Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody seen the combo box in slic messages I noticed it when I was doing a bit of slic but every time I hit submit it crashed.
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

On the date issue: it is not as bad as I thought. The executable is correctly displaying the last modification date, but is using GMT as time zone.

So, we only need to update the change log text, and have to be careful when releasing between 0:00 and 1:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Fromafar
        On the date issue: it is not as bad as I thought. The executable is correctly displaying the last modification date, but is using GMT as time zone.
        In this case it ok.

So, we only need to update the change log text, and have to be careful when releasing between 0:00 and 1:00.
        Why updating the change log I released the playtest on the 5th in both time zones GMT and CET.

But another question to all, the game now in a state so that we can now advertise it? And if yes, who is going to write the news item for our civ group news.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Yes, I'd say we need some advertising. I think we need to have a readme advertising all the work displayed too (cant recall if there was one with the new build and its not here at work)
          Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by E
            Yes, I'd say we need some advertising. I think we need to have a readme advertising all the work displayed too (cant recall if there was one with the new build and its not here at work)
            Of course I updated the readme, but I would like to see here someone who tested the latest playtest writing a little news item for our civ group so that everyone knows at Apolyton that there is a new playtest.

-Martin

Comment

I haven't played a full game yet, but I think Maq has
              Last edited by Ekmek; March 9, 2005, 14:22.

Comment

I havent finished, its upto 358 turns, but doesnt look like finishing soon, even if i try for a diplo-victory.

Ill write something anyway once i finish it, as a report, and news item if its not too negative.

But another question to all, the game now in a state so that we can now advertise it? And if yes, who is going to write the news item for our civ group news.
                I would say its not in a state to advertise because of the long pauses (nothing more than civ3 though) late in the game and the repeating orders problem i mentioned. Perhaps the long pauses wouldnt be so bad if the sound of a moving unit in my vision didnt repeat while that civ was moving its other units elsewhere under the fog of war.
                Last edited by Maquiladora; March 9, 2005, 14:43.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

True, it has issues, but a little publicity might bring more testers an hopefully more programmers, let them know the project hasn't died. I'd recommend making the news item at Civfanatics too (even if its just a thread).

Comment

There are plenty of positives but the negatives are really noticeable things, definitely more so than the improvements, especially to someone new to the playtest.

But of course it can serve as a general update and as you said show its still going and steps forward have been made, but not necessarily an advertisement for people looking for the complete civ game... yet.
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                      Why updating the change log I released the playtest on the 5th in both time zones GMT and CET.
                      Because the change log states that the file creation date is displayed, which is not true.

But another question to all, the game now in a state so that we can now advertise it?
                      Not really. As indicated by others, the delays are still too long. I think we should investigate the impact of the "subtask" changes by Calvitix, and also improve the <-operator to become anti-symmetric at least. I do not have much confidence in the result and speed of a sorting algorithm with the current operator.

Comment

Because the change log states that the file creation date is displayed, which is not true.
                        I see and at least I have updated the version I have posted in this thread.

Not really. As indicated by others, the delays are still too long. I think we should investigate the impact of the "subtask" changes by Calvitix, and also improve the <-operator to become anti-symmetric at least. I do not have much confidence in the result and speed of a sorting algorithm with the current operator.
                        I suggested here a new version of the operator. However it seems to me that the speed of the sorting algorithm is not too badly influenced by that operator. So the subtask stuff and the other changed should be investigated. Unfortunatly can't find his name in every file he modified, so I overlooked some of his changes.

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                        Perhaps the long pauses wouldnt be so bad if the sound of a moving unit in my vision didnt repeat while that civ was moving its other units elsewhere under the fog of war.
                        Well this reminds me of this problem, maybe it is unrelated:
                        "Always terminate a unit's sound effects when it dies"

The other issure seems again be related to the AI transport problem. Indeed in my test game only those AIs are effected that have to transport a lot of units. At least they now move their units to another continent, but I have the feeling that they could better, fill their transports, unite their forces on the other continent before attack. And focus on one city. Well this would be also a good idea for cities on the same continent.

However I think we need a newsitem. But of course the question is how should it look like.

-Martin

Comment

I suggested here a new version of the operator. However it seems to me that the speed of the sorting algorithm is not too badly influenced by that operator. So the subtask stuff and the other changed should be investigated. Unfortunatly can't find his name in every file he modified, so I overlooked some of his changes.
                          Since I've put things into version control, I can easily provide you with diffs detailing exactly what he changed, and in which files. If that would help, just ask.

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
                            Since I've put things into version control, I can easily provide you with diffs detailing exactly what he changed, and in which files. If that would help, just ask.
                            That would be great unfortunatly I won't have the time to look into it for the next week, therefore you should post it in the Army Movement thread so that others have a chance to look into it as well.

-Martin

Comment

Re: Re: PROJECT: Playest III

I downloaded the 2004.03.05.CTP2.Playtest.rar file and the .NET compiler.
                              I installed the .NET compiler and CTP2 worked fine.
                              Then I installed the playtest in the main CTP2 folder and when I try to rin the game I get this message:
                              "
                              CTP2.exe - Unable To Localate DLL

The dynamic library MSVCP70.dll could not be found in the specifid path
                              D:\Games\CALLTO~1\CTP2_P~1\CTP;.;C:\WINNT\system32 ;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WIN NT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem.

[OK]
                              "

Well it is time for a new playtest. It is again a .NET build so these these instructions are still valid:

quote:
                              Do I need any additional files to make the playtest work?

It is a build created with the .NET compiler. Therefore you need the .NET runtime environment to run the *.exe.
                              If you dont already have it it is avalaible at windows update or here.
                              Or at least you need those two dlls if you don't want to install the .NET runtime.
                              When folowing that link I get to a page that tells me the following:
                              "No input file specified."

So that dident work ether, any idea?

Comment

Martin made a mistake with his link. The following link works for me. Unzip the two files into your system folder.

Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                                X