Another scandal for a national guard unit in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another scandal for a national guard unit in Iraq

When you put women in military units, you have to expect things like this to happen. Not that I'm saying this is a bad thing, mind you. I enjoy female mud wrestling.

shame on the military. **** like this is why I go out. They try to prevent people from having any fun. It's not like the military in the old days. There's a lot of stress over there, I can't blame them for blowing off some steam.

They were just trying to have fun.. the military needs to lighten up a little.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Yeah torture encouraged by the higher ups can be a frat prank but this needs serious attention...

something wrong in the priorities there?
      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

word

ps I'd hit it.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

...and she'd be hitting you right back twice as hard.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Even better!!!!
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ooh, didn't think you'd be for that sort of thing.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
                  Yeah torture encouraged by the higher ups can be a frat prank but this needs serious attention...

something wrong in the priorities there?
                  Seems pretty normal US priorities to me. Violence etc. is fine but any kind of sex/nudity is a massive scandle.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

I need more details to make a judgement. So I demand bigger pics.
                    Blah

Comment

Do you get a discount on war with Iran with ten scandals ?
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Yup, they get another war for free.

Comment

Iran would kick our ass. I wish we would go in there (not really). We need our ass kicked though. You would think Vietnam would be enough.
                          Last edited by Kidlicious; February 7, 2005, 09:36.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                            Do you get a discount on war with Iran with ten scandals ?
                            Yea, they throw in the eleventh for free.
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Let me get this straight. You are a prison guard, with a mix of fanatics, ex-military people who largely want you dead (baathists), various common criminals, and innocent people really pissed to have dumped into the facility. With this safe, relaxed atmosphere you cannot have sex or beer for probably a year plus, you've spent months while it's blistering hot, the food delivered is substandard and nobody believes you (Haliburton contract), and you KNOW that is anything goes wrong you will get hung, not the upper echelon officers who f****d up to begin with.

You have a party, stay clothed, and blow some steam off because you are getting out of this hellhole (I'll bet women from the departing and relieving units ended up in a competition, with the guys encouraging it - regular GI's are not known for their highbrow entertainment while on deployment). Please note that I have seen 13 year old cheerleaders with less clothing than this lady - OK, on further examination, the same amount - and women at the beach with MUCH less. She get's demoted? While Rumsfeld keeps his job and Gonzales gets PROmoted? I need a vomit smiley.
                              The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                              And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                              Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                              Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X