Issues concerning gays -- part XXXVVV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wiglaf
    And why nonsensical? Divide it up into 1/50's.
    There are several legal privileges given to the spouse that are by their nature impossible to reconcile with multiple spouses.

Comment

• Not really.

Comment

• Things such as the right do decide what happens with the deceased's body.

Comment

All homosexuals do is sodomy, within the contexts of this age-appropriate forum.

The fact that some heterosexuals do it is irrelevant.
          All homosexuals do is sodomy? Seems you don't know what the word actually means.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Things such as the right do decide what happens with the deceased's body.
            They can vote.

Comment

They can vote.
              ... which, as I said, is nonsensical and contrary to the spirit of the legal privilege.

Comment

• No it isn't.

Comment

• If it wasn't, then you wouldn't be against it. QED.

Comment

• It can be legally justified.

It's culturally absurd.

Comment

Culturally the world is in upheaval, this liberal idea that advocates pleasure above all else.

This 'liberal' sentiment presumably:

" We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. "

Say what?

'The pursuit of happiness' ?

Yeah, you commie pinko pervert Founding Fathers, marrying your cats and dogs !

For shame....
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

It's culturally absurd.
                        Why? The is no rationale to your statement. Nor that gay marriage will result 'in the collapse of Western civilisation' as you keep saying in some form or other. So substantiate it!

Just because something is tradition doesn't make it right. Remember slavery? Was that right? At the time, you'd have probably wanted to retain slavery because it is tradition and would shake the foundations of society. But no, because you have the power of hindsight. What makes this different?
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison

What makes this different?
                          It's to do with sodomitical morphodites like me.

Apparently I have spent the past three months entirely preoccupied with this:

'All homosexuals do is sodomy'

Wiglaf

I tell you, sodomy is quite hard to conceal on a visit to a Norman church, the Banqueting Hall (made it somewhat difficult to appreciate the Rubens' ceiling) and it definitely got in the way of trying to eat a Dijon slice and a Mont Blanc at Miason Bertaux.

I'm hoping my partner's parents will forgive my giving myself up entirely to pleasures of the fleshly kind, and will have provided wipe clean furniture covers for the duration of my visit.

I fear that I may have to warn the train company in advance though, as my wet wipes may be used up by the time I reach Paddington Station.

Rush hour sodomy can be so taxing....
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Its time to remove the bias inherent in the Judeo-Christian concept of marriage from our laws ........... but only for homosexuals. Fascinating! Mormons, moslems, and anyone else who thinks differently (but are consenting adults of course) they're ****ed.
                            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• I think when it comes down to it, it's definitely an issue of freedom and equality. The two things we should be looking out in democracies. Should be protecting those things.

It's a matter of "I don't want gays to marry". That is imposing a belief against someones life. That is RESTRICTING someones life and way of life, when that someone is NOT restricting your way of life and life. That's the bottom line IMO. We are limiting someone elses freedoms. Now, we might like it or not, we might not like the idea of two guys kissing in the streets. I must say that I go myself 'NASTY!'!! But then again, it's not MY life. If I value my life and my way of life and my freedoms, I should protect others freedoms as well, as that is protecting MY freedoms. I can't choose, that what ever freedom I don't care is not needed or important. I can't scream freedom when it suits me, and restriction when it doesn't. That's just against the nature of freedom.

Gay sex and bestiality is not the same thing. Bestiality is not legal. It is illegal. Gay sex is legal. And of course, bestiality involves animals, where as gay sex involves people. Hey, hetero guys stick it in the poopster too. They do exactly the same things, that gay people do. There's just no difference in the bedroom.

All I'm saying is that if we decide to limit the freedoms of gay people, we are limiting our own freedoms at the same time. And if we allow that, we can just as well limit other freedoms that we don't happen to like. Freedom is not something that we should always like. Freedom of expression and speech involves also speech we don't like, expression we don't like. It's the nature of it. Otherwise it's not really a freedom, but chosen set of things we allow and chosen set of things we don't allow in a big set of things that are really the same thing, but at the end we just don't feel like something is serving us right, something we don't like.

Religion etc, that point of view has different approaches on the issue. It's not clear, cut and settled. But since when does religion rule the laws in a democracy, limiting freedom of something it does not see as a good idea, overriding laws? In true democracies it doesn't. IN Taliban world it does.

If in the US the states can decide for themselves, then states should decide themselves how they're going to approach this issue. And the gays ruining the institution fo marriage.. well.. straight people have been doing a really good job at it for a long time.

In freedom, I should not be able to limit what you want to do if it's legal. Just like you should not be able to limit mine.

What if the world was gay dominant, and they didn't allow us straight people to marry, because they find it nasty and wrong? What if we were the minority? Of course we'd be screaming unequality. So why is it OK to go the other way then? I think it isn't, I think we're all created equal and our system in our societies are here to serve us and to protect our rights, and those are rights to freedom and all that.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpencerH
                                Its time to remove the bias inherent in the Judeo-Christian concept of marriage from our laws ........... but only for homosexuals. Fascinating! Mormons, moslems, and anyone else who thinks differently (but are consenting adults of course) they're ****ed.
                                As I mentioned, the legal rights accorded to a married couple don't work with more than two people. They can certainly form marriage-like contracts, but marriage as we do it isn't possible between more than two people.

Comment

Working...
                                X