No announcement yet.

Gamer buys virtual Island for real $

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep: i predict that by the time this thread hits 200 views we'll have someone here who has signed on to this.

Hell: Asher may be there right now!
    What?

Comment

Yeah, we've heard about all of this, and many a libertarian creamed their pants over this.

Btw, can one conquer stuff, and drive him away from his island, in game?
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
        Btw, can one conquer stuff, and drive him away from his island, in game?
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
          What's the problem?

After all, it's little different from spending thousands of $ for a painting.

More like buying an unnumbered lithograph by a living artist, dont you think?
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

For anyone interested: https://www.project-entropia.com/Index.ajp
            What?

Comment

That would be only fair. Otherwise, where's the gaming interest?

/me wants to spawn into the game with a party of storm troopers in power armors, to smite away those bow and sabre totting *******s.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Maybe you can buy your own militia or finance a revolution on his Island... But as it says: it's your own real money that you use...

For those who do have the $, i guess it can be interesting.
                What?

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel

* Azazel wants to spawn into the game with a party of storm troopers in power armors, to smite away those bow and sabre totting *******s.
                  Project Entropia is set in a sci-fi environment.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

oh, damn. Well, I'll guess I'll need the bigger raygun, or something.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Re: Gamer buys virtual Island for real $

Kind of gives new meaning to the term 'ficticious capital'
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Earlier this year economists calculated that these massively multi-player online role-playing games (MMORPGs) have a gross economic impact equivalent to the GDP of the African nation of Namibia.

Comment

I'd like to see someone get a mortgage on this stuff.
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I would love to play these games, but I would get too into it, and slack off in the real world. With real money it's like gambling I think. Even worse.

Comment

What's the problem?

After all, it's little different from spending thousands of $ for a painting.
                              I agree...
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I've seen this game. Someone who spends real money on buying things in a game has problems. This is completely different from buying the game itself.

Originally posted by Smiley
                                I'd like to see someone get a mortgage on this stuff.
                                Imagine if the server crashed and all the data was lost

Comment

Working...
                                X