Online Dating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Dating

around New Years I decided to create a profile on match.com... I've had a few winks, but then a few days ago, someone emailed me.

She sounds like a nice girl. We've emailed each other a few times. The last email she gave me her digits. So, should I call? I'm scared.

I NEED ADVICE!

Has anyone had any experience with online dating?

Positives with this girl:

lives close to me
    is cute
    likes cats!
    likes me!

and so far, no real negatives...

What should I do?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Call her?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Arrange a lunch meeting in a public place. That way if she's a psycho-stalker you may have a chance to run away.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Why go through the motions if you have no intention of actually meeting someone?
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Eeeaaasy boy Purrhh Purrhhh

Now first of all, you don't know if she's nice. Second of all, you don't know if she likes you, how can she likes you if she doesn't really know you?

Don't let these words take you down though. It IS possible, besides those words do not exclude the option.

Anyways, just you know, hold them horses, I'lle xplain why. You will get some of that pressure off from your back when you take it little easier, right? So it'll be more easy for you to call her and meet her and all that good stuff.

Don't think this as Online Dating. When you call her, it's out of the internet then, right? So it counts as a 'real' thing. So don't worry, it's the normal stuff and you know how it goes.

When you call her, just pick a good time. Don't call late at night or early in the morning or the time she's most likely at school or where ever. Pick a good time. Then, don't over think it man.. that's the common mistake, to think too much. You are thinking well you can't freestyle, right, so you need to think or you're stuck with uncomfortable pauses making you sound like a pervert or something, breathing to the phone like a .. psycho.

But it's not true. Don't let it get to you. The next time you think about calling her, go to the phone and call immidiately, if it's a good time. THis way you don't build up too much. So do it spontaneously. This way you come off better, trust me.

You don't have to start talking to her about gangstas and pimps, you know it'll go automatically, the talking. The idea is not to talk about the current world politics. If it goes that way, then go with the flow, if not, if it's short and she can't take the control of the discussion and talk to you good, then you take charge with something simple, something that is on your mind. Don't worry about saying anything stupid. When you worry, then you do. So don't worry, and if you say, then so what. I'm sure she's remotely nervous as well. IF she likes you that is.

So if there's nothing but an uncomfortable pause, then break the ice and say what is really on your mind. Like I'd suppose it could be 'so I decided to call you .. I hope it's ok!' And then she has to response. Hope for more than 'sure', because if she's a yes girl, it means it's difficult to talk to her when she's under the pressure.

So, then just listen, make her talk as much as possible, chicks love to talk about themselves so do that. You know imagine a situation where I'd live with you, and you'd come home from somewhere, right? I might ask you how your day was or I might not ask it. Either way, you don't think about it at all, that I'm not asking, showing interest, right? If I do ask, I most likely mumble what's up or something and you most likely say 'cool as mebbly mobblies' or something short like that. Because we're dudes. We don't really care about it too much, I don't care to know every single thing you did and what you said to someone and what that someone replied to it.

SO!!! my point is, chicks however are wired differently. If all fails you can always ask how her day was and turn on the ear blockers and eat something. So it relaly doesn't matter what you ask, as long as you 'show interest'. But avoid any type of 'intelligent' questions like 'so what is your stance on the nuclear profiliation in NK and particularly the possible 2 way talks. Would you rather see more participants, or US fronting, and why? Also how do you see EU in this situation'. You know, it bores chicas. THey just want to talk about themselves, not think complex issues because complex issues to chicks is if they should wear thongs or not.

SO don't think about it! Just be cool, be spontaneous. She won't think about it too much. If you can utter out some words, well that's cool and the norm. Just be yourself man, and if you feel too much pressure, think about the Sexy I create.. and try to emulate it.

yeah and depending on if she sounds interested or not, you know if she's not sounding like 'uhh I wish I never gave this number to him', then you should come up with a suggestion for further developments, if she doesn't.

Like 'so.. it's been nice talking to you and I was thinking maybe we should get together' and put an exact date because if you put 'some day' then it prolly never happens if it's a 50/50 situation. You need to put the puck on her corner so you can skate fast and ram at the end.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              Call her?
              Blinded by the obvious! I can't see! AAAAH!

But at least I can still type. Not all is lost.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                Arrange a lunch meeting in a public place. That way if she's a psycho-stalker you may have a chance to run away.

