Issues concerning gays -- part XXXVVV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

note my point on changing definitions

and note that I agree with lifitng the prohibitions on interacial marriage, just like I agree with lifting the prohibitions on homosexual marriage

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

MrFun, I have been totally convinced by your arguments.

Oh, wait, I already was convinced, so this thread is pointless to me. Well then, I shall be leaving.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Re: Issues concerning gays -- part XXXVVV

Originally posted by MrFun
        Apparently, convicted felons are worthy of equal citizenship over law-abiding gays and lesbians who pay their taxes, earn a living through a job, and are actively involved in their community.
        Yeah, but... Dirty homo gays want to... Uh... get married and stuff.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

(to Jon Miller)

Actually, broadening the inclusion of gays into the institution of marriage would strengthen families that are based on couples who are gay and of the same gender.

Including gays in the institution of marriage would actually strengthen true family values, because then, not only would the couples have legal protection of their long-term commitment to one another, their children will also be protected by the law.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I agree that it would be a good thing (strengthen families of gays, children of gays, and societal and legal support of 'permant' relationships)

I just also agree, that in a way in weakens marriage

the positives far outway the negatives

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

What? Is it part thirty-fifteen already?

[/smartass comment on the title]
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Ban all marriages! It is the single largest contributory factor to divorce in the world!
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

MrFun

Join the underground railroad of the 21st Century.

Flee gender slavery and sexual oppression!

Canada welcomes you!
                  Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

HUH??
                    Presumably something along the lines of 'how you gonna keep them down on the farm now they've been to a wedding reception with white folks....'

Or not.

To be honest I don't think his arguments were terribly coherent, and neither did he.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I scream
                      You scream
                      We all scream for icecream
                      you scream
                      you scream

Comment

This thread is coincidentally quite topical, as some parts of the press in Britain are getting up in arms about Peter Sutcliffe (The "Yorkshire Ripper") allegedly being about to marry a woman.

Comment

I would have thought it was abundantly clear that a large majority of americans oppose gay marriage because of their religious beliefs. Continually bringing this issue in front of them is like waving a red flag at a bull. A more sensible approach is to promote civil unions which (again) a majority seem to support (or at least condone).
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
                            I scream
                            You scream
                            you scream
                            you scream
                            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                              I would have thought it was abundantly clear that a large majority of americans oppose gay marriage because of their religious beliefs. Continually bringing this issue in front of them is like waving a red flag at a bull. A more sensible approach is to promote civil unions which (again) a majority seem to support (or at least condone).
                              People can take their religious beliefs and cram it...
                              Marriage is sanctioned by the state. Let the state decide... religions shouldn't be involved any more than providing a religious sanction to the state approved marriage. Hell, religions can't even agree on this topic. So let them deal with their congregations... and let the state determine the actual laws that EVERYBODY has to follow.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Does that court judgement mean that gay convicts can marry?
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X