Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

_
    Attached Files
    "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
    -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

That should work. Thanks. HoF entry will be posted shortly!

Comment

Warning. Warning. Danger, Will Robinson: This game is harder than I had expected!!

(Good job, Dom )
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
          (Good job, Dom)
          Thanks T. I decided on a map that encourages/rewards early warfare above all, but I can see how some players might find it hard and/or annoying. I hope to read at least a few DARs in the next few weeks, though.
          And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Personally, I think the starting location is next to ideal for a bloodthirstay warmonger (you're just missing one thing for it to be ideal!).

Comment

I think the most annoying thing so far has been the RNG
              I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

I'm planning to play this, but I'm not quite sure when I'll start. The game requires a different mindset from what I'm used to, and the last couple days, I haven't been in the right mood for ancient-era bloodthirsty warmongering.

Comment

Originally posted by ZargonX
                  I think the most annoying thing so far has been the RNG

Which is all Dom's fault.

Comment

I noticed a bug with the AU files.

It seems to be pointing to the main encylopedia instead of the AU mod encylopedia.
                    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                    Templar Science Minister
                    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I'm not sure the AU mod comes with an Civilopedia file.

Comment

A note regarding the DARs: there are 7 AI civs in this scenario, which is two more than normal for a Small-size map. To post in DAR3, therefore, you will need to have eliminated 2 AI civs.

Comment

It does. I saw it in the AD mod 1.07 zip under a directory, and the main file tells it to look in that directory for the Civilopedia.

It's needed because the Civilopedia file explains about the govt levels for the AU mod and the Curragh not being able to enter Ocean, etc.

Originally posted by Dominae
                          I'm not sure the AU mod comes with an Civilopedia file.
                          Templar Science Minister
                          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominae
                            A note regarding the DARs: there are 7 AI civs in this scenario, which is two more than normal for a Small-size map. To post in DAR3, therefore, you will need to have eliminated 2 AI civs.

Not reading your own description for DAR 3???

This DAR covers the period between turn 80 (the end of DAR2) and the point at which there are only five remaining AI civs. Use this thread to discuss your warmongering strategy.
                            Sounds to me if you eliminate 2 AIs prior to turn 80, you skip DAR3 enitrely and move directly to DAR 4. Otherwise you can start DAR3 on turn 81, but can't move on to DAR4 til your down to 5 AI civs.
                            Templar Science Minister

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                              Not reading your own description for DAR 3???
                              There's nothing contradictory about what I just said and the stuff I posted in DAR3.

Sounds to me if you eliminate 2 AIs prior to turn 80, you skip DAR3 enitrely and move directly to DAR 4.
                              No, if you skip a landmark by completing a subsequent landmark first, you post in the later landmark's thread. For example, if there are only 5 AI civs (note: you are not an AI civ) left on turn 69, you would post in DAR3 your report for the time period between the end of DAR1 (turn 40) and the turn 69. You would not post in DAR2 when you reached turn 80, skipping it entirely.

I hope this clears things up.
                              Last edited by Dominae; January 31, 2005, 19:19.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                                It does. I saw it in the AD mod 1.07 zip under a directory, and the main file tells it to look in that directory for the Civilopedia.

It's needed because the Civilopedia file explains about the govt levels for the AU mod and the Curragh not being able to enter Ocean, etc.
                                I imported the latest AU mod into the scenario for this game. I assume that importing rules also imports the file paths for the modified Civilopedia. If so, you should be able to download the file from the C3C AU mod thread and put it in the right place. If not, you'll just have to rely on alexman's excellent web documenation for the mod (available in the same thread) instead of using the Civilopedia.

Comment

Working...
                                X