. Has anyone seen him?

Update in 8 or 9 hours.

Comment

• Um, the current version you have of the spreadsheet should be adequate for this version. All the changes i'm doing are behind-the-scenes and you could copy+paste into the new one from the old one and it wouldn't notice.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Right now there are more players than rows of display in the GUI output spreadsheet, when I copy and paste in new rows, the sheet references don't line up. Is there an easy way to do it?

Comment

• Um, I didn't plan on 22 players. I will fix this tonight, in a few minutes.

Comment

• Okay, fixed, emailed to you.

Also got through my stupidity with Excel OOP stuff. My fault for using shortcuts that excel uses but doesn't properly work out. (For programmers that are familiar, I was using "Property Let" and "Property Get", Excel VBA's way of letting you sort of overload the "=" sign, but it causes problems when you have a situation where it is unclear which side of the equal sign something is on; it was using Get instead of Let in a critical spot. Duh.)

Anyway, for the rest of you what that means is I now have a function that copies verbatim the ships and the damage from wave 1 to wave 2. Now I just have to calculate the damage caused and the ships killed.

*sob* (It's not that bad, but a bit more work. )

Comment

Working...
                                X