Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Pbem Scenario Undertaking Assistance Needed

Ok

I am attempting to do my first real scenario outside my personal fun that is.

My first item I am tackling is due to the enormous map I am going to use, I have options of increasing happiness though base happiness or even the buildings give more happiness I was wondering if either say I built 25 Hospitals or maybe 25 Cathedrals could I make a SLIC function so maybe give an increase of say 2 Happiness across my whole civ?

How about once a civ builds them make it so that for 25 turns a civ gets a bonus then looses the bonus?

Just thinking aloud for some ideas

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Issues needing addressing:

I know distance from Capital is a biggie

so will be movement of troops (this is good for defense but not so good for offense)

Terrain penalties lessened so those whom dont have such great land have something as a bonus

these are just a few and will continue to look at more as days come forth

Gramps

Comment

Re: Epic Pbem Scenario Undertaking Assistance Needed

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
      My first item I am tackling is due to the enormous map I am going to use, I have options of increasing happiness though base happiness or even the buildings give more happiness I was wondering if either say I built 25 Hospitals or maybe 25 Cathedrals could I make a SLIC function so maybe give an increase of say 2 Happiness across my whole civ?
      You'd have to SLIC that. I'm not sure any more whether SLIC is powerful enough to do what you want - you'd have to investigate what SLIC functions you can find.

Comment

Re: Re: Epic Pbem Scenario Undertaking Assistance Needed

Originally posted by J Bytheway

You'd have to SLIC that. I'm not sure any more whether SLIC is powerful enough to do what you want - you'd have to investigate what SLIC functions you can find.
        Thanks for feedback..as I trust your valuable input

Options I am looking at would be

A)Increase overall happiness

B)Change Govt Happiness

C)Individual City Improvements better at Happiness additions

D)Lessen impacts of war and distance from capital unhappiness

I say I am "Investigating" as I dont want across the board make it ok to wage a war across the world but more so lessen the potential CTD (Crash To Desktop)

Ok..I am continuing onward

Gramps

Comment

Well, any of those changes should certainly be possible. Have fun .

Comment

Found the ai performed better so far through 30+ turns by making map smaller to a 200 X 400 Map..

Now to see what to do with the ai so I can slowly increase map size.

Gramps

Comment

i have thought about increasing overall happiness as well. for example a building or wonder that allows you to effectively exceed the city limit of your current government.
              i havent figured out a way yet. but i think it will require many if-condition checks in the SLIC files. you'd just need a SLIC command to boost a city's happiness, either each turn or once and for all. then you'd simply have that SLIC function be called each turn or whenever required.

please let me know when you have solved that issue or are making any progress.
              Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
              O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

Originally posted by Mathemagician
                i have thought about increasing overall happiness as well. for example a building or wonder that allows you to effectively exceed the city limit of your current government.
                i havent figured out a way yet. but i think it will require many if-condition checks in the SLIC files. you'd just need a SLIC command to boost a city's happiness, either each turn or once and for all. then you'd simply have that SLIC function be called each turn or whenever required.
                I have done a couple small alterations

1) Changed base happiness to 85

2) changed number of cities allowed in govt.txt (TOO_MANY_CITIES_THRESHOLD) from default to like 1000 so effectively I build as many as wanted

This has helped

I am early on in my scenario so will see as times passes

seems to be doing well so far

I am having to learn as I go about things like the military units

I plan on haveing a few massive wars going on

I decided to allow Modern era (plus cannons) to be available all game kinda like rebels not having tanks but allowing themselves some outdated weaponry type..

Ill keep posted though

Gramps

please let me know when you have solved that issue or are making any progress.

Comment

Working...
                X