MultiMaps question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MultiMaps question

I've started making a scenario and now, with most of the cities and units and stuff already placed, I suddenly decided I want to throw another map on top (the stratosphere, playground of nuclear missiles and satellites).

Is there any way I can do this without starting from scratch again?
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Yes. Open the "Map" tab at the top, next to "Cheat Menu", select "Cheat Mode, then "Import Map". Select your map (up to 3) and save. You may not be able to see your cities anymore, this can be resolved by restoring, then hiding, the goody huts under the "Scenario Parameters" tab.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

YIPPEE!

Thanks Techumseh! OS credits for you!
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I have a map that is technically a gigamap.

Its dimensions are 284 wide by 230 high.

I need advice on how I can make another map of this size.

The whole map is supposed to be the stratosphere of the earth but for some reason Civ2map.exe won't let me make a map of this size, and it won't let me import one of this size either.

Is the best bet to open Civ2Tot and import a map from the same save game? Then I'd have to manually change each square...

Final question: can I make one map draw from one terrain file, and another map draw from another file? I am hoping to make the second terrain file completely made of ground tiles that look like clouds, sky, and ground and oceans viewed from a high altitude. Any advice would be appreciated!
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I missed this thread... I hope I'm not too late.

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
          I have a map that is technically a gigamap.

Its dimensions are 284 wide by 230 high.
          That's the size as you see it in ToT, I assume? Because that size is misleading. It is actually only 142x230.

I need advice on how I can make another map of this size.

The whole map is supposed to be the stratosphere of the earth but for some reason Civ2map.exe won't let me make a map of this size, and it won't let me import one of this size either.
          What map editor are you using? My "Test of Time Map Editor" or the map editor you have from FW or MGE or so?

The "regular" Civ2map editors can't create gigamaps. You should be able to import the gigamap just fine, as long as it's got the right size.

Final question: can I make one map draw from one terrain file, and another map draw from another file? I am hoping to make the second terrain file completely made of ground tiles that look like clouds, sky, and ground and oceans viewed from a high altitude. Any advice would be appreciated!
          Yep. The first map uses terrain1.bmp and terrain2.bmp, the second map uses terrain3.bmp and terrain4.bmp etc. The rules.txt also has separate terrain sections for each map.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Awesome! Thanks, Mercator!

Soon I will plot a return to Civwriterhood.

And maybe even write a SMAC fic too.
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
            X