Android Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Empire

After reading that guy who gave himself android tech at the start, I wondered how it would be to do it legitimately.

So, Repulsive, Democracy, +2 research, artifacts homeworld.

Huge, 3 players, so I have time to build.

Made a beeline for android workers, with a quick sidestop for freighters and Auto factories. Only then did I go forth from my home system. each world, except for toxics and the home system only get one colonist, and the rest are androids.

The council vote came around at last, there were 59 total votes, I had 51 of them!!!!!

Now, this was on easy, but still, that's domination to the ridiculous.

I have to try this on something more difficult.
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Probably the way to get droids the earlist, is to be other than repulsive and hire the leader that comes with that tech.

This would require a few games to have him show up, but it would surely be before you could research to 3500rp stuff.

Comment

You can have droids by ~ turn 85. (in average)

demo lith art rep -sd -gc
      I never had this droid-leader by that turn.

(My opponents gave up recently.....just watching the gnn news. had worker and scientist in turn 84......without luck i would have received the worker in turn 88 or so....)

actually you have often luck with this race....especially when all opponents have more pop than u.....
      "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

OK, continuing the experience.

all settings the same, just changing difficulty level.

Coluans (+2res, demo art rep), Huge, 3 players.

votes on first high council:

Easy: 51 out of 59 votes (as already reported)
        Average: 48 out of 61
        Hard: 43 out of 58
        Impossible: 39 out of 69.

It seems that there's a similar amout of folks in the galaxy at first vote, but the AI expands a lot faster at higher difficulty levels. at impossible was the first time I wouldn't have won automatically on the first vote.

I'm going to try this with more races than just 3. with a few knocking on my door earlier, I'd probably not do so well. it takes about 10 worlds before you really hit your stride.
        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

I would surely say that 3 players is going to make things way to easy in a huge. Six would be a minimum number to make it representative.

The lack of contacts makes those heavy researching races safer for a longer period of time. It give one time to get spy counter measures in place. To build up defenses and fleets. It counterfiets some traits such Darloks spying and any Tele will suffer as they will have a much harder time over coming the stiffer defenses they will face.

Comment

More lith races good for quick droids.
            Dict/Lith/Arti/Lrg, Dict/Lith/Grow/Lrg, Dict/Lith/+1prod/Lrg.
            Uni/Arti/Lrg.

I have hit droids t 87 with Dict/Lith/Arti/Lrg.

Comment

"Uni/Arti/Lrg"

UNI Lith Races are a bad choice, cos a UniAqua Combo can always (in any Case) reach same/more RP or Prod.
              http://www.moo2.de.vu

Comment

Working...
              X