PBEM Mod: Suggestion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBEM Mod: Suggestion Thread

Okay, this is where you make suggestions! Please state the problem you see, the reasons it's a problem, and the possible solutions you see. If you don't see any solutions as yet, that's fine - but no proposal can be made without a solution.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

I think we should begin the suggestions here and only move to a seperate thread if the discussion here warrants it. That sounds like what you had in mind snoop, but this thread is empty and the mod threads are about to push themselves off the first page. The forum is starting to look like it did pre-split.
    Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

lol, ok I wanted to have certain threads out there, particularly certain issues that were very likely to come up, either from the earlier thread or otherwise ... but what you say makes sense. If it gets active enough I suppose MarkG will set up a forum for it (like AU has), but until that point we should ... consolidate ...

Comment

How about a simple goal to start with: determine the best 7 (5?) changes by a set date (end of Jan?), and make version one of the mod with those?

Comment

Sounds like a very good idea, and apprehends my fear that nothing useful will occur by this mod before Civ4 is released (at least partially, anyway).
          "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
          -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Make it so names of Civ's can be changed in game.
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Was that request directed at the mod panel or at Santa Claus?

Comment

Re: PBEM Mod: Suggestion Thread

ahhh maybe either SnoopCat or Rommel could link all the various threads in one of the two opening posts

keep this as a control thread...

then Rommel, as the Moderator, you could also adjust the thread name to state that this is the control thread etc for these mod issues

then Rommel, as the Moderator, you could also top the thread

just a suggestion, incase it is not being done in another thread

Originally posted by snoopy369
                Okay, this is where you make suggestions! Please state the problem you see, the reasons it's a problem, and the possible solutions you see. If you don't see any solutions as yet, that's fine - but no proposal can be made without a solution.

ok, lets see if I have this right...

problem: too many threads
                proposal: list of links to all the threads in opening posts, making this a control thread. And then having this thread topped
                solution: we have a general thread, here, with links to all of the on topic issues etc, so we know where to go for the many more in depth discussions etc

ahh it is all good
                Attached Files
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Hello

is there anyone out there???

I am of the Horde.

Comment

Being in the alcohol business, I hope you can imagine this is a busy week for us.

Year-end quota-meeting sales will spill over for a few weeks yet, so I won't have much spare time until the end of January...

Comment

oh well said old chap

yes well said indeed

Here, have a beer.

woo hoo

/me seen heading for the cellars with a few beer jugs
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Actually, I'm already sampling that Black Label grape juice you've previously recommended...

Comment

lol you folk are funny

Comment

From the Small Wonders, Big Wonders thread, the suggestion was made that Scientific Great Leaders are the most imbalancing part of the Great Wonder situation. Since SGLs can be disabled from the start-up screen, there is no need to eliminate them with a mod.

However, simply eliminating SGLs takes away a perk from scientific tribes. If it were decided that the GW issue would be best solved by disabling SGLs, we might consider compensating the scientific trait somehow.

Alternatively, as was mentioned in the other thread, the rush capability of SGLs could be reduced to that of an MGL. This would hurt the sci trait also, albeit to a lesser degree...

Comment

And would help the Sci. trait to a large extent - because almost nobody plays with SGLs in PBEM right now...

Comment

Working...
                              X