Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a 40 hour a week, 40k a year job make you happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a 40 hour a week, 40k a year job make you happy?

Stipulations: You are GUARANTEED the job for life.

You will never, ever, ever get promoted or get raises past inflation's effect.

The job is mindless and boring, while not physically demanding or hard, it is boring as hell.

You get 2 and a half weeks of paid vacation a year and good health benifits/insurance.

Would this job make you happy?
    Last edited by Vesayen; February 6, 2005, 23:42.

no
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No. I'm not going to spend the rest of my life doing something that I find mindless and boring.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
        No. I'm not going to spend the rest of my life doing something that I find mindless and boring.
        That would be my reason too, no matter what the money is.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva

That would be my reason too, no matter what the money is.
          I prefer mindless and boring.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The money would make me happy, the job itself would make me suicidal.....it's a difficult decision
            Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

Id do it, enough free time to make up for the borinness
              What type of idiot quotes himself
              -paramir

Comment

it wouldn't make me happy, no. but I might take it.

Comment

Accounting or actuary?
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

No.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Damn no. I essentially have that job now (though granted I make a little less) and I have no intention of staying with it.
                      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

yes. yes i would. my career isnt who i am.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

No.
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

$40k? Who can raise a family on that these days?
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

No way.

Jobs

Mindless and boring jobs
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                              X