No announcement yet.

FG: Galactic Overlord 8, Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoopy, posting this pic makes round 1 invalid. The players who haven't posted their orders yet can obtain info from it regarding others' building orders.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Huh? The only thing I can glean from it is the number of bases and the types of ship everyone built in the prebuild, and that's public knowledge. How would Snoopy have private info from the GM, considering he himself is a player too? Why on earth would Smiley give it to him?
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Darn, you're right. Guess I still thought we were on orders for round 1.
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Prebuild is Round 0, technically, the Round 1 is there because after the results of Round 0 are done, the game shifts to the orders phase of Round 1, or something.

And I wouldn't say "darn", not rendering the entire current round invalid saves everyone a lot of time.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Looks fabulous. But please add the players' names as well as the characters' names

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Uh, is there some way I can get a copy of that spreadsheet. I always wonder what excel can really do without trying out all the features myself.

P.S. Just how many post is king anyway....even people that joined at 04 have emperor *grumbles at the lurking habit*

+1

Comment

• Orders have been dispatched through the appropriate media.

Comment

• Originally posted by MORON
                  Uh, is there some way I can get a copy of that spreadsheet. I always wonder what excel can really do without trying out all the features myself.

P.S. Just how many post is king anyway....even people that joined at 04 have emperor *grumbles at the lurking habit*

+1
                  Its some piddling little number like 500 for a king... maybe even less, like 300 Then its 3k for an Emperor and 10k for Deity. Just make 10 posts a day to get to Emperor in less than a year.

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• 301 is Prince, 1001 is King.
                    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• I stand corrected.

/me sends battleships to Vlad Antlerkov*

-Jam

Comment

• Snoopy-

Looks great!

Questions:
                        1. As players get eliminated, how would I go about with modifiying the display?
                        2. Where are the Buildpoint rectangles?
                        3. Can you bold the ship count numbers?
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley
                          Snoopy-

Looks great!

Questions:
                          1. As players get eliminated, how would I go about with modifiying the display?
                          2. Where are the Buildpoint rectangles?
                          3. Can you bold the ship count numbers?
                          1- Let me make one minor modification, or you can yourself - change the references in the names to $A$ and $T$; then all you have to do is delete the 15 ship icons (the grey/silver ones) and the picture for the person, then (after Delete All has been hit, clearing out all the icons) manually select the rows and delete them; it will work fine that way.

2. They seem to have gone 'clear'. Not sure why. Will look into it asap.

3. Probably. Might run out of room on the spreadsheet though, but we'll see.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Looks amazing.

Comment

• 16/20

Four left... hmmm... they are the three Great Overlords of the last era, Lord Nuclear, Hercules, and Paddy. And of course, Ljube. Hmmmmmmmm....
                              Visit First Cultural Industries
                              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Sent. As are my orders.

I can't take credit for any of the graphical portion - that's all smiley . I just like playing in excel and excel-VBA.
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X