This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fugi the Great
    When you have a city set at building Infrastructure from the previous turn, then set it to something like a building or whatnot, can not Rush Buy production, only get a ---, a reason for this??

That's simple you can't rush by infrastructure or capitalisation. So was it in the patched version and therefore we added it as well. And where is the sense in it to buy Infrastructure if it is supposed to convert your production into public works.
    Originally posted by Fugi the Great
    AI cities either having trouble with happiness or something like that because there was a time where it seems where one of the civs conquered 10 other civs, one every other turn, this was just not possible (too big). Too many revolts by misadjusted sliders or neighbor AI spy intervention?

AI ever heard of Terraforming? Middle of the desert, size 19 city, 13 of them are farmers, production is at a standstill, extremely low efficiency.
    Probably both problems are related to the sliders, I know the AI has problems there.

-Martin
    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 26, 2005, 10:58.
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

When you have a city set at building Infrastructure from the previous turn, then set it to something like a building or whatnot, can not Rush Buy production, only get a ---, a reason for this??

That's simple you can't rush by infrastructure or capitalisation. So was it in the patched version and therefore we added it as well. And where is the sense in it to buy Infrastructure if it is supposed to convert your production into public works.

I hope that wasn't the only reason you are giving for this. Production was left that way from last turn, so I am changing it this turn to something else, maybe a shrine or whatever, there should no reason why I can't rush buy this. Ignore the production of Infrastructure from last turn, it's already spent or should be in the Public Works "bank" if you will. I can rush buy for a new city that I just built this turn, so I should be able to do it from a city that has been in existence for centuries. I of course expect to pay full price for it to rush buy it to get it next turn, there should not be any carry over of Infrastructure to the next turn still within the city's production queue or whatever you call it, or if there is then the unit, structure, or whatever I want to build should be partially constructed already like you get when you change production to something else (shrine to factory...). Just because it was in the Patch doesn't make it correct, after all, how many patches did they have to make to get it so the program actually worked and didn't crash? My 2 cents worth.
      What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
      Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• Here is a flat map 60*167 (dont ask, but it needs to be this size), there is a problem with placing cities on either right or left edge, as you can see the national and city border wraps around. This doesnt happen on the default maps which are 1:2 ratio and doesnt happen on the alexander map, which is 98, 112.

I wont go into details of the map since its easy to test and see, but basically because theres two X0 coordinaties on this map, the correct one in the top left corner going down SE line and the second one starting 60 down and going SE, and everything below the second X0 line (shown below) wraps the national/city borders.

Is there any way i can fix this without losing my map?
        Attached Files
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Speaking of Maps. I've started a couple of new games on gigantic map and it has been turning into THOUSANDS of islands only one or two squares big and maybe one big continent. I try a post a screen shot to show it, but there is no ocean, the mini map is just a ton of tan dots. Did I do something wrong in a setting?
          Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Game crashed to desktop, reloaded autosave, played a turn and then crashed at the same point. crash.txt:

0x00771251 [?Remove_Agent_Reference@Plan@@QAE_NABVconst_iterat or@?$list@PAVAgent@@V?$allocator@PAVAgent@@@std@@@ std@@@Z + 0x11]
            0x0077cdc8 [?Remove_Agent@Squad@@QAE?AVconst_iterator@?$list@P AVAgent@@V?$allocator@PAVAgent@@@std@@@std@@ABV234 @AB_N@Z + 0x28]
            0x0077cd6d [?Remove_Dead_Agents@Squad@@QAEFXZ + 0x3d]
            0x007724fc [?Process_Squad_Changes@Scheduler@@QAE?AW4TIME_SLIC E_STATE@1@XZ + 0x2c]
            0x0078e55e [?GEVHookCallback@CtpAi_BeginSchedulerEvent@@EAE?AW 4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGam eEventArgList@@@Z + 0x4e]
            0x00571444 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@AAJ@Z + 0x34]
            0x00571e22 [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@AAJ@Z + 0x22]
            0x005701be [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAH@Z + 0x3e]
            0x00571b88 [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@ XZ + 0x88]
            0x0040c41a [?Process@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0x20a]
            0x00406f4e [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x39e]
            0x00406a05 [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
            0x007b3dac [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
            0x77e814c7 [__onexitbegin + 0x7736724f]

