Limiting City placement/terrain specific cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks J,

I think an easier way has been to avoid addressing the unit at all and add something like:

Code:
    	if (g_theWorld->GetCell(pos)->GetScore() == 0) {
    		score = 0;
    	}
    that way if the player wants to limit movement they should just reset terrain they don't want then to settle on to Zero, and the AI based on goals and strategies will stil settle near these squares (depending in thesettle score)

this ought to be easier than editing in the units.txt AND terrain.txt AND AI.txt. Instad just modify the terrain score.

well, in theory I still have to test it.
    thanks for the help.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by E
      Well this is a VERY old thread but since my can settle on code also appears to be affected I notice that the Ai just sits settlers in places it cant build if you simply remove original activision stuff like settle:mountain. So its an AI bug. I tried to mess with scores but it still doesnt solve it because the scores just calculate the whole area and not the center the square SO I havent compiled or tested this yet but taking stuff from above I'm thinking of doing this:
      Yes indeed it is an AI bug, because you forgot to modify the AI code that determines the settle targets. So you have to find the place where the AI figures out that that certian type of terrain is mountain and that the settler in question can't settle on mountain. There you have to add your own logic.

Messing around with the settle score is a stupid idea, the settle score is unit independent and that with good reason. For instance you can have two kinds of settler units in a game a settler unit that can settler only on mountian and a settler unit that can only settle on plains. Now what want you to do setting the terrain score for both types on zero? Of course not. You have to modify the way the AI selects the settle targets.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
      X