Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hotmail and .sav files - anyone else with this problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotmail and .sav files - anyone else with this problem?

Although they still haven't upgraded me to more than the crappy 2MB space I've had since I started my Hotmail account in 1999 or whenever it was, I still use Hotmail as an account name to give whenever I need to sign up somewhere on the Net - essentially a spam address, as I gather what many others use it for.

However, I have used it for PBEMs for some time as well, and recently I have noticed some changes to Hotmail - cosmetic only, I thought. As if to SPITE me, upon attempting to download a .sav attached to an email, I found that Hotmail considered it an 'unknown virus', thus preventing me from downloading it, forwarding it somewhere else so I CAN download it, or even changing any settings so I COULD do either of these things. WTF is this about? If a file extension isn't recognised it's an 'unknown virus' by proxy now?

Goddamn Hotmail. I wrote and complained. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Yes, this bug has been known for a week or so. You cannot receive .SAV's that are >100kb. You will need to zip them. It's related to their new McAfee Virus scanner upgrade. You will need to zip your .SAV's

Or, you could get a nice GMail account from me I have nine invites left for any lost HotMail souls that may need them.
    "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
    -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Thanks punkbass, I didn't realise you could get more than 6 invites at once, which is what I always seem to have. Yep, I have a gmail account already, and most of my saves go there, and I GUESS it would be possible to get the address for the MZODG changed, but it sounds like too much of a hassle. I'd rather moan to hotmail first and see if they upgrade my account.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

You need invites for gmail? I thought I signed up for one on my own ...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
          Thanks punkbass, I didn't realise you could get more than 6 invites at once, which is what I always seem to have. Yep, I have a gmail account already, and most of my saves go there, and I GUESS it would be possible to get the address for the MZODG changed, but it sounds like too much of a hassle. I'd rather moan to hotmail first and see if they upgrade my account.
          They give more invites to the users that they like
          "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
          -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

I use hotmail hooked up to Outlook, I don't seem to suffer from this problem, although I know people who do.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
            X