UN Builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UN Builds

I just recheck the save. I was wrong about Borcem's production. They have 3 3 shield tiles, 9 4 shield tiles, and 9 1 shield tile. That gives 54 base production, 108 with Factory and Power Plant. If you add the 42 extra shields from mobilization they'd have 150. So they are losing 24 spt to corruption? Guess it wouldn't be the FP then.

They can't have a Nuclear plant because it's only been 2 turns since they got Fission. So I think that ND must be benefiting from the Mobilization bug on their UN build to get to 126spt. Without it they should only have 108 spt.
    Last edited by Aeson; February 9, 2005, 04:50.

Tempest is at 344 shields. I can get it up to 136 spt after next turn, but max of 126 next turn. We have enough food to cover the starvation, and aren't using WLTKD there so won't lose it.

344 + 126 = 470
    1000 - 470 = 530
    530 / 135 = 3.9

So we can finish the UN in 5 turns, beating ND. But I think we are also being affected by the Mobilization bug. At max production we have 10 * 4 tiles, 5 * 3 tiles, and 1 * 2 tiles, for a total of 57 base production. Double that with Factory and Power Plant, so 114 production before corruption. We lose 4 shields to corruption at 114, so our base production should be 110 without the Mobilization bug.
    Last edited by Aeson; February 9, 2005, 05:33.

Comment

Killdaria has 9 * 4, 2 * 2, 6 * 1, and 1 * 3 for 49 base, 98 spt with Factory and Power Plant.

Turn 0: 5412 - 120 = 5292 / 20 = 264
      Turn 1: 7212 - 120 = 7092 / 20 = 354, + 90
      Turn 2: 9012 - 120 = 8892 / 20 = 444, + 90

So it looks like GoW is probably not benefiting from the Mobilization bug. They still will need 7 turns to finish.
      Last edited by Aeson; February 9, 2005, 05:33.

Comment

Without the mobilization bug, I think GoW would beat us and ND both. But if GoW is also using the bug, we would win.

Killdaria (unknown mob status):

Turn 0: 264
        Turn 1: 354
        Turn 2: 444
        Turn 3: 534
        Turn 4: 624
        Turn 5: 714
        Turn 6: 804
        Turn 7: 894
        Turn 8: 984
        Turn 9: 1074, UN finished.

Tempest (no-Mob bug):

Turn 0: 0
        Turn 1: 93
        Turn 2: 186
        Turn 3: 279
        Turn 4: 372
        Turn 5: 482
        Turn 6: 592
        Turn 7: 702
        Turn 8: 812
        Turn 9: 922
        Turn 10: 1032, UN finished.

Turn 0: 0
        Turn 1: 108
        Turn 2: 216
        Turn 3: 324
        Turn 4: 432
        Turn 5: 540
        Turn 6: 648
        Turn 7: 756
        Turn 8: 864
        Turn 9: 972
        Turn 10: 1080, UN finished.

Comment

So our plan is to build it and then what?

Will we hold the vote, or do we build it to block someone else from holding the vote?

Any progress in diplomacy on this issue?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'm not sure if we can/should build it. If GoW is also using the mobilization bug then we could build it. If not we need to let GoW build it (as does ND if I'm right and they are getting helped by the mobilization bug).

Comment

If ND is using the mob bug, we've got to complain. And there is only one channel where we can complain, which is Trip. We can't tell ND how we know their perfect shield counts, or everyone if going to use the sabotage cost method to see where we are, and we can forget any peaceful buildup to SS.

So, Aeson, if you're sure of your numbers, warn Trip. We have tried to keep the mobilization bug from benefitting us, I think ND will have to comply as well.

DeepO

Comment

I'm still amazed we are even contemplating building the UN.
                Is there really any team who will vote for another team??? I know I wouldn't even if I was down to my last city or if I was doing a Lego.

This goes against just every fibre in my body to be honest..voting so some-else wins??!!

Has anyone here ever voted for an AI to win?

Really, I don't think I even want to win through the UN.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

So we can finish the UN in 5 turns, beating ND. But I think we are also being affected by the Mobilization bug. At max production we have 10 * 4 tiles, 5 * 3 tiles, and 1 * 2 tiles, for a total of 57 base production. Double that with Factory and Power Plant, so 114 production before corruption. We lose 4 shields to corruption at 114, so our base production should be 110 without the Mobilization bug.

I thought that you multiply the base by 1.75, as the power plant increases the amount of shields the factory produces by 50%. So the amount of shields that Tempest should be making is 57*1.75=99.75, which is rounded to 100, right?
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Re: UN Builds

Originally posted by Aeson
                    I just recheck the save. I was wrong about Borcem's production. They have 3 3 shield tiles, 9 4 shield tiles, and 9 1 shield tile. That gives 54 base production, 108 with Factory and Power Plant. If you add the 42 extra shields from mobilization they'd have 150. So they are losing 24 spt to corruption? Guess it wouldn't be the FP then.

They can't have a Nuclear plant because it's only been 2 turns since they got Fission. So I think that ND must be benefiting from the Mobilization bug on their UN build to get to 126spt. Without it they should only have 108 spt.
                    Why can't they had fission earlier? Did we spot when Vox went to the modern age, and was able to give fission to ND? It might have been earlier then for us.

54 * 2.5 (factory + nuke) = 135. Which would mean 9 loss to waste, which seems reasonable for a city next to the FP. 24 spt looks like a lot to me, or the FP has to be reasonably distant

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                      Tempest is at 344 shields. I can get it up to 136 spt after next turn, but max of 126 next turn. We have enough food to cover the starvation, and aren't using WLTKD there so won't lose it.

344 + 126 = 470
                      1000 - 470 = 530
                      530 / 135 = 3.9

57+16 (from mob) = 73.
                      73*2 = 146 spt before corruption. If ND is using the mob bonus, we could use it as well, and gain more than the 126 of next turn (we aren't losing 20 to corruption, are we? I thought Tempest was relatively corruption free)

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                        So our plan is to build it and then what?

Will we hold the vote, or do we build it to block someone else from holding the vote?
                        A lot depends on analysis, if ND is going to vote when they build it, we have little choice but to go for it ourselves.

Any progress in diplomacy on this issue?
                        Diplo is on a all time low, at least from my side. We could really use some ambassadors to help CH.

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                          I'm still amazed we are even contemplating building the UN.
                          Is there really any team who will vote for another team??? I know I wouldn't even if I was down to my last city or if I was doing a Lego.
                          Here you go... Lego is still in the game. Vox is still in the game. If both vote for ND, all they have to do is to exterminate RP, and win.

Really, I don't think I even want to win through the UN.
                          I'm not sure. It would be an achievement on a diplo level. And it would mean that you enslaved other nations, instead of just conquering them. Politically, that's more interesting

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                            I thought that you multiply the base by 1.75, as the power plant increases the amount of shields the factory produces by 50%. So the amount of shields that Tempest should be making is 57*1.75=99.75, which is rounded to 100, right?
                            No, the bonus is cumulative. So a factory gives 50% extra, a power plant gives an extra 50% for a total of 100% extra. A nuke would give 150%.

DeepO

Comment

If ND has been or is getting the mob bug, we have no real remedy for what as already been accurred, do we?

I do not see any likely method for us winning the vote as we can only count on RP and ourself at this point. So it means we either have to build it or get a deal to ban it.

Since no one has contacted us about it, they must have a plan, you could not afford to ignore it otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X