Wise man, that Spencer.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                  Eeeaaasy boy Purrhh Purrhhh

Now first of all, you don't know if she's nice. Second of all, you don't know if she likes you, how can she likes you if she doesn't really know you?

Don't let these words take you down though. It IS possible, besides those words do not exclude the option.

Anyways, just you know, hold them horses, I'lle xplain why. You will get some of that pressure off from your back when you take it little easier, right? So it'll be more easy for you to call her and meet her and all that good stuff.

Don't think this as Online Dating. When you call her, it's out of the internet then, right? So it counts as a 'real' thing. So don't worry, it's the normal stuff and you know how it goes.

When you call her, just pick a good time. Don't call late at night or early in the morning or the time she's most likely at school or where ever. Pick a good time. Then, don't over think it man.. that's the common mistake, to think too much. You are thinking well you can't freestyle, right, so you need to think or you're stuck with uncomfortable pauses making you sound like a pervert or something, breathing to the phone like a .. psycho.

But it's not true. Don't let it get to you. The next time you think about calling her, go to the phone and call immidiately, if it's a good time. THis way you don't build up too much. So do it spontaneously. This way you come off better, trust me.

You don't have to start talking to her about gangstas and pimps, you know it'll go automatically, the talking. The idea is not to talk about the current world politics. If it goes that way, then go with the flow, if not, if it's short and she can't take the control of the discussion and talk to you good, then you take charge with something simple, something that is on your mind. Don't worry about saying anything stupid. When you worry, then you do. So don't worry, and if you say, then so what. I'm sure she's remotely nervous as well. IF she likes you that is.

So if there's nothing but an uncomfortable pause, then break the ice and say what is really on your mind. Like I'd suppose it could be 'so I decided to call you .. I hope it's ok!' And then she has to response. Hope for more than 'sure', because if she's a yes girl, it means it's difficult to talk to her when she's under the pressure.

So, then just listen, make her talk as much as possible, chicks love to talk about themselves so do that. You know imagine a situation where I'd live with you, and you'd come home from somewhere, right? I might ask you how your day was or I might not ask it. Either way, you don't think about it at all, that I'm not asking, showing interest, right? If I do ask, I most likely mumble what's up or something and you most likely say 'cool as mebbly mobblies' or something short like that. Because we're dudes. We don't really care about it too much, I don't care to know every single thing you did and what you said to someone and what that someone replied to it.

SO!!! my point is, chicks however are wired differently. If all fails you can always ask how her day was and turn on the ear blockers and eat something. So it relaly doesn't matter what you ask, as long as you 'show interest'. But avoid any type of 'intelligent' questions like 'so what is your stance on the nuclear profiliation in NK and particularly the possible 2 way talks. Would you rather see more participants, or US fronting, and why? Also how do you see EU in this situation'. You know, it bores chicas. THey just want to talk about themselves, not think complex issues because complex issues to chicks is if they should wear thongs or not.

SO don't think about it! Just be cool, be spontaneous. She won't think about it too much. If you can utter out some words, well that's cool and the norm. Just be yourself man, and if you feel too much pressure, think about the Sexy I create.. and try to emulate it.

yeah and depending on if she sounds interested or not, you know if she's not sounding like 'uhh I wish I never gave this number to him', then you should come up with a suggestion for further developments, if she doesn't.

Like 'so.. it's been nice talking to you and I was thinking maybe we should get together' and put an exact date because if you put 'some day' then it prolly never happens if it's a 50/50 situation. You need to put the puck on her corner so you can skate fast and ram at the end.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Pekka is a God!
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

And single, girls!
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

When a woman gives you a phone number, she expects you to call her. So call her. Act confident, without being arrogant. Talk about your cats for a bit, but don't over do it. Arrange to meet someplace she can feel safe. Then go meet her.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                          And single, girls!
                          One wonders why women aren't betting a path to his door,
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

One maxim I've always lived by-

If a date occurs, always follow up by phoning her to thank her, or telling her as the date ends. Something along the lines of "Look- I really enjoyed seeing you tonight/yesterday". It's a good point to give your number, or suggest a second date, or whatever.
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                              One maxim I've always lived by-

If a date occurs, always follow up by phoning her to thank her, or telling her as the date ends. Something along the lines of "Look- I really enjoyed seeing you tonight/yesterday".
                              Same kind of advice works for job interviews, too.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X