US Troops Destroy Babylon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sprayber
    No your point was to insult and not and bring anything to the conversation .
    If that was my point, I could have done a much better job of it, I would hope

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

If that was my point, I could have done a much better job of it, I would hope
      Come on. You enjoyed it. Its ok to admitt it.
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
        Hmmmmm....

I suppose you all are in favor of a stop order on all constuction projects in Europe, forever.

Whatever the damage the American's did, which apparenty was nothing more than covering things up with gravel and sand, it pails in comparison to the damage Archeologists inflict.

At least now future archeologists have something to dig up again
        Firstly, protecting historical buildings does not exclude new projects on other spaces.

Secondly, there's a slight difference between the random medieval house and the remains of the most important city in the cradle of civilization.

And thirdly, you cannot exactly compare smashing historical remains with tanks with systematic archaeological unearthings and preservation.

We already knew what to expect from a SOB like Saddam, from the US we (rightly) ought to expect better.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Come on. You enjoyed it. Its ok to admitt it.

Comment

Every army puts its graffiti on monuments. If you go to the Pyramids you can find Roman, French, British, Australian, you name it. Every army that ever was there.

Soldiers are like that. Not a good idea to put a camp there.
            Last edited by Alexander's Horse; January 17, 2005, 01:30.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
              and yet another layer is added to the heap. At this point they ought to just leave the base there, someday archaeologists will study the occupation of Iraq.

Finally, someone with a little prespective
              Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
              Every army puts its graffiti on monuments. If you go to the Pyramids you can find Roman, French, British, Australian, you name it. Every army that ever was there.

Soldiers are like that. Not a good idea to put a camp there.
              Continuing to make excuses for inexcusable behaviour

Recognizing that it was a bad idea to put a base there, no matter the publically-stated reason
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I'm not making excuses - dumb idea to put a camp there.

They probably did it as a p*ss on a tree thing.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I did give you a for the camp comment.
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                    Can someone explain to me the rationale behind using an ancient, precious city as a military base?

'I went to Eye-Rack and all I got me was a Gate of Ishtar!'

Well, clearly, insurgents might build catapults and hurl ancient lumps of clay at armoured personnel carriers.

I suspect the soldiers were having artificially induced 'Nam flashbacks, and believed they were on an a-Hue Day break.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• This is a ****ing outrage . Tortured civilians, murderous insurgents and barbarian occupiers can be replaced, Babylon cannot. The only thing history will remember of this ill-fated exercise in American Machiaveillism and military/patriotic stupidity will be the defiling of this site and the complete ****-up of the Middle East and West-Islam relations for generations to come .
                      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon
                        Incompetence is not an excuse. (even though this administration seems to have different ideas about it)
                        Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Of course it is.
                        Yeah, well you would say that. It's your life excuse.
                        Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

• Originally posted by Thorgal
                          Erm... HyperevilSadamwhojustifiesallatrocitiesthatwedo didnt bulldozed babylon ruins since it was an iraqi national symbol for him. In fact there were occidental archeologist studing there during those works and there were no protests as far as i know.
                          Tell me that after you've been there. The site was extensively bulldozed and concrete monstrocities were constructed to build a tacky "babylon" for western tourists to visit. The problem is it didn't really catch on in the 70's then the war in the 80's happened then the wars & sanctions of the 90's happened so the place never took off the way the Iraqi government wanted it too.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• So the US-Troops have fulfilled their holy duty,
                            to destroy the Whore Babylon once and for all
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Well, I'm not surprised. Dumb USAF bombed Pompeii in WW2.

Perhaps they're jealous of other cultures?
                              Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                              "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

• They're like an ignorant, belligerant teenager having Christian intercourse with a bull in a china shop
                                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Working...
                                X