Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Salute to Rhothaerill

Rhoth/Jared...

As we hit another key milestone in this game - a game which to some of us has taken both its share of time and emotion - I just want to say thank-you and WOW! ... You have done a fabulous job rebuilding our shattered nation. Furthermore, you have steered a deft political course which has seen us benefit from our close relationship to Lego, as well as maintaining our neutrality with the rest of the world. In fact, I would say the other nations consider us their friends, and from what I have been able to glean from DeepO's posts, I think we have the respect of the others for our research capabilities.

So - a big hats off to you! I think this calls for a special parade in the New Voice... maybe Beta's Personal Guard can be it. Pullllleeeeeeeeassse.

And on the flip side... I can't help but feeling sad for Lego - and in particular Vondrack. I know he puts 150% into everything he does here - and I think Lego pulled in close to 200%. His disappointment in the thread was palpable. I hope he and his team mates are doing OK. In some smal way - I know how they feel. Right Witt?

And back to the positive - and related to my post in the other thread - this may open a very tiny sliver of a possibility for us to get back into contention. That was one idea. I'm sure other opportunities will arise as the game progresses.

It is good to be Voxian. And alive. Thanks again Rhoth!
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Thanks.

Yeah I kind of feel sad for Lego too. I was really hoping they would be able to hold out against the alliance.

We shall see how it goes though obviously the others don't want to attack us...which is interesting because any one of them with the exception of RP could wipe us out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhothaerill

We shall see how it goes though obviously the others don't want to attack us...which is interesting because any one of them with the exception of RP could wipe us out.
      Actually - I think we are going to be courted for our research capability. That is way more valuable than the land we are sitting on. And you of all people know the time it took to get this piece of rock to be worth anything.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

yah, way to go Rhoth

JonMiller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

btw

the play style we have had (1 person playing, taking turns) is what I imagined when I first started this team

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

You are right Jon....and Rhoth has offered the reigns of "player" (ie, The Voice) to the rest of the membership on numerous occasions - but no one stepped forward to claim them, so Rhoth trekked forward and brought Vox to what it is today. Good Show Rhoth!!!

Now Jon, by your last message....are you placing yourself up for nomination as the new Voice?

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
              Now Jon, by your last message....are you placing yourself up for nomination as the new Voice?

Well, Jon??

(btw - how ar e you doing anyway? Back at the studies again this year?)

Comment

honestly, I never figured out how to do the turns (I still get them)

and you have done an excellent job, Rhoth, I know that I couldn't have done so well

yah, I am still studying, as always, I am trying to impress this guy and get him to take me on as a student (I am a 3rd year grad student and I don't have an advisor, this is very bad)

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                  honestly, I never figured out how to do the turns
                  As team captain - that is pretty funny. Then again - a true sign of laedership is the ability to empower others.

yah, I am still studying, as always, I am trying to impress this guy and get him to take me on as a student (I am a 3rd year grad student and I don't have an advisor, this is very bad)
                  I'm sure if he could see your avatar on Poly you would be a shoo in.

(best of luck, Jon)

Comment

Great work Rhoth!
                    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I will be posting shortly in the main forum that I am stepping down as turnplayer of Vox. Beta has agreed to take over the reins again.

I came to the conclusion last night that I don't really have the desire to enact all the diplomatic and settlement changes that will be needed with the collapse of Lego.

It's been fun, but I think a change is best for Vox right now. Not to worry as I'll still be around and will give my opinion when it's warranted (and maybe when it's not ).

Comment

Rhoth

You have done more than your share by far, except of course for screwing up the names of our battleships

Thanks for everything you have done here. You were and still are about 50% of the reason I joined VOX.

*"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

(shhh - soon as he is gone we can rename the ships.... )

Rhoth - enough said already above.

But please please please be around, because if we get a good chunk of land to work with - we will need all views on the best settlement.

(And Witt is here to testify what a poor job we did of the original Vox land. Then again - we were much newer to the game. Oh - how I would replay that start over again.)

Comment

Touche' my friend Beta, Touche' ... how many times have I replayed our first strike against GS back in my mind (what could-of, or what should-of possibilies)....I concur. Roth, We need you now in our MOST deserate hour! Don't leave us now! You have proven yourself time and again!...why do you think that no one has claimed the reigns???? No one else feels that they can be as capable of the job as you have been so far! Rhoth - don't you dare stepdown from the thone now!!!
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Witt - to continue with this bit of nostalgia - we should have done two things in the war, IMHO...

1. sailed the galley further down the east coast and land on the mountains nearer their core and the iron supply.

2. Keep all the rest in one stack , and tackle that first city in the hills - despite the losses. If we could have taken some territory, and killed some units - we may have gained momemntum.

And oh yes - gotten someone other than Ghengis from GoW to povide the military assistance. I still say GoW screwed around right before the start of that war - the trade, their choice of landing spots, etc.

Or, or, or - even before that - I think we could have made a viable landing on Bob. I understand now that other than some ND swords, there was nothing around to challenge us. All in all, when we needed to be bold, we got timid, or split forces. Yes, I've learned a lot since then. Just as that defeat taught me a lot. I'm still impressed to this day how GS did it.

So yes, Rhoth - stay close.

Comment

Working...
                              X