No announcement yet.

State of the Union: What do You think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to... but some people are making that hard to do... current score: Duke 39 Wake Forest 45.

Sorry, but I now have this vision of max von sydow sitting bald headed and robed in imperial scarlet in front of a TV eating cheezos and yelling at the ref.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
        Were the Congress booing the social security predictions or was that congressmen supporting it because it was a scary situation?
        The Dems were saying "no" because they disagreed with the President's estimates of bankruptcy at 2040-something.

I've never seen something like that at a State of the Union.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Cool, I heard it on the radio so didn't see the visual.

I'm glad to hear they did that.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Did he mention going to Mars this year? That was a highlight last year, mentioned once and forgotten.
            I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Nah, he didn't receive a letter for that one
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I was hoping we would add Mars to the Space Axis of Evil.

"THE BRUTAL REGIME OF THE MARTIANS AND THEIR TYRANNIC LEADER DO NOT SUPPORT FREEDOM OR LIBERTY!!!!
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                  Great speech. Brought tears to my eyes several times. Bush will go down in history as one of our all time great presidents.
                  Similar reaction at US embassy - some Americans choking back tears.

Meanwhile a journalist reported the Australians present were politely trying to choke back groans and laughter, and trying not to look at each other otherwise every Aussie would have been ROTFLTAO.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                    I was hoping we would add Mars to the Space Axis of Evil.

"THE BRUTAL REGIME OF THE MARTIANS AND THEIR TYRANNIC LEADER DO NOT SUPPORT FREEDOM OR LIBERTY!!!!
                    The CIA has evidence that Marvin, evil leader of the Martians, was trying to buy Uranium from Uganda. Sources have proof that Marvin is building a giant weapon to aim at Earth. His regime must be changed!

Comment

I can't believe that anyone could find a Bush speech so inspirational that it would bring them to tears.

Comment

A fine speech all in all. It was a suiting follow-up on his inaugural address, although not quite leaving as visionary an impression. But that is also somewhat conditioned by the occasion. Different venue and different purpose for this one.

I think he's getting better at delivering speeches like this recently. I sense that with the pressure of campaigning now behind him, he's showing more confidence and thus his words seem to carry more weight than before. At least that's how it comes across to me.

And I noticed Cheney's parka is back in the closet on his return from Europe. But I'm sure the regular crowd will be able to spot some other insignificant bit to bicker about.

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff

The CIA has evidence that Marvin, evil leader of the Martians, was trying to buy Uranium from Uganda. Sources have proof that Marvin is building a giant weapon to aim at Earth. His regime must be changed!
                          OMG TEH CIA HAS POWERPOINT GRAPHICS OF MOBILE WEAPONS LABS AND TEH MARTIAN DEATH RAY!!!1111

COLIN POWELL MADE TEH CASE!!!11

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff
                            I can't believe that anyone could find a Bush speech so inspirational that it would bring them to tears.
                            word

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

Similar reaction at US embassy - some Americans choking back tears.

Meanwhile a journalist reported the Australians present were politely trying to choke back groans and laughter, and trying not to look at each other otherwise every Aussie would have been ROTFLTAO.

Comment

Shrub was Shrub, Pelosi was Pelosi. Bleh.

Reid wasn't that bad, he had a good line with the "birth tax." Got turned off by his protectionism though. Anyways, he's far better at speaking than Daschle. He's also turning to be quite an effective Minority Leader (again, in contrast to Daschle). He says that he has 42 Dems lined up against the Gonzales nomination, and all 44 Dems lined up against SS privatization. Seeing as how Jeffords will definitely vote with the Dems, and Snowe and Chaffee will probably defect on both issues, plus possibly some others (i.e. Specter on SS), a filibuster becomes very practical (and there may not be any need for a filibuster on SS privatization).
                                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                                -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                                X