Reloaded autosave, removed fog with cheat mode to see if anything was acting weird, that turn finished with no problem, next turn no problem, so I turned the fog back on. Couple of turns later had another crash to desktop, ctp.exe still running in background using 99% CPU, 162 megs of memory, music was still playing though. Crash.txt:

0x00771251 [?Remove_Agent_Reference@Plan@@QAE_NABVconst_iterat or@?$list@PAVAgent@@V?$allocator@PAVAgent@@@std@@@ std@@@Z + 0x11]
            0x0077cdc8 [?Remove_Agent@Squad@@QAE?AVconst_iterator@?$list@P AVAgent@@V?$allocator@PAVAgent@@@std@@@std@@ABV234 @AB_N@Z + 0x28]
            0x0077cd6d [?Remove_Dead_Agents@Squad@@QAEFXZ + 0x3d]
            0x007724fc [?Process_Squad_Changes@Scheduler@@QAE?AW4TIME_SLIC E_STATE@1@XZ + 0x2c]
            0x0078e55e [?GEVHookCallback@CtpAi_BeginSchedulerEvent@@EAE?AW 4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGam eEventArgList@@@Z + 0x4e]
            0x00571444 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@AAJ@Z + 0x34]
            0x00571e22 [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@AAJ@Z + 0x22]
            0x005701be [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAH@Z + 0x3e]
            0x00571b88 [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@ XZ + 0x88]
            0x0040c41a [?Process@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0x20a]
            0x00406f4e [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x39e]
            0x00406a05 [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
            0x007b3dac [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
            0x77e814c7 [__onexitbegin + 0x7736724f]

Looks exactly the same. Hope this helps someone.

Darn, just when I was gong to annex the southern part of the island and secure my southern flank so I could focus my attention on #2 in the northern part. Almost looks like the computer knows it can't win anymore so it just aborts the game.

Oh, this is on turn 538, or 1938 AD.
            Last edited by Fugi the Great; May 25, 2005, 20:49.
            Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• A Wild Guess

Originally posted by Maquiladora
              Here is a flat map 60*167 .....
              Do maps dimensions need to be even? If you had used 166 or 168 would your problems have occurred?
              Last edited by Flinx; May 25, 2005, 23:39.
              ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
              "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
              Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

• Yes, sort of...

Originally posted by E
                Speaking of Maps. I've started a couple of new games on gigantic map and it has been turning into THOUSANDS of islands only one or two squares big and maybe one big continent. I try a post a screen shot to show it, but there is no ocean, the mini map is just a ton of tan dots. Did I do something wrong in a setting?
                Old problem that exists in the original game, the map generator breaks down if the map dimensions are too large.
                ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
                "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
                Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

• Re: A Wild Guess

Originally posted by Flinx
                  Do maps dimensions need to be even? If you had used 166 or 168 would your problems have occurred?
                  Yeah, i tested 60*168, same thing.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Small bug: when you change the #empires to lower than 3 the button only shows as low as three.

edit: or rather, even when you set it to 2 the lowest in-game is 3. We should be able to set it to at the lowest 2 though, for PBEM duels for example.
                    Last edited by Maquiladora; May 26, 2005, 05:00.

Comment

I hope that wasn't the only reason you are giving for this. Production was left that way from last turn, so I am changing it this turn to something else, maybe a shrine or whatever, there should no reason why I can't rush buy this. Ignore the production of Infrastructure from last turn, it's already spent or should be in the Public Works "bank" if you will. I can rush buy for a new city that I just built this turn, so I should be able to do it from a city that has been in existence for centuries. I of course expect to pay full price for it to rush buy it to get it next turn, there should not be any carry over of Infrastructure to the next turn still within the city's production queue or whatever you call it, or if there is then the unit, structure, or whatever I want to build should be partially constructed already like you get when you change production to something else (shrine to factory...). Just because it was in the Patch doesn't make it correct, after all, how many patches did they have to make to get it so the program actually worked and didn't crash? My 2 cents worth.
                      Well let's see if I get it right this time last time I must admitt your description was a little bit confusing.

So you have a city in the turn before in the build you had Infrastructure or Capitalisation. In your current turn you change the item in the build queue from Infrastructure or Capitalisation to something else a building or a unit.

The supposed way to work is that you shouldn't have any production left, because it went into your PW reserve or gold reserve.

Now you should be able to rush buy your item if you have enough gold, the item is the first item in the build queue and of course it hasn't been rush bought already.

If you see a "---" in the turn number display then the item is not at the top of the build queue or your city doesn't generate any production in the current turn.

