AU506 - DAR5: Three AI civs remaining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU506 - DAR5: Three AI civs remaining

This is the DAR4 thread for AU506: The Power of Early Warfare. This DAR covers your elimiation of the fourth AI civ (7-4=3). Use this thread to discuss your warmongering strategy, and recount your exploits.

Make up your own darn questions to answer!
    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

I'll just tell, what I did, and why. That good?

AU Mod, Emperor level

I have set restrictions for myself, to force war. I am not build any Wonders, nor science buildings (Libraries, and on). Also, research is at minimum (a scientist, or 10-20%) all the time.

Accidently, I acquired enough luxuries before my cities grew, so no Cathedrals or Colosseums are needed either.

At this point, having no high-cost buildings, and running a sole Scientist, the empire is making lots of cash (around 180gpt, but paying a lot to the Maya). I divide it between upgrades, and rushes (Courthouses in cities that can use them, Temples to expand borders, Aqueducts to grow).

690 AD
    Only two turns after the Aztecs vanished, Babylon declares war. They are very weak, so ignore them, preparing for France.

730 AD
    A turn before I planned entering French lands, the Indians send units in. We ask them to leave, they declare. That's too soon, but oh well. Maya get 4 luxuries, and 90gpt to fight them with us. Normally, I'd just start moving produced Knights (about 1.5 a turn at this point) north, and watch the mayhem. But there's Beijing (Sun Tzu's), and a Horses resource - both close to a big Elephant stack. And, I don't want to risk having to fight both the Maya, and the Indians. One ex-Chinese city will be lost for sure.
    But, the force is there, so France gets attacked anyway. We start by pillaging one of their luxuries, to throw them into disrorder.

740 AD
    Paris falls. Leo's Workshop is in Zulu hands, and we have cheap upgrades now.
    French Knights are killed off. They have no Iron, so they won't make any new ones.
    I had left some Knights in the south-west, just in case. And sure enough - and Indian city falls.
    Another one can be taken, and then it's over with easy conquest. They have Muskets, not Spears closer to the core.

760 AD
    Second French city falls. MGL shows up.
    Second Indian city falls in the south-east.
    There seems to be a draw between Mayan, and Indian troops. Zulu Knights kill only the Indians, that could tip the balance.

800 AD
    France has 1 city now. It's size 8, the capital, and on a Hill. Final attack delayed, waiting for Trebuchets.
    France declares war on the Maya.

850 AD
    One flip (and retaking) of a French city later, with Trebuchets and two Knight Armies, France can go.
    But first, we sign peace, and get as much technology, as possible. We receive Banking, Chemistry, Navigation for 85gpt.
    I've been bad. Buh-bye France.

Diplomacy: Zulu and Maya allied against India. Babylon at peace with everyone, buying luxuries and resources from Zululand.
    Cities owned: 50
    Military: 29 Musketmen, 27 Knights (2 in Armies), 17 Pikemen, 4 Trebuchets, 2 Impi, 1 Medieval Infantry
    Workers: 23 native, 31 Slaves
    Science: We lack Music Theory, Economics, Democracy, Free Artistry. Running a Scientist to Metallurgy.

Plan:
    Start taking India apart, but from the south, so the Maya can't join too easy. Let the two duke it out in former China, to keep their unit numbers low. At the same time, prepare a big punch to take Chichen Itza (Mayan capital, hosts: Pyramids, Mausoleum of Mausollos, Sistine Chapel), followed by a general trimming of the Maya. Maybe, just maybe, sign peace with India. I see no good reasons, though.

The Zulu core, 850 AD:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Modo44; February 3, 2005, 11:09.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Looks like your ready for Dominae to post the DAR 6 section.

From the map, it looks like just knocking out the Babs would be almost enough for a domination victory and if you want a conquest victory instead you'll need to stop capturing cities and start raizing them.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
        Looks like your ready for Dominae to post the DAR 6 section.
        Yup, bonking Mayan heads now.

Originally posted by joncnunn
        From the map, it looks like just knocking out the Babs would be almost enough for a domination victory and if you want a conquest victory instead you'll need to stop capturing cities and start raizing them.
        After taking Chichen Itza: 48% land, 61% population. I don't care about conquest. It's too tedious.
        Last edited by Modo44; February 3, 2005, 18:50.

Comment

Okay, not far into the next (last?) DAR, I built my first ship. Guess what I found? It's the High Temple of Voodoo.
          Attached Files

Comment

Only 48% of the land? There must be a significant amount of undiscovered land tiles somewhere on the map even adjusting for the cultural holes in your empire, mostly in ex-France.

Originally posted by Modo44

Yup, bonking Mayan heads now.

After taking Chichen Itza: 48% land, 61% population. I don't care about conquest. It's too tendious.
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Does the "world area" include water? If it does, that would explain things. The weird inland seas do take quite a few tiles.

Comment

"Land Area" includes Coast tiles, but not Sea or Ocean.
                And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Part V: The Age of the Titans

1320AD:
                  We declared war on India.
                  Attached Files
                  The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

1360AD:
                    The Indians were finally destroyed. A short and ugly war.

The Master’s Questions:
                    Attached Files
                    The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Jon's DAR : Monarch AU Mod Dar 5

The following restrictions taken upon myself to encourage war mongling:

1. I will not be in a representive form of govt nor may I pick Monarchy.

2. I will not build any libaries. [I may still try to reserach, but it may become less effective as time goes on.]

3. I will not build any great wonders unless I get and use a SGL. Any SGL may only be used for building wonders that are Military.

4. I will not build any small wonders unless I get and use a MGL.

Babylon is the next target, their useless as a one city state and there is only six turns left before the cease fire expires. But I'm only going to use the forces that were left from the previous Bab war. The forces in ex-China are redeploying to take on the Indians which is also where newly constructed Knights are going.

340 AD Invention discovered. Reseraching Gunpowder @ 70 in 11 turns. France has tech and resources to build Knights. India has tech to build War Elephants.

340 AD Ex-china connected to trade network [including Gems]

350 AD Great Library grants Theology

350 AD India builds Knights Templar I check the wonders, and this has trigured India's GA.

390 AD Trade Connections with Maya, France, Babylon and ex-Babylon [connects the wine]

390 AD Cease fire expires with Babylon

400 AD Declare war on Babylon

400 AD Capture Babylon Folly. We have destroyed the Fledging Babylons!

Zip of my too big 1024X800 screen shots
                      Last edited by joncnunn; February 23, 2005, 20:39.
                      Templar Science Minister

Comment

AU 506 – DAR5: Three AI Civs remaining

AU Mod, Emperor

Not applicable.
                        Last edited by Theseus; February 17, 2005, 18:01.
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                        X