Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silent and Quiet PBEM - Sign Up thread (Shut Up And Play PBEM format)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent and Quiet PBEM - Sign Up thread (Shut Up And Play PBEM format)

Tired of that endless diplo negotiation ? Your mail and PM box overflowing with "trade proposals" ? If so - here is a game for you !

Game where no diplo contact whatsoever is allowed outside the game : just what you can offer in the diplo menu.

I was thinking maybe :

4 players
    Small map, pangaea.
    SGL disabled
    No AGRI civs
    Diff level : Emperor (to make Lux worth something)
    Everything else random
    Player can ask for restart in case really bad start position (eg. tundra, or alone on small island.)

Anything else ? Suggestions are welcome

Players :
    Code:
    Player       Zone               Mail                     Civ

Conqueror    GMT+2  conqueror ATT mbnet DOTT fi        Chinese 
    jshelr              jshelruss ATT yahoo DOTT com       Egypt
    UnOrthOdOx                                             Random ?
    Beta         GMT-5
    ALL PLAYER SLOTS TAKEN - SIGN UPS CLOSED
    Last edited by Conqueror; December 24, 2004, 07:08.

I'll give it a go.

Random if we're pickin civs.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Great ! 1 more and we are set.
      Random civ suits me too, i think thats best way to go ? I have no objections to picking civs either, as long as no AGRI civs are involved

Comment

I'm in.

A silent pbem with Uno and Beta in it. Will it last?
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I'm Ok with random - but I prefer your idea of choosing, with agri civs not allowed.

I suggest we choose in the order we signed up - Conqeror, jshelr, Uno, then Beta.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I'll choose the Chinese then.

What turn order do you prefer ? You are all from US i presume (Beta's flag is not visibe atm), so you are propably quite close on time zones.

I am GMT+2 and prefer to play my turns 18-01 my time, that would be 16-23 GMT time.

Comment

Silent is best for me since my personality turns off my alleged allies

give me the maya if we are selecting civs. otherwise, random is great.

edit: no ag civs is a good idea. too powerful

how bout egypt?

what's a good turn order? (I currently send 25 pbems to beta as the next player)
              Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

I am in Toronto, Canada, at GMT-5. I can play for about an hour in the morning around 7-8 am eastern standard time, and then again from 6-10 pm in the evening.

The only decision is between j, Uno and me. This should be a fairly straightforward one-turn-a-day game.

j - you can't pick Maya. They are agricultural. So you get Egypt.

Uno - China and Egypt are gone. Your choice.

Comment

Maybe UnO still wishes to use random, even we choose ? If so, i have no objection to that.

BtW. In our current 'builders' game, me and jshelr agreed on NOT to build SoZ because its such a game killer in some cases. And NOT to steal techs from other player, just because its too easy and quite lame way to keep up in tech.

Anyone object badly if we implement such rules in this game too ?

I'm leaving now to my father's to eat up some christmas food and swap few presents , but i'll be back sometime in the evening, and will check this thread again.

Comment

I may be in NA, but I am online at ODD times. Probably be best I be last/first of the NA folks.

"BUILDERS" game?!

THERE'S FOOD NAZI'S here?

I don't care on civ personally, surprise me.
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I don't care on civ personally, surprise me.
                      Ok. you'll have random, then

Once Beta has chosen his civ, i'll start the game.

/edit: as UnO wants to be the first or last of NA, lets swap him and Beta, and that could be good order ?

1. Conq
                      2. jshelr
                      3. Beta
                      4. UnO

?

Comment

Germans, please.

I am in agreement that the SoZ is not allowed. (now, with that, I'll probably get the ivory. )

Conq - with Uno as a random civ - you will need to check that he did not get an agri civ.

And the play order looks fine.

Comment

Save sent to jshelr and Tracker thread created to the subforum.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
                            I am in agreement that the SoZ is not allowed. (now, with that, I'll probably get the ivory. )
                            That is good. I hope UnO agrees also.

Conq - with Uno as a random civ - you will need to check that he did not get an agri civ.
                            He ended up as Babylon. Not a bad civ. I was fearing he'd get England or Korea, that would have sucked

Comment

Originally posted by Conqueror

He ended up as Babylon. Not a bad civ. I was fearing he'd get England or Korea, that would have sucked
                              Yup - the Babs are good.

Thanks for starting this up Conq.

Comment

Working...
                              X