No announcement yet.

US Troops Destroy Babylon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between."
    - Oscar Wilde

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Eh, at this point whatever U.S./coalition forces do doesn't phase me.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Give them a break, they were only looking for the whore.

* astonished that none of Poly's other lame jokers had got in first.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

That's news? I know that for quite some time now. And lamentably, it's not only Babylon, but a good number of other archeological sites too.
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

"The significance of Babylon is not lost on the coalition," he added. "The site dates back to the time of Nebuchadnezzar's Babylon, but there are very few visible original remains to the untrained eye."

Babylon had been around for about a millennium and a half in the day of Nebuchadnezzar II, which is only of them this guy will have heard of.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
              In a situation where previously the Iraqis were led by a brutal maniac who murdered and tortured his own people, and today, and where today it is threatened by a fundamentalist fanatics who would like to set up a Taliban style state in Iraq, considerations over historical artifacts plae when considering everything else that is at stake.
              Funny you mention Talibans in this thread. One of the most internationally critizised actions by the Talibans was to blow the ancient "infidel" Buddha statues. Damaging Babylon by building a military base on it is on the same level.
              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

No one gives a **** about this. They just want to ***** at Americans.

Comment

DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
                    That's news? I know that for quite some time now. And lamentably, it's not only Babylon, but a good number of other archeological sites too.
                    And there are over 10,000 archeological sites in Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                      Eh, at this point whatever U.S./coalition forces do doesn't phase me.
                      phase
                      n.

1. A distinct stage of development: “The American occupation of Japan fell into three successive phases” (Edwin O. Reischauer).
                      2. A temporary manner, attitude, or pattern of behavior: just a passing phase.
                      3. An aspect; a part: every phase of the operation.
                      4. Astronomy. One of the cyclically recurring apparent forms of the moon or a planet.
                      5. Physics.
                      1. A particular stage in a periodic process or phenomenon.
                      2. The fraction of a complete cycle elapsed as measured from a specified reference point and often expressed as an angle.
                      6. Chemistry.
                      1. Any of the forms or states, solid, liquid, gas, or plasma, in which matter can exist, depending on temperature and pressure.
                      2. A discrete homogeneous part of a material system that is mechanically separable from the rest, as is ice from water.
                      7. Biology. A characteristic form, appearance, or stage of development that occurs in a cycle or that distinguishes some individuals of a group: the white color phase of a weasel; the swarming phase of locusts.

tr.v. phased, phas·ing, phas·es

1. To plan or carry out systematically by phases.
                      2. To set or regulate so as to be synchronized.

Comment

Lieutenant Colonel Steven Boylan, a US military spokes man in Baghdad, said engineering works at the camp were discussed with the head of the Babylon museum. "An archaeologist examined every construction initiative for its impact on historical ruins."
                        They discussed, they examined, but what did they say? Does ******* everyone in my government lie?

Comment

'faze'. Happy?
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                            Funny you mention Talibans in this thread. One of the most internationally critizised actions by the Talibans was to blow the ancient "infidel" Buddha statues. Damaging Babylon by building a military base on it is on the same level.
                            Actually that's what I thought of when I read this.

Comment

Out of all the things I displeased or upset about what the military has done, this has got to be the very least of my concerns. Kind of sad maybe but it's not enough to cause as much out pouring of emotion that caused Trajanus to fall into an elipetic fit. Perhaps the priorties of people are a bit skewed. Just like the Taliban blowing up the budda statues. It was sad but not really something I'll lose sleep over.
                              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                                'faze'. Happy?
                                No.

Comment

Working...
                                X