X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
    I was speaking to MS.
    Hi,
    I sent you a personal message. Did you get it?
    MS
    The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Yup, glad to know your back. Here is what you do:

Open the HoF Main Page. Click AU Course 506, then press Submit a Save, which is on the right corner, and fill out the information there.

Comment

Yup, glad to know your back. Here is what you do:

Open the HoF Main Page. Click AU Course 506, then press Submit a Save, which is on the right corner, and fill out the information there.
        Finally done, but the accepted screenshots are only 400x400...
        The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

And I thought I had issues trying to cram in my 1024 X 800 screen shots into these DAR threads.

Originally posted by Mountain Sage

Finally done, but the accepted screenshots are only 400x400...
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Jon's DAR : Monarch AU Mod Dar 6
            Part I: Thru wipe out of India

The following restrictions taken upon myself to encourage war mongling:

1. I will not be in a representive form of govt nor may I pick Monarchy.

2. I will not build any libaries. [I may still try to reserach, but it may become less effective as time goes on.]

3. I will not build any great wonders unless I get and use a SGL. Any SGL may only be used for building wonders that are Military.

4. I will not build any small wonders unless I get and use a MGL.

India chosen as the next target? The reason: to kill them now before they get to many Crusaders from their Knights Templar, plus they have no iron, so their best defenders are only War Elephants. Plus the Mayas have the Great Wall and France Sun Tzu.

410 AD Great Library grants Printing Press

410 AD Declare war on India

410 AD Capture Indian Desert

410 AD Capture Indian Grassland Harbor, capture 2 slaves right outside IGH. capture 1 slave in jungle

420 AD Capture Indian worker near northern border

420 AD Capture Indian Banana Harbor (1 slave)

420 AD Capture Indian Tobaco Harbor (2 slaves)

430 AD Capture India Dye (2 slaves)

430 AD Capture India Musieum Knights (5 slaves) We have captured Knights Templar! (And Musieum of Mas) Indias 2 Silks connected.
            We now have access to all luxaries

440 AD Get a MGL during assult of Indian Desert Harbor. Form an Army and load it with that unit. The people now want to build the Pentagon

440 AD India contacts me on their turn wanting peace and willing to pay 38 GPT but no cities. That's not good enough!
            India also has Education. War continues!

450 AD Discover Gunpowder. Reseraching Chemistry @ 60 in 14 turns. 1/3 sources of Saltpeter inside territory found to be connected

450 AD Get a MGL capturing Indian Jungle Harbor. Rushing Pentagon in Indian Jungle Harbor

450 AD Capture Indian Floodplains

450 AD France demands contact with Indians. We refuse. France backs down

460 AD Capture Indian Forest

470 AD Indians start Sistine Chapel!

470 AD Capture Indian Fish Harbor

470 AD Capture Great Whale Lighthouse. We now own the Great Lighthouse!

480 AD Great Library grants Education. Discovery of Education renders Great Library Obsolete. Discovery of Education renders Temple of Artemis obsolete.
            Builds in portions of India captured within the last 5 turns switched to Temples

480 AD India Gold Harbor captured. India's build of Sistine Chapel halted.

480 AD MGL generated attacking Indian Hill Harbor. Indian Hill Harbor captured. Army formed in Indian Hill Harbor

490 AD Contact with one city left India sold to France and Maya to get what we can prior to wiping India out.

490 AD Capture Indian Folly. We have destroyed the solid Indians!

France needs Enginnering.

Maya needs Enginnering, Theology, and Chivary.

We have 61% world's area & 73% of worlds population.

END of DAR Part I

Zip of my too big 1024X800 screen shots for this section of the dar
            Last edited by joncnunn; February 23, 2005, 20:43.
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Joncnunn, could you submit your save to the HoF?

Comment

Jon's DAR : Monarch AU Mod Dar 6
                Part II: Annexiation of Maya interupted by Victory

The following restrictions taken upon myself to encourage war mongling:

1. I will not be in a representive form of govt nor may I pick Monarchy.

2. I will not build any libaries. [I may still try to reserach, but it may become less effective as time goes on.]

3. I will not build any great wonders unless I get and use a SGL. Any SGL may only be used for building wonders that are Military.

