AU Mod 1.07: Have you see any Aztec Jaquar Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU Mod 1.07: Have you see any Aztec Jaquar Warriors

This is with AU Mod 1.07 only. No mods to that responses please.
    The AI validation is complex, so what seems like a slight mod to it make affect AI choices in unpredictable ways.

Also those who have not had the Aztec as a close enough neighbor to tell if they built one or not are asked to refrain.

Poll options are :

Yes! I saw at least Aztec Jaquar Warrior
    No! What's a Jaquar Warrior?

Optional: If selecting yes, please describe the circumstances as much as possible without spoilers.

If selecting no, and the situation really called out for it, please describe as much as possible without spoilers.
    Yes, I've seen a Jaquar Warrior!
    50.00%
    No, What's a Jaquar Warrior?
    50.00%
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

I didn't see a single one, started very close to the Aztecs and wiped them out in two wars [one ancient, the other in middle ages with ancient units] without seeing a single Jaquar Warrior. Mostly archers and spearmen, with 1 normal warrior spotted.
    Aztecs had no connected resources at any time.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

AU Mod 1.07, standard map, random AI civs. Me playing Rome (to test some slowmover warfare ideas).

Got the Central American triumvirate... is there any way to fix that, btw?

No JWs in sight, across three oscillations onto the Aztecs. Warriors, Spears, Swords, Pikes, Longbows, Crusaders, and on...
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

AI Civs only build the most "efficient" unit of each type (attack, defense, etc.), so if it deems a unit to be better than the JW you won't see them ever built.

Very frustrating for scenario creation (since the AI only uses a handful of units).

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
          AI Civs only build the most "efficient" unit of each type (attack, defense, etc.), so if it deems a unit to be better than the JW you won't see them ever built.

Very frustrating for scenario creation (since the AI only uses a handful of units).
          Yes, most of time it is this way, however there are exceptions.Sometimes they prefer units which are cheaper and some special abilities seem to have also an impact (best example is hidden nationality...AI is crazy about it in case of land units).

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus

Got the Central American triumvirate... is there any way to fix that, btw?
            My understanding is that that problem shows up only when the culturally linked starting locations option is enabled. Disable it and the problem should go away. (I've been playing with culturally linked starting locations normally turned off for a long time - I get more variety that way - and the bug never even captured my notice until I read about it.)

Comment

Working...
            X