CTP2 Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP2 Crash

My game crashes with or without patch 1.1. This is the message I get when it happens:

CTP2 caused an invalid page fault in
    module CTP2.EXE at 0177:00442677.
    Registers:
    EAX=00000000 CS=0177 EIP=00442677 EFLGS=00010246
    EBX=40000953 SS=017f ESP=00d3fc60 EBP=00d3fcb0
    ECX=0445dc4c DS=017f ESI=0445dc4c FS=11e7
    EDX=05cd4cb0 ES=017f EDI=05cd3380 GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    8b 88 a8 03 00 00 85 c9 74 04 33 c0 5e c3 a1 10
    Stack dump:
    03663ca0 0063077e 05cd3380 00000000 40000953 00df9508 05cd4b40 00d3fc8c 004d072d 00d3fca8 00d3fcac 00d3fcb0 0048f479 00d3fca8 00d3fcac 0358a8bc

Any suggestions?

Well Micro$oft error messages aren't very informative, you should rather provide your savegame here so that we have a chance to test it on the debug version of the game.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Do I just pull the file out of the saved game folder on my hard drive?

Comment

Well it is in one of the sub folders of the save game folder. Zip it and attach it here.

-Martin

Comment

Here is the zipped saved game file. Your help is greatly appreciated!
          Attached Files

Comment

Alright my game just recently crashed, i thought it was just my puter acting up, so i restarted and it crashed again, i think it has something to do with building hills and a fortress on the same block at the sametime...
            btw how do i find out what version i have?
            i only ask because i bought this game for very cheap: $10. on ebay, and its called xplosiv.
            Attached Files

Comment

1mic,
              you've got the same version that I have (mine was a free 'loyal subscriber' award!) & I reckon it's the vanilla version (original Activision release) without packaging or printed Tech Tree.

Comment

Originally posted by 1mic
                btw how do i find out what version i have?
                Look into the lower right corner of the CTP2 opening screen, there you should find a line of text in blue, saying v.1.1 if you have installed the patch if the string is missing you have an unpatched version.

-Martin

Comment

alright i dl'd the patch and my game still crashes... can anyone see what the problem is?
                  i attached my zipfile on #6 post

Comment

geez, i miss playing my game!
                    it keeps crashing right before it becomes my turn.

can somebody fix this or find out what the problem is?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well I used our playtest version played one turn and no crash, obviously we already have fixed that problem. I attached the savegame here, but I don't know if you can load it with the original patched game, but maybe it work. The game is saved one turn after your turn. I don't recommend to use the playtest version right now, because there is a bug in it that slows down the game on multi land mass maps. Hope it works that you can continue the game. The only little problem could be that the problem might occur again.

And another note you are really building railroads like crazy. No need to do this in CTP2, railroads just reduce the movement costs of a tile.

-Martin
                      Attached Files

Comment

sorry for the noob question but:
                        what is the play test version?
                        when i bought the game it didnt come with a user manual or guide.
                        and i put the railroads sparringly only to utilize movements and increase production/food.

Comment

anyways it still crashes, i figured since the root of the problem is probably the fortress and hills infastructure.
                          i built those to things on the same square at the sametime.
                          i turned the cheat on and changed the land to grassland to see what would happen and end the turn. and it didnt crash!

i have to find away around cheating, because i dont want to turn the option on when playing. this is my first CTP2 game btw set to only medium
                          me=noob

Comment

rail doesnt increase production/food

Comment

Originally posted by 1mic
                              what is the play test version?
                              The CTP2 source code project is working on the CTP2 sourcecode in an attempt to remove bugs and add new useful features.

The various versions produced by the project (in particular the most recent version) are called the playtest versions.

Comment

Working...
                              X