4. I will not build any small wonders unless I get and use a MGL.

Mayans chosen as the next target. 'bout time I annexed the Pryamids.

Spend several turns waiting for my forces to redeploy from India to the Mayan border.

540 AD Declare war on Mayas!

540 AD Raize the Mayan size 1 city on the Penisula to the ground!

540 AD Capture 2 Mayan workers on the border

540 AD Generate MGL, form another Knight Army

540 AD Capture Mayan Silk

540 AD Capture 2 Mayan workers near new border

550 AD French start construction of Copericus

550 AD Capture Mayan Plains

550 AD Capture Mayan Desert

560 AD Capture Mayan Pryamids Wall and 3 slaves. We now control the Great Wall! (And Pryamids)

570 AD Chemistry Discovered. Researching Metalurgy at 60 in 13. France has Astronomy and needs Enginering

570 AD Capture Maya Cow Grassland (3 slaves)

580 AD Capture Maya Mountain Harbor (2 slaves)

590 AD We have achieved a Domination Victory.
                66% of land area. 79% of world's population
                Final Score 7508.

END OF GAME

Earliest ever. My most advanced tech is Chemistry. France's most advance tech is Astronomy. OTOH, France bypassed the bottom half entirely, still needing Enginerring.

Zip of my too big 1024X800 screen shots

Closing thoughts:

1. The permission to build a Wonder if I used a SGL didn't come into play. Never got a SGL in that one. Not geting permision to build a Great Wonder didn't matter much either, without the shields being invested in wonders, I had the shields to build units to conquer them.

2. The restirction on small wonders slowed down my FP, but not too much. also due to the early wars. It also caused me to use a MGL on the Heoric Epic which is really cheap.

3. The no libary restriction really didn't start hurting my reserach until after my GA ended. In the ancient era, libraries were a rare enough sight that my conquests were building me up a tech lead that improved with conquest of the Great Library. When my GA came along, it accelerated with the extra science. It only started to falter [post GA and being granted Education] after I had enough Knights to take over the world.

4. Fedualism is a wonderful govt for war mongling under the AU mod, perhaps a bit too much so with it's lower corruption than normal. Even with over 150 units I was still well under my support costs. Knights are still built easily by size 6 cities. I actually considered building Aquaducts in my core area. I was even negleating the pop-rushing that the govt allows, mostly because if I had pop rushed Temples post ToA, I'd have won 5 turns after that point. Oh, and I never had a single citizen say give peace a chance. Now conquered India did strongly complain about me attacking their mother land until I finished it after ToA expired, but turning their large cities into all entertainmen silenced their criticisms.

5. There seems to be a severe problem with the Aztec AI and Jaquar Warriors; I never saw a single Jaquar Warrior.
                Last edited by joncnunn; February 23, 2005, 20:45.
                Templar Science Minister

Comment

Whenever my notebook can talk to unsecured wireless networks again. A M$ patch made this too secure.

That's also why I don't have dates yet, my offical diary is a soft copy on my notebook.

Oh, the last save I have is the one I made the turn before my victory. I had autosave on; by the most recent autosave was of the turn before my victory.

Joncnunn, could you submit your save to the HoF?
                  Templar Science Minister

Comment

Save submited to HoF

My screen shots are way too big for HoF
                    Templar Science Minister

Comment

I guess I will post a no win.

After everybody but everybody is my land as a freeway, no one would leave.

I declared war on China so Bab,French,Maya declare war on little ole me. Beeing hit from the top and sides.

I saw the hand writting on the wall when I lost an elite swordsman to a regular swordsman on open field.

After losing my only Iron, that was it for my real only fighting units available, all 5 did I manage to build.

Oh, buy the way I forgot to mention, I just started the medieval age. I could never buld a single wonder, even starting one earlier than anyone else, some other civ would find a way to make it first.

I will have to try this again from the begging
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

You should post an entry in the HoF regardless.

Comment

Looks like the interface supports entering a loss, but your bound to have one of the lowest scores if you submit a loss.

You should post an entry in the HoF regardless.
                          Templar Science Minister

Comment

Working...
                          X