No announcement yet.

Immutable Laws of Apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The chance of any poltical thread gets Godwinised* is 1.

* The Extended Godwin, including calling the other side "commies."
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• "Athiezed"

You'd think we were discussion two religions, and not one.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Regardless how many times it has been explained, some people will still insist wrongly that atheism is a religion.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• The proof is in the pudding.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Atheism is a religion the way death is a lifestyle.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• n+infinity--after devolving into meta-meta-meta-spam, all threads will then turn to a completely unrelated religious or political issue and debate it; note that this debate can (and will) in turn devolve once again turn into meta-spam, thus completing the Great Cycle of 'Poly.
              "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

• time to bring the law back
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Looks like just about nothing has changed...

Damn, now this got me looking at the few threads of mine that Apolyton has somehow managed to avoid deleting over the years that aren't Dip result threads and ye gods did I used to be a spammy idiot. I started THREE threads to propose different kinds of new smileys? The ****?
                    Last edited by Bosh; June 3, 2016, 11:09.
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Only 3?
                      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Three that was not deleted. I would multiply that number with four or five.

Comment

• I had forgotten that it was Agathon who Fez wanted ejected from a helicopter.

Ahh...the memories.....
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Wish he'd come back now that Asher has left.

Comment

• Agathon was a jackass. Good riddance.
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• If being a jackass was the show stopper of posting, we wouldn't have any posts.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X