EU bans symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Europeans wouldn't know the difference.
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
      Europeans wouldn't know the difference.
      Erm, some Europeans are Celts, and some are Buddhists.

And some are Celtic Buddhists.

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Really, to 'apolytonize' should be a real verb covering the action of, say, taking a headline such as 'EU considers Nazi symbols ban' and turning it into 'EU bans symbols'.

Additionally, there should be an OMG somewhere in the thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

Erm, some Europeans are Celts, and some are Buddhists.

And some are Celtic Buddhists.

Doesn't matter. The PC mafia bans all swastikas, no matter what they symbolise.
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
            Really, to 'apolytonize' should be a real verb covering the action of, say, taking a headline such as 'EU considers Nazi symbols ban' and turn into 'EU bans symbols'.

Additionally, there should be an OMG somewhere in the thread title.
            Pyrodrew's flag is the Stars and Stripes; ergo, any thread title of his containing 'E.U.' automatically becomes suspect, unless there's a definite signalled intention to 'epater les bourgeois', or some kind of ironic stance involved.

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Ehm, shouldn't people who want to ban swastika's have free speech too ?
              veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

I think there should be EU regulations how a swastika should look like to qualify as swastika
                Blah

Comment

I'm sure there already are.
                  CSPA

Comment

Oh My!

Originally posted by Monk
                    Really, to 'apolytonize' should be a real verb covering the action of, say, taking a headline such as 'EU considers Nazi symbols ban' and turning it into 'EU bans symbols'.
                    You caught me. I took MarkG's lead to 'apolytonize' the title after seeing his impressive 'apolytonize' work... "US Troops destroy (some) Babylon (artifacts/relics)". So I decided to try it once.

Pyrodrew's flag is the Stars and Stripes; ergo, any thread title of his containing 'E.U.' automatically becomes suspect, unless there's a definite signalled intention to 'epater les bourgeois', or some kind of ironic stance involved.
                    Such is the nature of Apolyton... so do not fret, the favor of suspicion is similiarly returned.

Additionally, there should be an (BANNED BY ORDER OF THE EUROPEAN UNION) somewhere in the thread title.
                    Impossible. The EU banned that abbreviation since it contains the G word - BANNED BY ORDER OF THE EUROPEAN UNION.

Comment

meh
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Re: Oh My!

Originally posted by Pyrodrew
                        You caught me. I took MarkG's lead to 'apolytonize' the title after seeing his impressive 'apolytonize' work... "US Troops destroy (some) Babylon (artifacts/relics)". So I decided to try it once.
                        Ah well, no harm done. Have a nice day.

Comment

Euros don't have free speech anyway. Close, but not unlimited.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Americans don't have free speech anyway. Close, but not unlimited.
                            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                              never gunna happen

Edit/ Although I'd be interested to see the public reaction in Britain if it's tried. How many people actually would fight for the right to free expression of something they loathed?
                              I will.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                                I agree BTW, that while Germany may have understandable and proper cause for upholding such a ban, the rest of Europe ought to stay clear of restrictions.
                                Except for Austria, of course. We have similar laws as the Germans, in some aspects even stricter Nazi-prohibition.
                                "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                                "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Working...
                                X