This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative Thread

Post here any notification of absences or requests for substitutes and replacements. For new games, start a dedicated thread elsewhere in this forum. Please keep tangental conversation and commentary to a minimum in this thread, to keep the information as clear as possible. The Tullamore has been set up for mixing and commiseration.

Thanks to Masuro for the original idea.
    Last edited by Rommel2D; March 20, 2005, 17:43.
    Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Originally posted by Modo44
    In need of replacements for succession games. Paddy the Scot is working hard, and can't play them at the moment, while Maki has been swept away by WoW. We hope to see them back soon, but for now both have agreed to step down.

Both games are in late stages now.

Huge map (Monarch difficulty). This one just entered the Modern Era. We're in a commanding position, but some AIs could still make a hole in our plans, so they need to go. When at war, this game can take some time to play. And it could give you trouble loading, if you have an older PC:

Large map (Emperor difficulty). This game is in the Industrial Era. On the verge of choosing, whether to conquer the whole world, or try some other ways to win. The turns play quite quickly:

And another one. Large map, Emperor difficulty. This one is in the Medieval Age, shortly after winning a war. I'm half through my current turns in this one. Not, it's not me who gets replaced.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...87#post3608087

Comment

Originally posted by Rhothaerill
      And my troubles continue...the disk I used to take my games home last night to play was corrupt. I'll play them tonight.

On the plus side, my home internet should be fixed this Saturday. We have to have them add new lines as the existing lines became unusable, and because of my vacation over this past weekend we weren't able to schedule anything until this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
        we're also looking for a smellymummy-replacement in our young game of "the land time forgot": http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=123085

4 human players + 4AI on large pangea (so please only dedicated players!). regent level iirc
        and we are only 41 turns into the game (2710bc). smellymummy popped an early goody hut and got a free city and is point leader.

i guess this replacement would be permanent too...
        (Replacement found)
        Last edited by Rommel2D; February 20, 2005, 16:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
          Another smellymummy replacement needed (permanent since he seems to have disappeared): Serendipity PBEM

5 civs. 570 BC. Smellymummy was playing the Dutch. I honestly don't remember the map size... IIRC standard map.
          smellymummy replaced, might need another for MFC...
          Last edited by Rommel2D; March 1, 2005, 02:39.

Comment

Just checking in
            So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
            Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

This weekend is my big move out of state, so I will not have computer access until Tuesday at the earliest. Sorry for the delay this will cause my PBEM games.

Also, today is my last day at my current job, so my only e-mail address that will work from now on is alexman TA alum TOD mit TOD edu.
              Last edited by alexman; February 18, 2005, 14:38.

Comment

Back

Comment

Anyone for Serendipity?

Look above for details.

Comment

we found a smellymummy replacement for the game mentionned above, but we're also looking for one in following game:

Fast PBEM (originally managed to have 1 turn daily, but not everybody has been up to that challenge ):

it's a strange map with 1 continent and 5 decent sized archipelagios. smelly is playing the japanese here and is in control of one of these islands after driving paddy off it with an archer rush. he is up-to-date in techs, likely because of a deal with another player and has a powerful army. we are coming close to the end of the medieval ages...
                    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

As I am involved in 45+ games I will be slowing down for next 1-2 weeks, not stopped just slowed down as we are bring a new facility online. This requires long days and short nights and this weekend is the actual "throw da switch" day...

So bear with me and will see you as time permits

Thanks in advance fer you understanding

Grandpa Troll
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
                        we found a smellymummy replacement for the game mentionned above, but we're also looking for one in following game:

Fast PBEM (originally managed to have 1 turn daily, but not everybody has been up to that challenge ):
                        Looks like an interesting game, but I'm not about to take on Sabre playing the Dutch (one of his favourite civs) in the late middle ages when he's clearly going to win
                        So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                        Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
                          Anyone for Serendipity?

Look above for details.
                          Did this ever get upgraded to 1.22? I wasn't planning on joining any more games, but since all my others have dropped to less than once a week, I'd be willing to do my duty for the Poly-K.N.I.G.H.T. division and help keep this one from the grave...

Comment

I am replacing Smellymummy in the fast C3C PBEM.
                            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by Rommel2D
                              Did this ever get upgraded to 1.22? I wasn't planning on joining any more games, but since all my others have dropped to less than once a week, I'd be willing to do my duty for the Poly-K.N.I.G.H.T. division and help keep this one from the grave...
                              Yep, it's 1.22 now.

Comment

Working...
                              X