However the crashes you see aren't related to the problem you describe. At least not obviously.

Originally posted by Fugi the Great
                      Speaking of Maps. I've started a couple of new games on gigantic map and it has been turning into THOUSANDS of islands only one or two squares big and maybe one big continent. I try a post a screen shot to show it, but there is no ocean, the mini map is just a ton of tan dots. Did I do something wrong in a setting?
                      Do you use any modified const.txt's in your setup, E? As Flinx stated the map generator has problems with too large maps. However this can be adjusted in map.txt, but don't ask me how.

-Martin
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                        Do you use any modified const.txt's in your setup, E? As Flinx stated the map generator has problems with too large maps. However this can be adjusted in map.txt, but don't ask me how.

-Martin
                        If the amount of continents and islands is reached but there is still land that needs to be placed (as decided by your ocean-land setting) by the generator, it seems it will fill the gaps with a large mass of islands, but if you zoom out it has the look of a continent.

The only values i increased (proportionally to the increase in map size) in map.txt, and that were needed to fix it which are all related to continents were

MAP_NUM_CONTINENTS
                        MAP_MAX_WIDTH
                        MAP_MAX_HEIGHT

I suspect i couldve left the width and height, but i wouldve had to increase the number of continents even more, and i wasnt in a mood for experimenting.

But well if E didnt change any map size values i would be surprised if the problem happened with the default map sizes and map.txt, at least ive never seen it in all my time playing CtP2

Comment

• nope i did resize my gigantic map because i starting to draw a 204x286 Earth Map based On Marla Singer's Civ3 one. The 400x400 CtP2 one is great but ity took long to to do stuff on it. So I guess it was the size problem.
                          Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Fugi, have you tried cycling to the next city, then returning? I've not had your specific problem, but I have noticed that I get bogus production numbers when I first change from unit to city view, or if I start a turn on city view. Cycling the cities seems to fix it, so it might work for your problem, too.

Comment

• Well let's see if I get it right this time last time I must admitt your description was a little bit confusing. Sorry about that, I'll try again.

The supposed way to work is that you shouldn't have any production left, because it went into your PW reserve or gold reserve. Makes sense, put into the bank that gathers no interest, so far so good.

Now you should be able to rush buy your item if you have enough gold, the item is the first item in the build queue and of course it hasn't been rush bought already. Should be able to and can are different things.

If you see a "---" in the turn number display then the item is not at the top of the build queue or your city doesn't generate any production in the current turn. Exactly, but see below.

However the crashes you see aren't related to the problem you describe. At least not obviously. Didn't think they had anything to do with the Can't Rush Buy problem, just telling you what I saw playing this version of the Playtest.

Start of my turn, 100,000+ gold (so I do have enough to Rush Buy at least 1 of anything if needed), open up National Manager, Click on Status tab, click Building Column to put in Alphabetical order, pull slider down, notice that say maybe 9 cities show constructing Infrastructure, Highlight all 9, click Build Manager Button, Click on Buildings, Double click on Brokerage (example only, could be anything) to move to Current Queue, Click Insert, click Close. Back in National Manager, 4 cities now building Brokerages, 5 still in Infrastructure (they already have Brokerages). Click on city building Brokerage, (Blarney for example shows 6 turns to complete), Rush Buy button below is greyed out, with --- next to it, which you would get if you actually did Rush Buy it. I checked all those cities before to make sure they was nothing else in the queue. The weird thing is, if you did those exact same 4 cites above, but only one at a time, and doubleclick the Building you want, and move it to the top of the queue with Move Up button, then you CAN Rush Buy. This used to work as I tell it above, something has changed in this version, like it thinks those cities are still building Infrastructure, eventhough it clearly shows they are building something else. Like some registers didn't get cleared properly.

And yes demon59, I have cycled cities when I did it the first way, closed and then reopened the National Manger to see if it updated, same thing: ---. No need to cycle cities if I do Production changes one city at a time since it works fine then.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Fugi the Great; May 26, 2005, 20:28.
                              Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• Or this picture of the National Manager, with Blarney Highlighted. If I have enough gold (which I do) and it is the first thing in my queue (which it is), and haven't Rush Bought it already (still have 6 turns left, so I didn't do that), then I should be able to Rush Buy this, and it should show how much gold I need to do that. But of course I can't, Rush Buy is greyed out.
                                Attached Files
                                Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                                X