He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

[begin robot voice]

We are teh colony.
      We are not teh Event.
      We wish to colonize and make teh friend.
      No Kill I

[/end]
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Smiley, before I can send my orders, could you please correct/clarify the issue regarding the number of anti-spy orders available? (1 or 2) Thanks.

And by the way I think your graphics, story and characters are fantastic.

Comment

Each person starts with 2 anti-spy orders.
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Sent a bit ago (hour or three) btw, forgot to post.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Thanks for that bit of info Smiley.

Also, could you please correct/clarify your algorithm for removing casualties? Thanks again. This is not something that would block my orders though.

Comment

Casualty removal method
                1. Remove ships of weapon type that was involved in the round of battle, smallest first.
                2. Remove ships of the next weapon type in the OoB after this round. If it's the same, go to the next one.
                3. Remove ships of the third remaining type.

Allied casualties
                1. Small ships die first.
                2. When more than one person has the same type of ship, they each lose the same number of that type of ship. For example, if 6 LB's need to be taken as casualties, and Tass has 3 LB's and Snowflake has 50 LB's, both lose three. War is hell.

18/22

Waiting for:

Atragon
                Exodus Phoeni
                Lord Nuclear
                DrSpike
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley

Allied casualties
                  2. When more than one person has the same type of ship, they each lose the same number of that type of ship. For example, if 6 LB's need to be taken as casualties, and Tass has 3 LB's and Snowflake has 50 LB's, both lose three. War is hell.
                  Woah ... not what I had understood from your previous posts ... I can change the spreadsheet to do this (pretty easily actually, this is a simpler algorithm) but it's definitely different from what I had understood before ...
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

War is hell.

Comment

The die is cast, the pieces will fall where I direct them to.

Comment

Snoopy: do it.

20/22.

Waiting for Exodus Phoeni and Dr Spike, as well as a clarification from Lord Nuclear.

Don't forget your special orders, everyone!

Comment

Btw, can a spy destroy stockpiled spies or shields, or only if one is used?
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Re: FG: Galactic Overlord 8, Part 1

Originally posted by Smiley

Galactic Overlord
                            A New Forum Game from
                            Jamski Productions

Normal Orders (you may make all three of these orders in conjunction with the orders in the next section)
                            • Use Spies : If you have a Spy you may stop one of your opponents orders that turn being executed. The Spy is lost. Spy affects Attack!, Rebuild Generator and Train Spy. You cannot build a spy and use a spy in the same turn.

Comment

It says nothing of stockpiled stuff, that I have seen already. Just wanted to know for sure if ones stockpile was save.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Use spy only affects certain special orders. Hence your stockpiles are safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X