This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Magazine Names President Bush 'Person of the Year'

Congratulations President George W. Bush!!!
    HAVE A DAY.
    <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
    "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
    For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

They also named Hitler Person of the Year back in the 30's

As they say, it is only for the one that has most impact, not for the 'greatest'.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Clearly Bush's fault!
      Blah

Comment

He definitely deserved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          They also named Hitler Person of the Year back in the 30's

As they say, it is only for the one that has most impact, not for the 'greatest'.
          Don't compare Bush to Hitler. What happened to you anyways? You slid off to the left wing lately...
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

But I ask you, did People Magazine name him sexiest man of the year? I think not!!!
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I should have won this. I really think that. Well maybe next year.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo

Don't compare Bush to Hitler. What happened to you anyways? You slid off to the left wing lately...

It's Imran's time of the month.

Comment

Time's declaration of 'Person of the Year' has about as much weight as British music media's various predictions that the American guitar rock band du jour will SAVE ROCK MUSIC! at least until the next candidate steps forward. Why are people still paying attention to it?

As proved by those weighty candidates, Rudy Giuliani in 2001 and sheeeeesh 'Enron Whistleblowers' in 2002. Osama would have been the clear winner in 2001 expect for NOOOOOOOOO THINK ABOUT TEH TOWERS.
                  "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                  "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Don't compare Bush to Hitler.

Sorry... I'll apologize to Hitler's estate

PS, you don't have to be left wing to realize Bush is the worst President that the United States has EVER had.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I, for one, am glad Time named him Person of the Year. Genreally speaking, in the year following getting named PotY, something bad happens to him or her.

President Cheney! Say IT!
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                          I, for one, am glad Time named him Person of the Year. Genreally speaking, in the year following getting named PotY, something bad happens to him or her.

President Cheney! Say IT!
                          And let me guess. . . You'll be the one that pulls the trigger! Shame on you!
                          HAVE A DAY.
                          <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
                          "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
                          For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

PS, you don't have to be left wing to realize Bush is the worst President that the United States has EVER had.
                            Don't you have any pedophile, whale-raping abomination, or genocidal maniac?
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Don't compare Bush to Hitler.

Sorry... I'll apologize to Hitler's estate

You are right. You can also be a fool.
                              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Working...
                              X