• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Yr Old Beats, Rapes Toddler

Boy charged in tot killing: Prosecutors: 12-year-old beat, raped 3-year-old
    By O’Ryan Johnson and Laura Crimaldi
    Wednesday, January 12, 2005

A Springfield mother rushed home from an out-of-town family emergency in time to watch her 3-year-old son die from injuries sustained in a brutal beating and rape at the hands of a 12-year-old boy, prosecutors and the Department of Social Services said.
    The 12-year-old Springfield boy has been charged with murdering and raping Jeremy Rosario Milan, who died Dec. 19.
    Prosecutors refused to identify the 12-year-old due to his age. He is scheduled to be arraigned in Springfield Juvenile Court today.
    Hampden District Attorney William Bennett said Jeremy died after being hospitalized two days earlier with several bruises and a severe head injury.

Department of Social Services spokeswoman Denise Monteiro said the toddler's mother had been called out of town on an emergency and left her four children in the care of various relatives.
    Prosecutors said someone at the house called 911 Dec. 17 and told Springfield police Jeremy had fallen, hit his head and stopped breathing.

Monteiro said paramedics took him - still unconscious - to Bay State Medical Center, where he was listed in critical condition.
    Monteiro said the boy's mother returned from the family emergency in time to see her son die.
    The 12-year-old was charged with assaulting the little boy and pleaded innocent to the crime in Juvenile Court on Dec. 20. He has been held since then on $10,000 bail in the custody of the state Department of Youth Services.

Prosecutors said according to a preliminary autopsy report, Jeremy died from blunt force trauma to the brain.
    Bennett would not give many details about what happened but said Jeremy had been raped at least twice and beaten several times between Dec. 11 and Dec. 17.

Assistant District Attorney Brett J. Vottero said authorities do not believe any other victims fell prey to the 12-year-old boy.
    Alan Black, the 12-year-old's lawyer, did not return a phone call requesting comment.
    Under state law, juveniles convicted of murder can be held in state custody only until the age of 21.

----

What kind of monster do you have to be to do this?

That's messed up ...
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

sick

hopefully they can do something with this kid that will make him a somewhat normal member of society by the time he turns 21...

of course, they could find him incompetent and try to civilliy commit him forever, speaking as someone wholly unfamiliar with Mass laws.

Comment

I shouldn't have clicked on this thread.

Comment

How come when a woman cuts of her kids arms, the Poly thread is about women being inherently crazy; but when a 12-year-old boy does something like this, we don't talk about males being inherently sick, or evil, or something?
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Because that's common knowledge.

Comment

So is the women are crazy bit.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

He's only 12 years old, thats a long life to live, and it will be a very long time for this person to spend in prison.
                  "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Maybe one day he'll become a priest.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

He must have reached puberty early, considering he is only twelve and raped someone.

Comment

What do you do with humans when their brains become so cross-wired as to do something like this?

It's hard not to feel that he should be in prision for the rest of his natural life. Sorry, at 12, I had NO IDEA what sex was, how to have sex, or anything. Killing someone? I wouldn't know how. Hurting a baby, it never crossed my mind once in my entire life.

This kid KNEW how to do sex, and did it to a little baby, and then killed the baby? jeez. Honestly, is there any hope whatsoever for someone who would do that?
                        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I knew about sex at like 9.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

So did I.

Comment

but I'm assuming you didn't rape a baby and then kill it.
                              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Working...
                              X