civ 3 ptw mp prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civ 3 ptw mp prob

hi guys, im new for civ 3 or there abouts, play the world has been in my in-tray for over a year now, i just picked it out and installed... civ 3 single, then civ 3 ptw had months screen on boot up. some pages looked screwed up so i went straight to get patches. now the game is telling me i dont have the cd ptw... hope sombody can help me as im a big fan of alpha centuri. and would be very greatfull of some help. running xp pro, on a 3 gig pro p4... 160 gig hd. 1 meg con. on a rage 2

merry christmas every body

swainy

You probably installed the wrong patches.
    They screwed up with this one. If you have the american version, you need the American patches, if not, you'll nedd the UK ones.

So, uninstall and einstall with the correct one, that should do the trick..
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

i shell give it a try,

Comment

thx m8, i really apresiate that help.. game works fine now... yippy i got me a new game to enjoy over christmas..... merry christmas to you and everybody on this fantastic site

xxx swainy

Comment

...and a happy christmas to you too.

Have fun.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

me again sry guys

i was wrong,, single player works fine,, been really busy at work,,only just had time to tinker with the mp game play.

right it seems i got me another problem. everything works great intill i click launch game in mp. avg off, fire wall off, and not running through g,spy, but tried all ways. game goes through the mossions on launch, fine untill i spawn, a spit second after i see my spawn location game goes to main menu. with no back to game option. patch i installed was civ 3ptw121f english version as im from england and thats my cd version. it does feel like a fire wall prob but i tried turning that off with avg, no joy

sombody tell me im stupid and my probs really simple..
            but im new to this game and its easy for me to miss somthing... thing is , if fraxis want me to spend another 60 quid on there software they had better sort things out next time. cos like joe public, i ent gona bother with all this messing about.

swainy. thx for any help

Comment

Working...
            X