This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solver
    Martin made a mistake with his link. The following link works for me. Unzip the two files into your system folder.

http://apolyton.net/forums/attachmen...postid=3466464
    The link should work now from my post as well. And by the way the only mistake I did was to copy it from initial Maq's post without checking. So Maq you should fix it as well.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Fixed it and updated the first post with the latest playtest.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I get a message I cant seem to quite understand...

We cannot affourd to support so many military unit"s, sir. If you end your turn now, our military leader will brn forced to disband units. Would you still like to end your turn?"

The Empire manager looks like this:

Production
        30%

Collected: 6150
        --
        Crime: 181
        Unit Upkeep: 1954
        --
        City Use: 2233
        Public Works: 1782

I'm collecting 6150 and Unit Upkeep is only 1954 how can I then get the message that I cant support them all?
        Might not be a bug but only me not to well know with the game tho..

Comment

Originally posted by Qumad Al-Riyf
          I get a message I cant seem to quite understand...

We cannot affourd to support so many military unit"s, sir. If you end your turn now, our military leader will brn forced to disband units. Would you still like to end your turn?"
          Hmm... The calculation is fairly fuzzy and includes a safety factor, but even that scarcely accounts for this large discrepancy. Perhaps there's a mistake in the accounting somewhere. IIRC the calculation for that message is done in a completely different place from the calculation for the actual unit upkeep (the code is full of silliness like that...), so it's possible some change to one failed to reach the other.

Comment

I always get that message when I leave my Public Works at 100% for more than a turn, it gets annoying after a while so I turn it off.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

I think you may still have too many units (your amount might actually be more than 1954, but thats all it can take out of what you collected). then again the AI may have franchises in your cities steal production.

But if thats the case I think this is another instance where we should add more fields to the details. (I'd like to to see fields that showed lose to franchise, gain from franchise, same with other gold stuff just to get a feel about where my stuff is coming and going)
              Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Dont think that it's more than 1954 as I'm pretty sure (cant remember now thow, havent had those messages in some decades) that if I pressed the Military Commander (or what ever) it said that the Unit Upkeep was the same as it was stated in the Empire manager.

Comment

Has anyone played any mods with the playtest. A while back I tried Conquest but it didnt work.

Comment

Originally posted by Protra3211
                    Has anyone played any mods with the playtest. A while back I tried Conquest but it didnt work.
                    Maybe you should be a little bit more specific about what did not work. I loaded and tested a save game from that mod in question and it did work and after some debugging also the Great Leader optaining stuff worked.

-Martin

Comment

• Thank You Martin

I think it was because I used a early playtest. I believe the lastest one has been modified for most mods like Conquest . The mod Conquest would not work at all but would crash when I try to play . A line came on screen MAX MATCH LIST CYCLES NOT FOUND
                      Will try again with new playtest thanks Martin.
                      Have been palying the mod without playtest and its a very active game. New units are great along with the new info screen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Protra3211
                        I think it was because I used a early playtest. I believe the lastest one has been modified for most mods like Conquest . The mod Conquest would not work at all but would crash when I try to play . A line came on screen MAX MATCH LIST CYCLES NOT FOUND
                        You just could have asked how to fix this, actual it was just adding a line to the const.txt of CTC.

-Martin

Comment

• Possible terraform bug...

I just downloaded, installed, and started my first game with the Playtest build this morning, so forgive me if this is something covered elsewhere in the forums or the readme...I've skimmed, but haven't read everything, yet. To get to the point, I noticed that it wasn't possible to terraform grassland into prairie, to improve production. Is this a bug, or has the ability simply been tied to an advance, as many other terraform options are?
                          Aside from this, I haven't noticed any problems, and have enjoyed the game. Since I'm not a particularly good player (even against the original AI), my games will probably last well into the modern ages, so hopefully I will uncover any problems better players would miss!

BTW, would someone please point me toward the thread that contains directions on turning on the "logging" function, so if I do manage to break something, I'll have useful info to send?
                          Thanks for all the hard work, folks!

Comment

• Re: Possible terraform bug...

Originally posted by demon59
                            I just downloaded, installed, and started my first game with the Playtest build this morning, so forgive me if this is something covered elsewhere in the forums or the readme...I've skimmed, but haven't read everything, yet. To get to the point, I noticed that it wasn't possible to terraform grassland into prairie, to improve production. Is this a bug, or has the ability simply been tied to an advance, as many other terraform options are?
                            Well done you found a feature, rather than a bug. It was changed to prevent the (unrealistic) mass-terraforming used by the human to maximize production. You can terraform grassland to plains at Agricultural Revolution but will remove roads and basic farms already there.

Comment

• I thought that might be the case, since the terraform window only offered the single terraform, instead of the three from the original game. Just getting started with the Playtest build, so forgive any further false alarms.

Comment

• Heres a full list of the changes made to the terrain:

Comment

Working...
                                X