Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging can be done by going into ctp2_program\ctp\userprofile.txt, looking for the EnableLogs option and making sure it is yes.
    Caution! Under no circumstances confuse the mesh with the interleave operator, except under confusing circumstances!
    -Intercal reference manual

People often remark of me, "You say sorry far to much!". To which my common-sense reply is "I apologise".

Comment

• Thanks again Martin !

I downloded the latest playtest with new dill files. Then zipped in Conquest mod everything worked fine.

Some notes on the playtest . The AI to AI seems to have some changes. It takes longer for them to consider a cease fire. Before it was around 20 turns now it takes some times around 50. Also depends on personality profile more aggresive ones fight it out longer.The AI is at times is sending boats loaded with at least 3 units . Landing them and then reloading them . I still feel the AI should build more units itwas easy to keep up. But I only played 250 turns and its my first game with this playtest so have to play loger to compare with others.

Comment

• Forgot something . Was at war a civ with a Ceaser personality.I could not get a cease fire so I tried to bribe them with a gift of a hundred gold . This didnt work.
        But now they have faith in me must be a bug

Comment

• I noticed a small bug on the scenario editor, the buttons for placing an Asian style city and Arabian style city are switched.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
            I noticed a small bug on the scenario editor, the buttons for placing an Asian style city and Arabian style city are switched.
            Fortunatly this was just a problem in the gl_str.txt. While I was correcting this I figured out that the strings about city styles and ages were missing from the French gl_str.txt, fortunatly I already had these strings together to add them in French.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• NM
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Hope this isn't another "feature"...

I'm enjoying the playtest build, so far. Noticed one small cosmetic (no effect on play) bug. When you get notice window for new government type, the government name is missing. Also wonder about rest of text being white on an almost white background (my eyes aren't what they used to be). Buttons still work correctly, as noted, so no real effect on game. See attached image for clarification.
                Great work, people! Much appreciated!

(Never "attached" before...hope this works!)
                Attached Files

Comment

• Hi demon 59

This playtest seems to have the AI building more cities along with more improvements .
                  But the ai needs to build more units to beef up their attacks. After 200 turns most ai factions only have around 50 units.
                  Diplomacy has been good at times. Have had the ai ask 400 gold if I wanted them to leave my land.
                  Have seen the ai patrol my waters more than before so as to keep me hemed in .
                  I will wait till I find a bug before posting again. Just wanted to see if anyone has played a full game yet.

Comment

• Re: Hope this isn't another "feature"...

Originally posted by demon59
                    I'm enjoying the playtest build, so far. Noticed one small cosmetic (no effect on play) bug. When you get notice window for new government type, the government name is missing. Also wonder about rest of text being white on an almost white background (my eyes aren't what they used to be). Buttons still work correctly, as noted, so no real effect on game. See attached image for clarification.
                    Actual a bug not a feature, of course some people mix this up. However this problem is already known.

Originally posted by demon59
                    I will wait till I find a bug before posting again. Just wanted to see if anyone has played a full game yet.
                    Well that's the problem here, if noone posts that everything is allright how should we know it.

However I would like to know how MP works, if at all.

-Martin

Comment

• The AI still doesn't withdraw units when a "Withdraw Units" agreement is reached, nor does a message pop up about treaty violation when they don't. I think it's just not monitoring units already within the territory or something.

Comment

• on mods... some menu text doesnt appear, specificly the select civ (color) missing test can get annoying if sb wants to play a mod in a specific color
                        Last edited by HuangShang; April 11, 2005, 22:02.

Comment

• Ah, let me correct myself: The "Request -> Withdraw Units" diplomacy action sets the PLAYER up with a withdraw agreement, not the AI, apparently. I haven't checked if "Offer -> Withdraw" does the opposite, but I will check it out when I fire up CTP2 again.

Comment

• I noticed during combat, that once I use the bombard command, the units will continue to do so for several turns, unless I cancel orders before I end the turn.
                            Question: Is a settler supposed to give a population increase if disbanded within a city, or just production gain like other units?

Comment

• o ya, i hope settlers can disband in the next playtest, i've recently played a game on a tiny map, but ended up having so many settlers that have nothing to do

Comment

• Originally posted by HuangShang
                                on mods... some menu text doesnt appear, specificly the select civ (color) missing test can get annoying if sb wants to play a mod in a specific color
                                I don't update mods, especilly those that are going to be an integral part of the source code project like GoodMod, the only mod with a modified ldl_str.txt. If you don't like the missing text, go to your ..\ctp2_data\english\gamedata\ directory and open there the GM1_APOL_Strings.txt with any text editor of your choice and remove of some of the file names the prefixes, in particular ldl_str.txt and info_str.txt as well, gl_str.txt has some incompatibilites left, but is a candidate in the next playtest version. I think there are any problems with civ_str.txt.

And of course afterwards you should do a slic reload.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                                X